“Cae Mor, Llandudno”
Review of Cae Mor Hotel

Cae Mor Hotel
Ranked #47 of 146 Llandudno B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I had booked into the Shelbourne as usual but due to a booking mix up they asked me to go to their up market sister hotel the cae mor.
I arrived to be shown to my room which was ok, then I decided to eat at the hotel. I had a drink at the bar and then went into the dining room and waited for service, and I waited and I waited. Eventually I went to look for a member of staff, a lady attended me and served me with an average meal.
I went to bed and heard every noise in the next room via the thin walls.
Enoughs enough, never again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Taffyby
CaeMorHotel_30, General Manager at Cae Mor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

The management of the Cae mor and our sister hotel have investigated the review and we have no record of this guest - who used to be a regular at the Shelbourne - being moved to the Cae mor hotel in November 2012 as stated.
The last record we have of the guest staying with us is January 2011, we have emailed the customer directly who as yet has not confirmed/proven their stay in November 2012 as stated.
Since the customer stayed with us nearly 3 years ago we have made significant changes to our menus and kitchen team and whilst we admit mistakes and issues do happen this incredibly old review is not indicative of our service today.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

this is your typical seaside hotel, average hotel for a hefty price tag. Staff are friendly and welcoming. Room as clean but can hear everything going on in the other rooms..Would I return...maybe but not at the full asking price

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us, i'm pleased to see that over all you enjoyed your stay and you found the staff to be welcoming and friendly.

Concerning your comment about not being worth the money and the hotel being your typical seaside hotel these are your personal opinions and i'm sorry you felt that way as we strive to offer the best possible service for a full service hotel.

I do hope that your feelings concering your stay will not prevent you from returning again.

Regards

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Room was booked and confirmed through hotels.com but no room was reserved for me! Not the hotels fault and they found me a room and charged £17 less than hotels.com.

The too was fine, as was the shower room and the bed was comfy.

The walls are a little thin and I'm a light sleeper, the snoring from the next room kept me awake and I expect that when I did fall asleep they were awake, as I could snore for England.

The staff are very friendly and polite.

Breakfast was disappointing, the sausage was undercooked and they bacon not cooked as much as I like but the poached egg was terrible! I can't believe it got out of the kitchen. The yolk and the white were no longer together and the white wa watery and tasteless. The yolk was soft but also tasteless, they state that the eggs are organic, if that's the case give me the supermarket value eggs any day!

I could have complained about the breakfast and had it replaced but I had to be somewhere.

All in all I would be happy to go back and I'd let them know how I like my eggs bacon and sausage cooked whe I ordered breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have mixed reviews over this hotel, and by paying £115 for a luxury room. I was not really satisfied.

Good
Center location overlooking the sea, Walking distance to the busy town center with lots of cafes, restaurants, shops, and you can take a stroll to the pier, and also to the cable car station which can reach up to Great Orme.;
Private carpark adjacent to the hotel, with plenty of spaces;
Friendly and cheerful staff being at the reception counter or at the breakfast room;
Nice touches, like kettle, instant coffee, tea, milk;
Clean and comfortable bed and duvet;

Bad
The toilet cover and surface were not wiped or cleaned properly. This had put me off;
Toilet flush not working well. Once you flush the first time, you need to wait pretty long for the water to fill up for the next flush;
The bathtub drain must have clogged, thus the water drained very slowly and the bathtub was soon filled up with water;
Had scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast, but it was cooked too dry, and tasteless;
The walk in wardrobe was old dated with torn off wall paper.

I saw a lot of good reviews on this hotel, so I guess I was just the unlucky one on that particular day. Hopefully the management will fix the issues so as the next guests will enjoy their stays, afterall this is really a pleasant hotel with fantastic location

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HEinUK
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Family room ws awesome - two separate rooms with interconnecting corridor. Nice touches like bottles of water and biscuits in rooms. Sea view (if you crane your neck). Very comfy. Plenty of car parking.

It is a fair walk to the Pier though, so if you plan to leave the car and walk, bear that in mind! We had lovely weather and enjoyed the walk!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I found the staff at Cae Mor to be very friendly and helpful. We arrived early with 2 grandchildren and the dog. We asked if we could park up and were told of course(parking in llandudno is a night mare). Although we had to wait 15 mins for our room to be ready,we were kept informed. The room was basic but it had 2 separate bedroom both en suite which was very good. The stay was very pleasant the only small improvement would be a children's menu on the early bird. As we were B&B it was quite expensive and the kids wasted a lot. Although Georgie (grandson) did say to our lovely breakfast waitress Thank you that was most enjoyable!!!and it was.

Room Tip: Room 3 family room with separate en suite bedrooms
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I wasn't expecting much but started getting impressed from the moment I arrived to find quite a sizeable car park, very helpful in Llandudno. The staff experience commenced with check in, very relaxed but efficient and a very pleasant gentleman on the desk. This set the standard and was matched by all the staff I met. All of them extremely helpful and giving the impression they couldn't do enough for you. Breakfast was freshly cooked to order. The porridge wasn't to my liking but I suspect that's a matter of personal taste as there was actually nothing wrong with it. The bed was huge and the bath towel large and chunky, one of the best I've used in a hotel. When I arrived the room was cool, despite the warm weather, which suited me as I normally find hotel rooms too hot and as a bonus the bedroom window opened.

2  Thank TheFeb