“A wonderful hotel - very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable hosts in a beautiful part of Llandudno”
Review of The Clontarf Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Clontarf Hotel
Ranked #6 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Clontarf hotel on four occasions over the last 2 years (I haven't had the technology to review before now) each time I have found Joni and Mark excellent hosts. They have taken time to get to know my son, are always welcoming and their local knowledge has resulted in some great day trips. The rooms I have stayed in are impressively individual in character, spotlessly clean and terrific value for a couple and a family stay. I will be returning on at least two more occasions before the end of the year and many more times in the future.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Just arrived back from a 1 nights stay at the clontarf hotel, the only criticism I have is that my partner could not get more time off work so we could stay another night. We stayed in the premier supreme room which was just luxurious it was finished to a very high standard including the bathroom and the views of the orme and sea was just beautiful. We had an evening drink in the lovely garden as the weather was fab and chatted to the owner mark who was just delightful. We awoke to a very beautiful breakfast which might I add was at a very high standard,might I just add that reading reviews as where to stay is very important and I came across a recent review which I found quite critical of the room and bathroom this person must be from another planet because I could not find one fault and I'd also like to add that the owners of this hotel must put a lot of hard work and effort to please the public only to read something so negative. We will definitely be going back to this beautiful hotel. Claire&mark

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed at the Clontarf for four nights at the beginning of July. Have previously stayed there with family but this time it was just me and the dog (with a few family visitors) in the Metropolitan room: spacious with some luxury touches, really comfortable bed, with the West Shore on the doorstep for morning dog walks, a lovely view of the Orme in one direction and interesting town walks in the other. Joni and Mark made me (and the dog) feel really welcome and even when busy manage to find the time to talk to you. Great breakfasts, too, with plenty of choice. This is a lovely place to stay and there will definitely be a third visit ...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jane763
liverpool
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we arrived we just knew we had made the right choice,Joni was so friendly and relaxed we felt at home immediately. We had a smaller room (teal room) which fitted the bill for us as we were there for just one night, room was nicely furnished and very cosy. Breakfast excellent and served freshly cooked by a lovely lady who was very attentive and friendly. Just look at all the positive reviews this hotel receives and the amount of returning guests and unless you are overly fussy I am sure you will enjoy your stay here. Thankyou to all at the Clontarf. Regards Frank & Lynn (Liverpool couple) .

• Stayed July 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at the Clontarf from 08th July to the 12th July. The hotel was one of the best we have stayed in. We took our pet dog Benjy with us and he was made to feel very welcome. The bedroom was spotless and the decor was really great and very chic. We had a power shower in the bathroom and this was a first for us has never tried one before.
The breakfast were to die for and so much choice.
Toni made us feel very welcome and guided us to the best places to eat and places to go with our dog.
We will definitely be going again and already looking at our calendar for next year.
Thankyou Toni for a great and welcoming stay. Hope next time we get to meet Mark.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Metropolitan room. Lovely room and a great power shower. If you like a high bed the...
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Clontarf Hotel in the Premier Royale room on the ground floor. We were greeted on arrival by Joni and offered tea or coffee, this was a nice touch. She then showed us to our room and explained everything to us. Although not a small room, the impression from the photos on the hotel's website is that it is larger than it is. The three seater settee is in such a position that, unfortunately, the television is only in view for one person as the rest of the settee is around a corner. The website does state that the ensuite is compact but we did not expect it to be quite so small - it takes only one step to move from the shower to the wash basin to the toilet, space is so limited that when using the toilet our knees were touching the shower screen, and the only place to put a wash bag is on the top of the cistern. Towels have to be kept on a towel rail in the bedroom, this rail is not heated or big enough for the towels to be opened up to dry completely for use the next morning. The ensuite has a very nice shower with two shower heads and massage jets, unfortunately the water temperature was too hot for comfort on even the lowest setting and it was impossible to have a cool shower (which was desperately needed with the hot weather we had during our stay). Sadly we feel the ensuite lets this room down as the bed is really comfortable and the room is very quiet even though it is near the front door. The hotel itself is in a lovely quiet position near the West Shore, within walking distance of the Great Orme and all Llandudno's amenities. Joni was a lovely friendly and obliging host and makes her guests feel very welcome. There was a good choice of breakfast fayre which was cooked to order. If we are ever back in the area we will definitely stay again.

2 Thank nanni22
Berkshire
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in early July in the Metropolitan room. We were greeted on arrival by Joni, who made us a pot of tea and chatted with us in the lounge while we enjoyed it - Mark was enjoying a few days away at the time of our visit. On going upstairs, she went to great pains to explain the features of the room, in particular the shower, which was as well because I'm not sure I'd have worked it out for myself. The room was spacious and the superking-size bed was very comfortable. My only criticism was that the dark shades over the bedside lights meant that reading in bed was difficult but we got round this by moving one of them on to the shelf above the bed. I mentioned this to Joni as we left and she said she'd try more powerful bulbs, though I was the only guest to have made this comment. Other recent reviews have said all that is necessary about breakfasts, so I'll simply say they were great. There is on-site parking, but there are no restrictions in the streets nearby. Very quiet location - a good 12-minute walk to the centre of town, but very near a sandy beach. Would definitely stay again.