“Good cooking, very average service”

Seahorse Seafood Bistro and Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 211 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We dined here in July 2013, and the overall experience was a little let down by the service. The food was tasty and well presented, although lacked refinement. My dish of Thai style spicy beef salad was as good flavour wise as what you would expect in a top Thai restaurant, but was let down by the fact the dish was drowned in soya sauce !! Selection of Seafood was well presented and flavoured, but was very sweet for my taste, which distracted from the well cooked local fish and shell fish. Desserts were nice though, simple presented and tasty.
Service was inattentive, and the waitress that served us was not very well trained at all. Instead of helping when we were undecided on the menu, and perhaps recommending a dish on the menu, she rolled her eyes like she something more important to do, and unfortunately service continued in this way for the rest of the meal, which was the overall let down.
The table next to us also agreed with us that the service was poor, and we all left with out leaving any service charge or tip.
If service was improved I would say the food is worth going for, but as it stands I would not currently return.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had one of the best fish dinners in this cozy basement pub. We went with a special off the board (Halibut Steak) and were delighted. There was a chicken piri piri on the menu that really tempted me, but we stuck with the fish as staff at our 4-star hotel recommended the Seahorse, saying the daily fish specials can't be beat and the wine list is outstanding. The chef/owner himself came out to discuss the wine choices with us, which was an unexpected treat! All in all, a terrific meal. If we ever get back to Llandudno, we will head straight to the Seahorse!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you love seafood then you will love the Seahorse. Without doubt one of the best meals that I have ever eaten. We were a party of 8 who they squeezed in at the last minute as we had been horribly let down by the hotel we were staying in. Every single one of us was more than impressed by the food, staff. location - there is no higher praise I can give. At the end of the night the chef / owner (I think) visited every single table to get their feedback, which is probably one of the reasons why he has such a successful business. If I lived closer I would dine there on a regular basis.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

It's not the 1st time we have eaten here, and It certainly won't be the last either. Everything about this restaurant is spot on. Obviously the menu is predominantly fish based, but there is a fine selection for the carnivores. Some people say It's rather expensive! Well fish is expensive. But you pay for quality. Staff are very polite and attentive, food is gorgeous and the Chef even comes out to greet the customers. Quality all round.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Nice place for a special meal.Quality exceeds, the service and food is top notch,great vareity and options for all.Wine list that would put many bigger flash establishments to shame.Fish lovers paradise but excellent steaksif thats your wish.Puds very good as well.Two very pleasent waitress's and the chef/owner has time to chat with you and is not just interested in your money. Not cheap probably a quid or two over what it should be , but it is quality. No problem to me but location is a basement with upstairs for over flow.