“Arrogant and unhelpful staff” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Osborne House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Llandudno
Osborne House
Ranked #24 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Britain
“Arrogant and unhelpful staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2009

Being local, we have often called into Osborne House for lunch, but will not be doing so again in a hurry as we were made to feel less than welcome on our last visit.
It was pouring with rain; there were no parking spaces outside the hotel ,but we managed to find a space in one of the streets behind the hotel. I hasten to add that we did not park in the limited spaces allocated for residents at the back of Osborne House .However, we were opposite the residents entrance, so we walked in that way, through the conservatory, only to be told in no uncertain terms by a very officious young lady that we should not have entered the hotel that way. We explained that we had parked at the back , only to be further reprimanded as she assumed that we had parked in the residents' parking spaces. By this time we were beginning to regret that we had bothered to give them our custom.
We had come specifically for the 'local' plaice , only to find that it was 'unavailable', so we had to settle for a toasted sandwich, which proved to be totally uninspiring and over priced.
Osborne House staff need to remember that local people sustain the business throughout the winter months when the tourists have all departed. Their staff need to remember that they are employed to serve and encourage more custom rather than alienate local people who provide them with business for 12 months of the year.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank residencia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Bolton, Lancs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

This was our first visit to Osborne House, we have been happily staying at the sister hotel The Empire for many years, however having the opportunity to "get away" without our teenage boys, we decided to give Osborne House a try. We had been in for coffee previously and were very impressed, but having stayed there we are now even more impressed!

From the moment we walked in we were made to feel very welcome by friendly and attentive staff, as we were a little early for check-in we had lunch (which was delicious!), by the time we had finished lunch our room was ready - and wow what a room! beautifully decorated/furnished with every little detail addressed, plus a wonderful view over the bay from our window - we couldn't ask for more.

Continental breakfast was served in our room, which if being really picky hubby would have prefered a full breakfast, however the option was there to go The Empire for this if he really wanted to, but then you weigh up being able to sit in your window eating breakfast in your robe watching the world go by - not a difficult choice really! We ate in the bistro during our 3 night stay, again food excellent, service friendly, attentive but not intrusive.

All in all a wonderful break and we will be visiting again - hopefully soon!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Janso0204
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2009

You cannot be disappointed with this hotel. Rooms fantastic. However i do agree about the staff being slightly snooty. They where very nice to us but where rude to a older couple sat in the window having coffee. The couple in question where dressed casually and had shopping bags with them and the staff seemed to turn there noses up about this. Shame they didn’t recognise them like i did as that old couple where actually Lord and Lady Stafford! whoops! Don't judge a book by it's cover!!
Hope the owners read this as they have obviously invested a lot of time and money into creating this lovely hotel but please don't let stuck up staff ruin what you have created.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank millysmum
North Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

24 of us attended a business lunch. The decor and setting was wonderful, and the staff were more than helpful, serving us with friendly smiles. Despite being a local, I have never been here before, and have to say I will definitely go again - taking friends and family for dinners and lunches. I cannot recommend their hospitality enough - and who knows, local or not, I may well get to stay there sometime too! Particularly recommend their side dish of garlic-crished peas!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Cheekybitz
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2009

We have just returned home after our fifth stay at Osborne House. As you will probably gather, we absolutely love the place! We cannot recommend this fantastic hotel highly enough with it's luxurious, romantic suites furnished with antiques, the beautiful restaurant serving the most delicious food and the elegant lounge/bar area. All this is topped off by the friendliest and most helpful staff you could wish for. Nothing is too much trouble and you are made to feel really special during your stay.
The pictures in the brochures certainly do not do the hotel justice!

We are now looking forward to October and our next few nights stay at Osborne House.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank cheshirejules11
Shropshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2009

I can't reccommend this place highly enough. We had dinner here both nights of our weekend stay and next time will definately be getting a room and staying here as well. The food and service was fantastic and brilliant value. I felt like royalty. I've already made my husband promise to take me to Osbourne House for our wedding anniversary.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ShropshireHelly
Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2009

I arranged 1 nights stay (£145 internet booking) on 2nd floor (Katie suite) for my boyfriend and me to enjoy a little luxury and style. The staff were very pleasant and helpful (don't know what happened to some reviewers?) the reception area was beyond my expectation. I adore old fashioned Victorian splendour and The Osborne is the ultimate dream of period style,antiques impeccable attention to detail, drapes to die for and every aspect of your enjoyment has been catered for. We had a parking bay reserved at the back of the hotel and was shown to our room. WOW! I was knocked out. My gorgeous French boyfried Richard said it was like our own flat and it was. The sitting room with sea view was just like walking into a period drama; look right to the bedroom, jaw dropping! The bed was huge with 2 tier mahagony steps to assist your ascent to an all white clean soft mallow like bed..."meet your loved one on cloud 9". The suite was the best I have ever stayed in and we are discerning customers. The bathroom with slipper bath and huge separate shower was again first class. We just melted into the romance and mood of the room. We had lunch in the airy surroundings of the bar area with again an amazing crystal oversized chandalier and black crushed velvel drapes with gold embellished detail, I was in heavan!. Excellent food, bread to start (restaurants don't always to this nowdays?) plates were red hot which I like and service excellent. The manager was a lovely lady but I was so overtaken by my senses that I didnt ask her name. This is remiss of me as she was the Osbornes greatest asset; great personality, welcoming and professional, I couldn't fault her and her knowledge of Osborne House's history and refurbishment details was very impressive. We had dinner there too. Richard spoke to the chef in passing and was treated to additional scallops with his lobster which was a nice gesture. My fillet was excellent too.
After staying in some of GB's finest hotels I have to say this is the first time I really did not want to leave. I wanted to snuggle on the sofa watching TV,drinking champagne, looking at the bay view of Llandudno with the Great Orme as a back drop. We also enjoyed a swim and sauna in the sister Empire hotel which was an added bonus.
If you want Victorian romance, good views and seriously good service...book now you will not be disappointed. Enjoy.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple