“Disappointing!”

and 1 more site!
Tilstone Guest House
Ranked #80 of 145 Llandudno B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Having stayed at Tilstone before this trip was a disappointment. Our room was large but cold. The bathroom was very child and the shower was warm but needed to be hot. The owner told us that she was happy to just break even and unfortunately that was how the hotel felt. Very sad as I would have recommended it on our last stay but not now.

• Stayed: February 2013
Lynne J, Owner at Tilstone Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us this time!
I would have hoped that seeing this was your third visit here you would have been able to tell me that there was a problem with the room & en suite being cold.
I therefore may then have been able to do something about it.
But you decided not to.
As regards to your comment about breaking even. This has totally been used out of context to a conversation we were having.
I am sorry you feel this way and hope you may return another day.

There are newer reviews for Tilstone Guest House

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We spent 3 nights in this guest house and we have nothing to complain about. Very good location, very clean beautiful and spacious room. Breakfast was very well cooked.
The highlight of this guest house was Lynn and Steven's hosting skills. We asked about nice places around Llandudno to visit and Steven was brilliant suggesting a route to us, drawing a map and pointing a few places worth visiting. We had a wonderful day out!
We also had a good laugh with them! Thanks Lynn and Steve for the pleasant stay!
Ana & Leo

• Stayed: December 2012
Lynne J, Owner at Tilstone Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you for your review. You were a lovely couple and it was our pleasure to look after you. We hope 2013 brings you what you are wishing for and hope to see you again one day.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed in llandudno over the christmas period dec 24 - 27th
on arrival i was picked up from the railway station by the proprietor, which i thought was a very kind and nice touch. Steve and Lyn both made me feel very comfortable during my stay they are both a very warm and friendly couple who made me feel very welcome and gave me lots of information on the local area. The hotel itself was of a high standard and spotlessly clean and tidy. I was staying in a single room and regard it as one of the best that i have stayed in. It was very quiet at night and i got a sound nights sleep, which is unusual for me!
the breakfast was of excellent quality and plenty of it for a greedy person such as myself!.
Personally speaking i really can't find fault with the hotel or the owners and can only heartily recommend to anyone to come here wether as a single traveller or family, you will not be dissapointed, the only dissapointing thing was having to go home1

thank you steve and lyn for a wonderful break!

Room Tip: I am more than sure that there's no problem here which every room you will receive. the whole h...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank blabheinn69

Thank you for your lovely review. It was our pleasure to have you stopping with us and hope 2013 brings you the things you strive for! Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in Llandudno for 3 weeks as I was on a business trip. I spent 12 nights (Monday to Friday) in the Tilstone. The owners, Steve and Lynne are great- very friendly, always willing to help with anything you need. Definitely the nicest and kindest hosts I've ever met!

The house has a great location and is a really lovely place. I stayed in 3 different rooms, all of them were nicely decorated, comfortable and very clean. The hostess definitely keeps the house spotless. The rooms are cleaned every day so it was nice to come back from work every night and find your room so tidy and welcoming!
Because I had to leave for work at 7 am every morning, I only got to try the breakfast once on my final morning. This just showed me what I had missed since the food was lovely!

I highly recommend the Tilstone. I am hoping to return to Llandudno and stay at the Tilstone again one day. I hope the next time will be holiday, not work:)

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for your very lovely review. You were the perfect guest and hope you will return for a holiday next time.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights, and had a really good time. The location is great, not the closest to the centre of Llandudno, but there is great food available very close by (Mamma Rosa's Italian was great value for money). There is plenty of parking close by, not offroad but the streets are busy enough that you feel safe leaving your car there.
The owners are very friendly, and are always willing to help, the personal touch made the experience staying there that much better. Highly recommend the breakfast option, even if it means starting your day a little later than you might want.
The room was very comfortable, the ensuite was a little smaller than expected but that doesn't detract from comfort.

Room Tip: Try to get a sea-view room, the view in the morning is worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lynne J, Owner at Tilstone Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you so much for your lovely review. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Good hostel. We had the large twin room. Typical Victorian building, but it was a good size. Nice view. We recommend paying the extra £10 per night for the larger rooms, the others would be very small. Impressed with the flowers on the outside. Kept impeccable by our hosts.

Room. Clean, well aired - nicely decorated. No complaints there. Kept spotless by the hostess throughout our stay. En-suite was small, but it had everything in it. However we were slightly worried by the wiring in our room - it did not appear safe with wires coming out of the wall.

I was much appreciative of the free WIFI - big plus for a techy like me. Good selection of books for Mum downstairs.

Breakfast was good, plenty of it. We can recommend the poached eggs. You did have to order it the night before, but that was no problem for us.

Seen some complaints about parking - it does depends on when you arrive. Sunday afternoon the roads were clean as a whistle, but Monday rush-hour you can't find a spot for a couple of streets in either direction.

Only complaint from us - we arrived to find our hostess asleep, and apparently very annoyed at being woken up by guests arriving. Not the best first impression! Our entire stay felt a bit flat and dismissive, like we were just another set of guests and taken for granted. Seen other reviewers say 'nothing is too much trouble for the owners' - not the impression we received. A shame, because based on other reviews, that doesn't appear to be the usual.

Overall, great little place in a (mostly) quiet location. Good, could be made outstanding with a few more touches. Thank you for a superb holiday Llandudno :)

Room Tip: Large rooms are less pokey - paying extra is worth it here. However, huge windows and busy road outs...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ravenesque
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed her in June during Jubilee week to go hiking in north Wales. The location is great, the room and bed was comfortable, the breakfast was enormous, and the price is very reasonable. The hosts were very friendly and eager to ensure all guests felt "at home". I would definitely stay again on my next trip to Wales as the Tilstone is a wonderul value. Reg K.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo