“Below average bistro frozen chips !”

Seahorse Seafood Bistro and Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 209 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Below average bistro frozen chips !”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Very poor meal,my steak arrived cooked how i like it but cold!
Was taken back will my friends eat there food 15 mins later a hot nicely cooked steak arrived.
Then I asked the waitress where are my chips !
A further wait of 10 mins.
No offer of an a pology very expensive poor quality food we won't return.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Dave H

Betws-y-Coed, United Kingdom
“Lovely food but lacking in service attention ”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Visited the seahorse last week as part of a group of 10. Seated upstairs I was at first surprised by the decor as it is so different from the lower floor that is lovely and rustic. Upstairs is far from rustic or chic, it is just plain gaudy with bright murals adorning the walls.
I chose the thai chicken risotto for a starter which was quite tasty but made with long grain rice! The main of seafood spaghetti was good but nowhere near as good as I have had on previous occasions. It was made up mainly of muscles and hardly any monkfish with the scallops being overdone.
The group as a whole enjoyed their food but our main concern was the lack of service. Even when the waiting staff could see that everyone had glasses on the table that were empty, no offer of refreshments was made. We had to ask for service every time we wanted drinks. The setting up of other tables around us for the next day whilst we ate our desserts was not appreciated and gave the impression that our welcome was coming to an end.
I will return, but only with a small group as it feels like they can't manage the hosting of larger tables.

1 Thank Tillyb2006
St. Asaph, United Kingdom
“Still as good 2 years on!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Visited Seahorse over 2 years ago and was pleasantly surprised it was still as good as last time.
The restaurant only had one other couple in this time as apposed to last time we went it was really busy.
Shame it had no astmosphere as the food we had was excellent in all the three courses.
Plenty of choice on the menu to cater for all tastes.

• Visited March 2014
wales
“Expensive!! Bad value!! Sad!!”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Ate here one night of a weekend stay in feb 14. We were shocked at the quality and prices! I love fish my partner doesn't, so he wanted meat dishes, he ordered chicken piri piri, at £17.50 this is steep for a chicken breast with chips or potatoes but shockingly it is jus chicken, no green, no salad, no chips, no nothing!! If u want a "meal" you have to pay "extra" for "sides" which are £3 each!! So if u expected salad and chips or veg and potatoes your looking at another £6!! That's not far off 25 quid for a chicken main course! The fish is served in same manner with nothing extra and priced more round 18-20 quid per fish, this could be compensated for if food was not dry and seemly over cooked! Them £3 chips described on menu as French fries are simply thick cut frozen chips! They are not fries at all,Not the quality We expected at all! Wines that are on "offer" are still around £3 more than other restaurants are serving them at, so hardly on offer then! Definitely would not recommend it or ever go back, much nicer places to eat in Llandudno , so don't waste your money! StAff also hardly the happiest people!!

• Visited February 2014
6 Thank louise M
Cheshire England
“Not as good as expected”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This restaurant was booked for me and my husband, for Christmas Dinner, which was awful, vegetables where burnt potatoes warmed up, not what we were expecting, starter was good and also dessert. as I said the main course was awful, maybe we where expecting two much, it cost 100 pound for two of us, we did not complain because the people who booked for us owned the Guest house that we stayed in.

• Visited December 2013