“2 Night stay in Llandudno”

The Hilary Guest House
Ranked #69 of 146 Llandudno B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Very clean and comfortable room. Very friendly hosts. Colin carried our 2 very heavy suitcases up to the top floor and back down again when we left. Best breakfast we had on the entire 2 week trip. Thank you for your hospitality!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Deborah T, Owner at The Hilary Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again at The Hilary

Reviewed April 30, 2013

What fantastic service. After two and a half years since our last visit things have not changed. Deb and Colin are still providing a top notch friendly environment. We'll definitely be back when we next visit N. Wales.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to write it.
Returning guests mean we must be getting it right - thank you

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have stayed at The Hilary Guest House before. It was recommended by friends of ours. On both occasions we have had friendly service from Colin and Deborah. The rooms are really comfortable with nice furnishes and most important of all to us beautifully clean. The food is excellent, beautifully cooked and served with a smile and friendly banter. Nobody could ask for more.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us.
It was good to see you again

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed at The Hilary on the recommendation of a friend and we couldn't have been more pleased with our experience there. We were welcomed and made to feel very comfortable by Colin and Deborah. Our room was spotless and beautifully decorated. In fact the whole place feels like a lot of effort and TLC has been put into making your stay into a very enjoyable experience. Breakfast was freshly cooked and delicious.
Overall, I would have no problem recommending The Hilary to friends and family and fellow trip advisor readers.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Deborah T, Owner at The Hilary Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Thank you for your review - we appreciate you taking the time to do this.
We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again at The Hilary.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

On a recent working trip to Wales, I had booked in at The Hilary Guest House, with my Mum. As a professional entertainer, I am always having to stay in accommodation & am very careful & 'picky' about where I stay ! From the moment I drove into St.Davids Road, I felt it was 'right', lovely quiet street, but a stones throw from Llandudno centre. Colin greeted Mum & me at the door, with a cheery smile & carried all my mountains of luggage & p.a system into the house, in a trice. As soon as I walked into the hall, I was struck, by how clean it was - no highly scented sprays hiding pongs, not a speck of dust anywhere, it just smelt fresh. Deborah came out to greet us, making us feel she had known us forever. We were shown to our room & we were utterly delighted with it, beautiful, immaculate, comfy, everything we needed. A perfect ensuite, two amazingly comfy beds, tea, coffee, biscuits, etc; gorgeous complimentary, hand - made chocolates in a little gold box, sitting on the bed to greet us ! There was even a ' forgotten things to pack' box in the dresing table, which was a Godsend, as I had forgotten my toothbrush ! I have never seen such fluffy, perfectly white towels in accommodation before, usually they look a bit grey, even in big hotels - the shower curtain alone was gorgeous.
We were both full of cold, so we were so relieved to have such a fabulous place to stay, the beds were so comfy & it was all so quiet, marvellous. Our breakfast was delicious, all perfectly cooked by Colin. Colin & Deborahs' two lovely little girls popped out to say Hello & the eldest daughter served us with breakfast one morning, very polite ! Neither Mum nor me, can fault this guesthouse & as I am booked back to work in Wales next year, I will booking to stay there again, if they'll have me !! Thank-you so much Deborah & Colin, we love The Hilary.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Deborah T, Owner at The Hilary Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Thank you for finding the time to write a review about us.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed yourselves.
You will always be welcome here.
Take care

Reviewed April 25, 2013

A great 2 night stay. The room was for two but my partner was unable to come with me. I was made welcome from the start and had no problems being on my own.

I was given a discount for single occupancy which I did not have to ask for; this was a lovely surprise.
The food at breakfast was just the ticket, I have strange requirements and all were met with a smile.

Debbie and Colin were superb hosts and I will book in again when I visit North Wales.

Room Tip: I had room 6 as I wanted a bath..just a personal preference.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review - you weren't 'strange' at all - honest!
We look forward to seeing oyu again

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Ideally situated in a quiet area of Llandudno but only a five minute walk from the shops. We had a nice comfortable room with en-suite which was spotlessly clean. The owners are friendly and helpful. Breakfast was excellent, well cooked and piping hot. We will definitely stay here again.
D&H

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Deborah T, Owner at The Hilary Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review