Have just come back from a three night jubilee weekend stay and would like to address some of the (i think) unfair posts...
1. Yes the place could do with an upgrade but if you want 5* luxury go somewhere else & pay for it! This hotel provides a good standard at a bargain rate ...200 quid for 3 nights/4 days inclu full breakfast & 3 course evening meal...?
2. The room
Room 139...a bit dated & how they managed to plumb that toilet in so close to the bath i will never know! Wonderful bay window with fantastic views across the promenade...twin beds comfy, room warm and spacious.
3. The Food
Ok so breakfast is cereals and full english...cant really go wrong with that! Evening meal starters & deserts are quite good but the mains show where the budget is tight. Its not inedible as some posts have suggested but if you were served this in a restaurant you would not go there again. A little bit more immagination is needed perhaps...more pasta dishes, even pizza (thats cheap) and please please please real potatoes not croquettes
4. The staff
5. Bar prices
Average...not cheap but not a rip off.
Yes WaShearings does cater for the older end/retired etc but so what? We are getting there but are not there yet...what would you rather have...lager louts???
7. The Pool
V. Good. Always warm & thank you to the lovely staff who opened it half an hour early so i could get in an early morning swim. PS. The fact that most of the other guests were of a certain age we had it to ourselves most of the time, even started to refer to it as 'our pool'
8. The entertainment
Not really our thing.....
Couldnt be better...hotel car park was full but plenty of spaces on the prom which is only three pound all day. Llandudno is a great little town with loads to do
All in All...could be better, of course it could but what you get for your money is fantastic value...if you want pampering go elsewhere, if you want a friendly little break give the marine a try x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in the imposing Victorian style of the resort’s seafront, this handsome hotel boasts stunning views over the Irish Sea. Not only does it offer comfortable furnishings, friendly service and a swimming pool perfect for active moments, but also an ideal setting in the centre of the promenade, within easy walking distance of the town’s plentiful tourist attractions. Lazy days can be spent on the beach or pier, shopping for souvenirs, visiting the Alice in Wonderland Centre or taking a tram ride up The Great Orme, whilst numerous sporting pursuits are on offer locally. There is limited parking in the guest car park located behind the building but street parking is usually available nearby. For a break away discovering the very essence of North Wales - a region renowned for its beautiful coastline, Celtic heritage and the grandeur of Snowdonia - you could not be better placed than in Llandudno, at the Marine Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, LateRooms and Hotels.com so you can book your Bay Marine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marine Hotel Llandudno
- Bay Marine Hotel Llandudno, Wales