“A unique experience with exceptional service”
Review of Osborne House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Llandudno
Osborne House
Ranked #25 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last week over our anniversary. The spacious suites are expensive but well worth it. It is independently owned which is probably why they take so much care. The building is Victorian and has been lovingly restored by them with authenticity and style. We stayed in the 1st floor king suite and were not disappointed. The sea view was fabulous and we opted for the continental breakfast in our room on most days, as it felt luxurious to sit and take breakfast looking out on that stunning view which overlooked the bay.
The beds were soft and large enough to suit anyone staying and we also had a comforable sofa to complete the experience. The staff are very polite and helpful, and the rooms clean.
The only ' downside ' was the food. On our anniversary we booked a table in the restaurant, which appears to be very popular with locals. We opted for the set menu at £20.95 but it didn't match up to the rest of standards within the hotel. I can only describe it as O.K. for the price. I had lamb shank and I expected it to fall off the bone but in reality it was tough.
Also we went one morning to their sister hotel for a cooked breakfast which also disappointed. The choice was absolutley fine but the Welsh breakfast was lukewarm and had obviously been stood around and served too quickly instead of being freshly cooked to order which we wouldn't consider a 4* service.
So, on the whole, we would highly recommend this wonderful place for a special stay but my advice is to improve the food side of the business to complete the experience.

1  Thank sheila r
There are newer reviews for Osborne House

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed in a first floor suite and ate dinner in the restaurant. I really can't add to the previous fantastic reviews. Location - excellent. Atmosphere - excellent. Service - excellent. Facilities - excellent. Everything here was 100% perfect. It is an absolute 'no brainer' - just go ahead and book it!!! Thanks Osborne House for a PERFECT stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in a first floor suite, and these benefit from a large bay window with a table/chairs in i...
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We booked a Sea view suite on the first floor as a special treat - it was lovely! Great location, really lovely staff. The room was a great size and very comfortable. Having a continental breakfast in the room suited us. Would go back in a heartbeat but will have to save our pennies - luxury, space and location is not cheap!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Lovely restaurant and we have eaten there a couple of times, but this time I felt 'let down'. We had the set menu at £20.50 and for a vegetarian it was not a good choice. Warm bread and a small amount of a balsamic dip between four, a salad starter which was more rocket than anything, a butternut squash rissotto was the only choice for a main for me, I then requested a chocolate pot dessert to be told it contained gelatine which I dont eat as did the trifle leaving me with bread and butter pudding or ice cream. If I return,I will not choose the set menu again as I felt it was too limited for me my meat eating companions enjoyed their meals though,.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We dined here for my fiance's birthday last night. Our first impressions were great, the decor is lovely and there's a romantic atmosphere there.
The food was very nice and reasonably priced for that type of restaurant and we would recommend a visit. However, the service left a lot to be desired which was a real shame because it was the only thing that let our evening down

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My cousin took my husband and I to this hotel for Afternoon Tea. We sat in the window overlooking the wonderful natural bay of Llandudno on a glorious blue sky/sunny afternoon last week. The Tea had been prebooked & we were settled in the bay window. The tea was delicious with a choice of ham or smoked salmon sandwiches, scone with jam & cream, bara brith, bakewell tart & as much tea as you could drink. It was all delicious. We had a look round the restaurant while there & the hotel was charming done in a Victorian style with lots of compy sofas. I would seriously recommend this venue & consider staying overnight in future.

Room Tip: Didn't stay over night so can't comment
2  Thank kopiteChester
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My partner and I ate here last night and found it very enjoyable!
The creamy mushroom starter was to die for and my chicken main was very flavoursome!
The complimentary bread when we arrived was a nice touch. My partners steak was very tasty (of course, I tried it) but she found it to be slightly cold.
Beautiful venue and nice atmosphere.
Only tiny criticism is the fact the food came out very quickly and not much break between courses,we managed to have a 3 course meal in an hour and we wouldv'e like the evening to last longer.
Keep up with the excellent standard of food and flavours.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple