Loved the location. Great sea views, shops on next street, 10 mins from the pier and 15 mins stroll to The Tram. Nice wide and long prom opposite, and loads of Victorian architecture to admire. We arrived as a group and check-in was incredibly quick. Staff was efficient and helpful.
The ground floor was spacious, airy and had several lounge areas with comfortable seating. There was a small dance floor. But the adjacent bar had an unpleasant odour when coming in from the fresh sea air. The lifts were slow, small and had difficulty coping with the volume, but a little patience eased the frustration. Our room was not refurbished, and the avocado bathroom suite was looking a little tired. The bathroom was tiny, the washbasin was in the bedroom. However, the bed was comfy, the lighting was strong, and the room had a great (side) view of the pier and the Great Orme. The room suffered creaking noise- probably from the room above. And there was plumbing noise. Common in old hotels. Our room was near the lift, so there was noise from unthoughtful guests returning after a night out. The swimming pool was great. There was evening entertainment on two nights, which was OK, and which you could take or leave . There were several dining rooms and the hotel did a remarkable job of feeding all the guests in a short period of time. The waiting staff worked incredibly hard. The food was generally OK, with a choice of starters, mains, and deserts. For breakfast there was a small buffet of cereals, fruit and fruit juice, followed by a full 'Welsh fry-up'.
It was extremely good value for money, and we would return for the location, enjoy the ambiance and friendly staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a Victorian hotel situated in the centre of the promenade. The beach is opposite the hotel and the main shopping street is directly behind and only minutes away from the theatre. We have a very limited spaced free car park within the hotel, the majority of parking is on street on the promenade (£1.50 per day low season £3.00 per day high season (correct at time of posting this message)). Badge holders have free unrestricted parking, except in the coach bays. Please feel free to contact the hotel for any further details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Chatsworth House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chatsworth Hotel Llandudno
- Chatsworth House Hotel Llandudno, Wales