“Weekend stay for my 60th birthday.”
Review of Osborne House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Llandudno
Osborne House
Ranked #24 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Flintshire
“Weekend stay for my 60th birthday.”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Had a 3 night stay at this hotel and we were not disappointed .The very large room was nicely decorated with a beautiful view over the bay. We had two evening meals in Osborne House and one in the sister hotel The Empire we enjoyed them all. This was our second visit to the Osborne house and we have had many visits to The Empire Hotel and they never disappoint.Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 59jandh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Northwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This was a very disappointing experience. I made a point of pre-booking and explained that it was my mother's 90th birthday so wanted a nice table etc. When we arrived it was obvious that the restaurant staff knew nothing about it. We were plonked at a table in the middle of the room and had to ask to be moved. When my husband went to the toilet, the chef came in and left without washing his hands. When it was pointed out we were told there were washing facilities in the kitchen. My husband ordered lamb shank which was really tough. Everything was heaped up in a bowl (including dauphinoise potatoes which he had said he didn't want. The said they couldn't replace them with something else,so he had to have a side bowl of chips. My risotto was the worst I have tasted - like glue. My mother's new potatoes were swimming in a bowl of melted butter -again a side dish, as there were no vegetables with her fish. The staff were doing their job and that was all. I thought they could at least have wished my mother a happy birthday! The décor of the hotel was lovely but spoilt by the lack of detail to the little things which make customers feel special and also quite frankly to the poor quality of the meal. We had planned a special day, driven for two hours to get there and wish we hadn't bothered!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank jenpaul2014
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We just want to echo the recent five star reviews about Osborne House. We are just back home from a three night stay which was a wonderful experience in unique surroundings. Couldn't praise the Staff or the quality of food and wine highly enough. Go there and find out for yourself.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LT170611
Wales
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My wife and I have been eating at this restaurant for years and it has been one of our favourite. Unfortunately, the quality of the food has declined. On Saturday, we had lunch and we had excellent service from Joe (who is the soul of the place) and the other waiters.

However, the food was terrible; we had fishcakes with a sort of "texmex" sauce which was very spice and unpalatable. The fishcakes were not cooked properly and were mainly made of potatoes and cheese probably. I understand that they have a chef from Texas who probably needs more training. We had a similar bad experience the previous time.

I was going to request a refund but my wife said that we would have to go back to eat if we got any money back. So there, we will not be going back, which is a shame because we love the place.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank FandangoEspanol
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have recently had dinner with friends at Osborne House, and would certainly suggest to anyone
visiting the area to book a table..Staff were more than helpful and went out of their way to explain the menu in full. My choice for main course was the very fresh Conwy mussels... not for someone who has a small appetite!! Very tasty. Friends equally a good choice one ordering salmon the other ordering a beef dish...Both agreed the food was exceptional....

Will certainly return when I visit again

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Cowplain
Reviewed May 27, 2014

In the past we've has decent food & service, but on our last visit the food wasn't up to the Osborne's usual standard, and the service was alright. We went to Osborne House for lunch & for a lunchtime the place WAS busy, but I felt that the little things that have been there in the past was missing this time.
As the majority of the table were drinking some form of alcohol & one of the senior members of the party asked for a couple of jugs of water to be left on the table, to be told that they don't leave jugs of water on the table & that staff would fill the glasses as required - the only time this happened was when we found a member of staff & asked for a top-up.
The standard & quality of food had definitely gone down, there seemed to be very little care with the presentation of the food, the various meats according to party members was overcooked, even the Yorkshire puddings were different, one person had soft ones whilst another had crispy ones. The beef was overcooked whereas in the past it has been cooked beautifully, even the salmon - that too was overcooked as it wasn't soft in the middle & the outside showed signs of being kept too long under the warming lights. The menu said that there was vegetables with one of the meats, but when the main arrived there was NO vegetables so we had to ask for some.
We even had to ask for teaspoons for the very young children in the party for their ice-creams as they were given large dessert spoons!!!!!
I would be very dubious in going to Osborne House in the future.
Finally although it is possible to have a set 3 course menu, there is NO discount for a TWO [2] course menu - you pay the same, my suggestion - HAVE A 3 COURSE MEAL & GET VALUE FOR MONEY.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank BillsDouble
Shotton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Came here for an evening meal after a recommendation from the hosts at Lawton Court. The food was lovely and I would definitely recommend the Chicken Risotto. The lamb shank was also lovely too. The staff are all so friendly and polite and make you feel special. The décor was grand. Will eat there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple