“Treated like friends”

Ranked #29 of 144 Llandudno B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Treated like friends”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We received a text message from Josh on the morning we were arriving on, this helped in case we needed to get in touch directly. The room was welcoming and very clean, Josh also helped us plan our stay and organise a few things while we were there, never had that before, so a top guy in our opinion. We had excellent views, short walk from all the shops and bars. We really did enjoy our stay here and would recommend it. The one thing we did notice compared to other hotels and B nB's was that it was comfortable, warm and homelike.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We booked this as a treat at the end of our time in north Wales as I'd never had the experience of staying in a 5* place before. Our check in was slightly odd - we missed the bell in the residents room and spent a while wandering around the house trying to find someone to check us in. We even found our own room and downed bags before sussing out that we needed to use a call bell to speak to someone. We were greeted by Josh who was lovely and welcoming and just as bemused as us about us checking ourselves in! Our room (3) was amazing, beautifully decorated with a comfortable bed and a huge copper bathtub in the bedroom. I honestly spent half my time at Escape in that bathtub and even got my shower devotee of a boyfriend in it. The bed was incredibly comfortable however we both heard the people in the room above us walking about and flushing the loo so a bit of soundproofing wouldn't go amiss. Breakfast was good, the fruit salad was fresh and the servers lovely however we did have to wait quite a bit to get our toast. I had the veggie breakfast which was great, boyfriend had the meat and wasn't too sure about the bacon, it was very thick, but really enjoyed the sausage. Overall we thought the room was fantastic, the staff lovely and the breakfast good. It was a real treat and we'd happily stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rumandcake
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed at this hotel whilst on a motorbike road trip , from the moment I arrived and Josh came out to me to assist with me luggage to the moment I left it felt like I had been staying with friends . The attention to detail is second to none and the staff cannot do enough for you . It is one of the best breakfasts that I have ever had !!! Myself and my wife visit Llandudno regularly and if staying over we will not be staying elsewhere . An absolute gem and excellent value for money

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Gazzer3381
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I have just returned from one night stay at this hotel and we were both chuffed to bits! We rung the morning before we set off to see if they had any vacancies and were very pleased with what josh, the GM, had to offer us. When we arrived on site the outside looked like it could do with a lick of paint but on the inside, well wow! It's just all so modern and clean and up to date! Josh greeted us on arrival and immediately offered us a drink which was lovely after a long drive, he was such a nice guy he really made us feel welcome. He informed us of all the best places to eat and drink and what directions to go in for what attractions... And then helped us up to our room (room 3) which was amazing with a big bronze bath in the middle of the room!! Really really impressed and happy and have come home feeling refreshed and chilled! The breakfast this morning was also beautiful and the girls there were really helpful! No complaints and wil be telling my friends how great it was!! Thanks so much, nic and Sam :)

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Nicola R
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last year and this year.Five minutes from the front yet far away enough for a quiet night sleep.Parking facilities. high level of cleanliness.Friendly staff.Sam and Josh very friendly and helpful.Breakfasts lovely ( i had salmon and scrambled egg, gorgeous. ) I really can't see what they can do to make it better.... well maybe make it cheaper so i can come more often.you get what you pay for and trust me its worth paying that little extra to come here. We loved room number 3.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank shazDan
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed here with my partner and we found the place to be just adorbale. The attention to detail of the decor and furnishings was to a really high standard. The bedroom we stayed in was well apointed and had a nice little view to appreciate. Breakfast was great and I'd definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DrTelle
Letchworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed here for one night in August and had a really lovely stay. I stay in a lot of hotels for work and for leisure so I was a bit unsure about booking a B&B, but the website looked so lovely we decided to go for it. I must say I wasn't disappointed. We arrived earlier than we had estimated but this wasn't a problem at all. I asked if it was OK just to leave our car and come back later but we were ushered inside and keys and check in were all sorted out. The house itself is incredibly well rennovated having been 5 different flats since the 1960's. There are old pictures of the house around the walls and it's lovely to get a feel of how it would have been as a country house. Sam sat us down in the stunning loung and talked us through the local area and recommended some restaurants before showing us to our room. We had room 9 "the loft" which was lovely, being on two levels. Bathroom was very high end even having a "body drier". After a great night's sleep we went down for breakfast. Freshly cooked good quality food and friendly staff. The breakfast room itself is a delight. We would definitely recommend this B&B. Many of the big hotel chains I use charge much more and don't get it as right as Escape.

Room Tip: We chose room 9 which felt like an apartment, but room 1 looked lovely as well.