“Fantastic stay!”
Review of The Broadway Hotel

The Broadway Hotel
Ranked #37 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a great weekend away at the Broadway Hotel in llandudno. The owners Marc and Sheryl really did go out of their way to make sure we had such a comfortable and enjoyable stay, with the full English breakfast being just one of the many great highlights! The hotel is in a brilliant central location with the beach, restaurants and shops very close by. Once again a fantastic stay and we will be returning very soon.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank NicolaMorris120
There are newer reviews for The Broadway Hotel

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We just needed a place to lay our heads for a night so we could go out and have a change of scenery from our home town. Fitted the bill.

It seemed the owner had her hands full with manning reception, serving drinks, cooking and serving food but the place had a real family feel to it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2014

just returned from weekend break at the broadway, as 2 couples, we had an excellent stay, the breekie was fab, service first class, it was very friendly. the only thing we would liked was another hand towel ...... otherwise first class.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dollydimple1
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Im not going to start slating this hotel because Ive stayed here for the odd night about 7 times.
However, I spent last night there. I use the hotel firstly because its "dog friendly" and in addition its a comfortable value hotel in a good location.
But yesterday I got a really rude awakening when I was told that I needed to take my small well behaved and friendly dog out of the hotel when I wasnt there and not leave him in the room on his own.
Anyone who knows me knows I dote on Kaspar and hes my world. But I was there with my friend for a night away and was looking forward to a couple of hours out round the pubs. But I was told that I should take the dog out with me and not leave him alone in the room because "we are dog friendly NOT A KENNEL"
I was shocked firstly at the rule but also at the inference that I am a bad dog owner for leaving him in the room for a couple of hours also being told "We dont ever leave our dogs on their own"
We were given an option to not check in if we didnt like the rule which after travelling and the fact that nowhere else dog friendly wouldnt have a vacancy wasnt an option.
The hotel had apparantly had an incident with a dog recently, which I sympathize with but my dog is never any trouble and the fact that we had stayed 6 times previously and they had no issues (and this was pointed out to the hotel owner) would indicate this.
The whole incident left me feeling uncomfortable as I felt I was creeping round in case I was being watched and judged by someone who has no idea how much I care for my dog.
Its not a problem if this hotel doesnt want to accept dogs but to advertise as dog friendly is a joke. Its unreasonable to expect everyone to take their dog out the hotel if they were going to a restaurant or to the theatre. Its not cruel to leave a dog in a room for a couple of hours. And to feel adversly judged by someone who knows nothing is an insult.

Well for us now begins the search for another dog friendly hotel in Llandudno or in future to not visit this lovely town and instead go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Rooms are not dog friendly
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Ed_Mallam
marc v, Owner at The Broadway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

I do not make assumptions as to whether you are a good or bad dog owner, however as I stated to you we remain as ever a Pet Friendly Hotel, however we do not and will not allow guests to leave their pets unattended in our rooms so that they can go out and enjoy themselves for the day or evening.

I explained to you why we do not accept pets being unattended and you confirmed that you understood this, however you still felt you should be able to leave your pet in your room while you went out. I can confirm that I did state that we are not a Kennel Service and I did also provide you with the opportunity of not staying without incurring any charges. However, you decided to stay and confirmed that you understood the reasons for our comments.

Over the weekend you were here we had 5 other dogs in the hotel and not one owner left their pet in their room unattended except at breakfast time.

In our experience, people bringing their pets away with them do so as they value the time that they spend with them.

It is sad that you are unable to stay here with us again however, we can not accept guests with pets if they are unable to accept our terms and conditions.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Just stayed one night having visited zip world Snowdonia.The hotel is in a great position, at the begining of Mostyn Street for the shops, two minutes from the front and ten minutes from the pier.

Our bedroom was a good size with a seaview, two very confortable single beds and a reasonable sized bathroom with bath and shower, everywhere was spotless.

There was a good selection of cereals at breakfast and the cooked breakfast was plentiful and of good quality.

Mark and Cheryl were friendly and helpfull as were the rest of the staff. We had a bit of a hic-up with the bill but it was resolved amicably. (I must check my bank statements more often).
If we return to Llandudno we would definitely stay at the Broadway again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank PeterM3039
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is well positioned within the town. The proprietor was very welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble. Room was clean & comfortable & the breakfasts were delicious. Would stay again if ever in Llandudno.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lucy L
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This property has a good location, 5 mins from the railway station and to the sea by a turn-around!
But honestly the single room does look a bit shabby although it is a proper ensuite room with a bath tub. Dim light, limited facility, bad signal and weak wifi. That was ok for this price, but obviously I can be so picky about that.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo