“Elegant Luxury!”
Review of Osborne House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Llandudno
Osborne House
Ranked #24 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Cheshire
“Elegant Luxury!”
Reviewed June 7, 2009

We have just returned home after our fifth stay at Osborne House. As you will probably gather, we absolutely love the place! We cannot recommend this fantastic hotel highly enough with it's luxurious, romantic suites furnished with antiques, the beautiful restaurant serving the most delicious food and the elegant lounge/bar area. All this is topped off by the friendliest and most helpful staff you could wish for. Nothing is too much trouble and you are made to feel really special during your stay.
The pictures in the brochures certainly do not do the hotel justice!

We are now looking forward to October and our next few nights stay at Osborne House.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank cheshirejules11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Shropshire
Reviewed May 10, 2009

I can't reccommend this place highly enough. We had dinner here both nights of our weekend stay and next time will definately be getting a room and staying here as well. The food and service was fantastic and brilliant value. I felt like royalty. I've already made my husband promise to take me to Osbourne House for our wedding anniversary.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ShropshireHelly
Liverpool
Reviewed April 21, 2009

I arranged 1 nights stay (£145 internet booking) on 2nd floor (Katie suite) for my boyfriend and me to enjoy a little luxury and style. The staff were very pleasant and helpful (don't know what happened to some reviewers?) the reception area was beyond my expectation. I adore old fashioned Victorian splendour and The Osborne is the ultimate dream of period style,antiques impeccable attention to detail, drapes to die for and every aspect of your enjoyment has been catered for. We had a parking bay reserved at the back of the hotel and was shown to our room. WOW! I was knocked out. My gorgeous French boyfried Richard said it was like our own flat and it was. The sitting room with sea view was just like walking into a period drama; look right to the bedroom, jaw dropping! The bed was huge with 2 tier mahagony steps to assist your ascent to an all white clean soft mallow like bed..."meet your loved one on cloud 9". The suite was the best I have ever stayed in and we are discerning customers. The bathroom with slipper bath and huge separate shower was again first class. We just melted into the romance and mood of the room. We had lunch in the airy surroundings of the bar area with again an amazing crystal oversized chandalier and black crushed velvel drapes with gold embellished detail, I was in heavan!. Excellent food, bread to start (restaurants don't always to this nowdays?) plates were red hot which I like and service excellent. The manager was a lovely lady but I was so overtaken by my senses that I didnt ask her name. This is remiss of me as she was the Osbornes greatest asset; great personality, welcoming and professional, I couldn't fault her and her knowledge of Osborne House's history and refurbishment details was very impressive. We had dinner there too. Richard spoke to the chef in passing and was treated to additional scallops with his lobster which was a nice gesture. My fillet was excellent too.
After staying in some of GB's finest hotels I have to say this is the first time I really did not want to leave. I wanted to snuggle on the sofa watching TV,drinking champagne, looking at the bay view of Llandudno with the Great Orme as a back drop. We also enjoyed a swim and sauna in the sister Empire hotel which was an added bonus.
If you want Victorian romance, good views and seriously good service...book now you will not be disappointed. Enjoy.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ReedRichReview
South West England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2009

We recently stayed here for one night for our aniversary. The suite are beautiful nothing has been forgotten very romantic with the fire. Also the bed you have to go up to on steps you feel like princess in the pea. When we arrived the bar man snubbed my husband probaly because he has jeans and trainers on we had just travelled. Also the maids are supposed to turn down your room between 6.30 and 7.30 so me and my husband vacated the room to the rip off bar only to return to find it was not done.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Stockport
Reviewed February 8, 2009

We have just returned from a 2 day stay at the Osborne and will certainly be back there again soon.
We agree with all the favourable comments made by previous reviewers but take issue with indications of unfriendly staff. Our experience was completely the opposite. From the moment we arrived we were made extremely welcome and this carried on into the bar and restaurant. Everybody was friendly, helpful and attentive.
Our suite on the top floor was fabulous and it is great to be able have a reserved parking space at the rear of the hotel with additional access to our room from there. During our stay we asked if it would be possible to view one of the lower suites and having been shown one on the first floor we both said extra wow.
Next time we will be checking its availability.
We enjoyed our first dinner so much that we ate in on both nights.
This is the place for that special occasion.

MikeP

• Liked — High quality comfort.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank MikePStockport
Cardiff
Reviewed October 11, 2008

A few weeks ago we had lovely dinner in Osborne House. This is beautiful place.We had lovely meal and lovely service.Food is exellent, staff very friendly and nice. We hope dining with you again.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank mike1Cardiff
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2008

Over the past 5 years we have been regular visitors to the restaurant and bar in Osborne House and have always enjoyed the unique combination relaxed atmosphere and magnificent surroundings. Osborne's is beautifully restored and a pleasure to visit. However during our more recent visits we have found the usual friendly and welcoming hostess is nowhere to be seen and the restaurant and bar seem to be in the sole charge of a pair of surly Polish (?) staff. The inviting atmosphere and friendly service now seems sadly lacking and has definately taken the shine off our favorite place in Llandudno. If the owners are reading this, please get some nice friendly staff and save Osborne House for those of us who love it.

• Liked — Decor and surroundings
  • Disliked — Unwelcoming and negative attitude of staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple