The Grand Ash
$362
$337
Agoda.com
$199
The Broadway Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
$117
$98
Toprooms.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsclean sheets and towelsbudget hotelquiet at nightwould stay againset us up for the daycentral locationcomfy bedcooked breakfastormepromenade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 17, 2013

the location is excellent,hotel food and service good but the the hotel itself is in very bad need of a makeover.3 as soon as possible.the hotel itself is avery large and nice building but all the rooms and fittings are in dire need of updating.we changed rooms but the second one was no better than the first. first room was a box room at the back of the hotel second was at front more space but décor no better.the shower units in both rooms were disgusting . the OTEL IS A VERY LARGE AND NICE BUILDING BUT ALL THE ROOMS AND FITTINGS ARE IN DIRE NEED OF UPDATING. WE CHANGED ROOM BUT THE SECOND ONE WAS NO BETTER THAN THE FIRST. FIRST ROOM WAS LIKE A BOX AT THE BACK OF HOTEL,SECOND WAS AT FRONT LARGER BUT STILL NEEDED PAPER AND PAINTING SHOWERS IN BOTH ROOMS DISCUSTING.NO AIR CON AT ALL.

Room Tip: no comment.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank michael y
Gemma A, Manager at The Grand Ash, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, following your recent stay with us.

I really was very sorry to read your comments and to learn that you did not find the Grand Ash to be to your liking. We agree that there are some areas and rooms which need upgrading within the hotel and this forms part of a rolling maintenance programme. Your comments have been noted and a review of whether any more immediate improvements can be made is currently being discussed.

We pride ourselves on the level of service provided and I was pleased to see that your comments are reflective of this.

Thank you once again for your comments, please be assured that these have been taken on board.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Reading various negative reviews, I just do not think it is fair. A budget Hotel, yes, dated, yes, but the staff and the quality of food more than compensate for this. The old adage you get for you pay for, well at the Grand Ash I honestly believe you get more than you pay for. I again say honestly I have stayed in much better rated hotels and the food was not on a patch of the Ash.
Rooms small but clean, bedding clean.Coffee tea etc, might be handy if they build a swimming pool, but you cannot have everything.!!!
All in all have no problems in recommending this hotel for an excellent break.
Any Hotel will only work if the staff are interested in what they do, they are!! well done.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank tonemar

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read your positive comments and have passed these on to Rob and his team who will be pleased to read them.

We believe that we offer value for money compared with other hotels in Llandudno and were pleased to see that you found this to be the case. We agree that there are some areas and rooms which need upgrading within the hotel and we have an ongoing maintenance programme for this, however we pride ourselves on the level of service provided, which does help us to overcome this and your comments are certainly reflective of this.

Thank you once again for your comments and we do hope that you will be able to stay with us again at some point in the future.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our first impressions were good, when booking we asked to see a room and the one we were shown had ample space and nice decor, however the one we were allocated was on the third floor so a much smaller room with a limited view. The bathroom especially could do with an overhaul but it was clean and useable. The communal areas seemed more recently decorated and the bar area is lovely to sit in with large windows.Breakfast was nice, seved quickly and importantly to us, our children were well catered for. Would definately return.

Room Tip: our room on the top floor was really muggy so id advise in hot weather to ask for a lower level room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank wayne b
Gemma A, Manager at The Grand Ash, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your constructive feedback, following your recent stay with us.

We know there are some areas and rooms which need upgrading within the hotel, however we pride ourselves on the level of service provided, which does help us to overcome this and your comments are certainly reflective of this.

We certainly hope you will be back to stay with us again at some point in the future.

With Kind Regards.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The rooms are tiny and the TVs have 6 channels. If you want to ruin a trip to Llandudno this is where to go. I guess the service is ok but wot they're serving is the worst the food is homemade and watery.trust me you don't want to go. It's a ripoff you don't get wot you paid for. Even if they lowered the price to £10 I still wouldn't go they'd have to pay me.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Foodieboyz

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us recently.

I was very sorry to read your comments which have been taken on board and investigated with the Management Team at the hotel.

We agree that there are some areas and rooms which need upgrading within the hotel, however we pride ourselves on the level of service provided, I am sorry that you did not find this to be the case on this occasion.

Once again thank you for your comments and please be assured that I have taken them on board.

With Kind Regards.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I went with a coach tour party and stayed several nights. The double room was very basic and small with only one chair for two people but the breakfast and evening meal was excellent and better choice than at a four star hotel I stayed in at another resort. Staff were, without exception, helpful and friendly. With this in mind and a good location it was value for money thus deserving a four star rating. Just a pity that members of staff were inclined to stand just outside the front door smoking thus giving a poor impression of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roy593
Gemma A, Manager at The Grand Ash, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for your constructive feedback, following your recent stay with us.

We know there are some areas and rooms which need upgrading within the hotel, however we pride ourselves on the level of service provided, which does help us to overcome this and I was pleased that your comments are reflective of this.

Both Rob and I agreed that we can make no excuse for the fact that staff members were smoking outside the front of the hotel. This clearly is not acceptable and I must assure you that the staff members involved have been reprimanded. Please accept my sincere and genuine apologies for this.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again at some point in the future.