“short break”
Review of The Clontarf Hotel

The Clontarf Hotel
Ranked #6 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I travelled to Llandudno on a Friday we arrived at the Hotel quite early but decided to pop inside of course our room wasnt ready we were early, but we was welcomed by Joni and showed to a lovely lounge and offered a pot of tea. This made an impression straight away and was very welcoming . We checked into a lovely room one of the smaller ones as we had paid a good price and the hotel was full that weekend it was very modern and very clean. We had a very goodnights sleep and next morning went down to breakfast and was pleasantly suprised by the variety on offer .We are certainly booking again .Friendly hosts beautifull decor comfort and excellent location on Westshore.

Room Tip: seaview in the smaller room

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was my third stay at the Clontarf in the past 10 months. I usually stay with some friends but this time I stayed with my husband. As usual I enjoyed every minute of my stay there. Room (metropolitan) was wonderful, clean bright and spacious and oh that shower.... My husband enjoyed his first stay, especially the electric bed. The food is wonderful, well prepared, great variety and so hot. I think anybody who works in hospitality these days has a difficult job and Joni and Mark are no exception. They work hard to ensure everything is right and if it isn't you only have to say and they quickly sort out any problem, it never seems to much trouble. Everybody's expectations are different I know and I am sure that if I tried really hard I could find some faults but having stayed in a number of very poor places over the years I will continue to recommend this hotel to everybody. In fact I like it so much I'm already booked again for November.

Room Tip: They are all wonderful but my favourite remains the romantic.
1  Thank Grengee
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Wonderful family run hotel on the west shore.
If you want a quiet break but within 10 minutes walk of the town centre then this is the one to choose.
This is our 3rd or 4th stay and cannot fault it.
The owners, Joni and Mark make you very welcome and they always try to please.

Room Tip: They are all good.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My family and I (8 of us in 5 rooms) have just got back from staying at The Clontarf for a family celebration.

First of all, I will list all the negative things ........ (yep, that should just about do it!)

Now, what did we love about it......
- Joni and Mark were great hosts - very friendly, very helpful and nothing too much trouble
- The rooms were great - as described, very high quality and very comfortable
- The evening meal was superb - as good as any we've had, including some fancy/expensive places
- The breakfast was perfect - lots of choice and well cooked
- The location was excellent - within easy reach of Llandudno and attractions, but, far enough away to be nice and tranquil

Would we recommend to others? - We certainly would and, indeed, already have!

Thanks to Joni and Mark for making our celebration all that more special

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MysteryMan_9
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This place was recommended by a friend and we were not disappointed... On arrival we were upgraded, which was a good start, and the room was lovely. Having seen the photos on the website, all the rooms are lovelt, and look as they do on the website, which isnt always the case!! The staff here are all friendly and will do anything to help.Its a short walk to the centre so the hotel is well placed. Breakfast is brill, and again, anything you want, they will do for you. We only stayed the one night, but will deff visit again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nikkinoods
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed in the Romantic Room and it was lovely. A large Orme view room, with a Jacuzzi Bath in the en-suite bathroom. The hosts go out of their way to make your stay very special with a warm and friendly welcome. The breakfast is the perfect start to any day. Would highly recommend this Hotel for any one who enjoys a little bit of luxury while away.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DarLyn C
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

First time but definitely won't be the last. Had a brilliant two night stay, weather unbelievable, breakfast wonderful, location 10 mins to pier or 2 mins to West Shore. Access to Great Orme across the road from hotel. All guests were friendly and quiet. Joni and Mark made you feel relaxed and at home, nothing too much trouble. If you like Landudno then you won't be disappointed staying here.

• Stayed: July 2013