“It's not you it's me.....”

Escape Boutique B&B
Ranked #34 of 146 Llandudno B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 6, 2013

You know when you break up a relationship and you go 'it's not you. it's me' and you actually mean it. Well that's how I feel about the Escape B&B. I should like it's friendly welcome, it's cleanliness, it's attention to detail, comfy beds and a lovely breakfast and I do, but there's one massive flaw that gave me the heebie jeebies and would have had me running for the hills after one night.

Imagine turning up to Heston Blumenthal's restaurant and being presented with a dish made of bulls testicles if you will. No matter what the skill had gone into it's preparation, the exquisite attention to detail in the cooking and the flamboyance of the presentation I dunno about you but I'd be going home hungry. That's how I feel about the Escape.

I took a photo of the problem for you to look at. It's the bathroom... or rather the bath nook or cranny or bathbedroom. Not quite sure how you describe this but having a bath in the bedroom albeit on a platform felt wierd. I don't want to see my partner in the bath and quite honestly I think that she'd feel the same about me. Personally I want a shower but this has one of those shower heads on a flexible hose and I was nervous about spraying water all over the decor. Not good.I hated it.

So Breakfast was lovely, well served by lovely cheerful waitresses and the owners were very pleasant but I hated the bathroom and I wanted a shower.

It's a boutique hotel and therefore likely to be quirky. I lik.e quirky. If I went to the Fat Duck I'd want wierd and bizarre...... but I'd still not eat bulls balls. And to be honest no one ever reads the three star ratings anyway but at least you if you're happy with the bathroom in the picture there's no reason why you shouldn't book this.This really is one of those occasions when 'it's not you. it's me' works perfectly

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank fisher39

Reviewed August 1, 2013

This B & B is a real gem, tucked away in the back streets of Llandudno, North Wales and neatly nestled below the Great Orme, this is a truly delightful find. Equipped with everything you could think of needing for your stay, each of the 9 rooms are beautifully designed and truly offer that something different. How exciting to be able to choose which room suits your mood at the time of your booking! We stayed in 'The Loft' which lived up to everything in its description on their website. With a very effective 'fun' body dryer, two TV's, retro swivel chairs and under heating for your bed should you need it. All mod cons for sure and with complimentary 'old skool' sweets too! Josh the manager could not have been more helpful, very informative and enthusiastic, nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast staff were also courteous and efficient and the food served was very good. We travelled 6 hours from our home base and it was worth every minute. Thank you Escape :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Have just arrived home after a fabulous 2 night stay in this beautiful B&B. Lovely room, beautiful finishing touches, fabulous breakfast and amazing staff. We had a lovely view at the front of the hotel and loved the fact that it was only a short walk from the town yet far enough away that there was no disturbance late at night. Josh was an absolute star and made the trip that more enjoyable - we will definitely be back!! Thank you to you Josh and all your staff x

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Arrived later on a Friday evening to a very friendly welcome and a guide to places of interest in the immediate area, things to do places to eat. Not something I thought we needed as we both know the area fairly well, however, it turned out to be a boon. No need for the car for the whole 2 days we were there. The room was excellent, spotlessly clean, lovely fixtures and an excellent bathroom. Breakfast in the morning was exactly what was required, the full English or light and healthy, what more could you ask for. We will be going back.

1  Thank banker69
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

There are grandeur places to stay in Llandudno but none with as much soul.

Staff are all fantastic, rooms are quirky, the breakfast is great!

A great bit of life for the young or young hearted in a... mature holiday town.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank UKSnudge
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for just one night but wished it could have lasted longer. Arrived after a long drive to find lovely Josh had upgraded our room to one with a cracking view and a hovering bed. Really nice interior (and exterior) design. Loved the town, the people, the place. All in all a brilliant trip. Also recommend ZipWorld for adventure-seekers - a 30 min drive to a local quarry with a mile long zipwire for a total adrenaline rush!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor have a brilliant view.
2  Thank Jude A
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed in The Loft, room 9 for 2 nights in July. I would recommend this b&b to anyone, it's beautifully decorated and central to everything in Llandudno. Bed was comfortable, and the body dryer (switched to cold) in the bathroom was fab on a really hot day! The decor of the room was trendy, so many things I wanted to take home!!! Bathroom facilities were great, 2 tv's, cool lighting on stairs, bed had hot/cold fan IN it. A bowl of sweets and Elemis toiletries we left for us. We had breakfast, it was great, full English with tea or coffee, toast or croissant and juices. There's an honesty bar you can access in the downstairs sitting room with drinks, snacks etc, not hugely expensive - it was £1 for a can of lemonade. Not necessarily cheap, but i don't think unreasonable either. The dining room and sitting room are also really nicely decorated too. It is a lovely building.There is free parking in the small car park, but we parked on the road outside and that was fine. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance, the tram that goes up the Great Orme is only a few minutes down the road and the beach is close too. Josh was there to greet us, he was really helpful, gave us some tips on where to go and explained all about the hotel. I will most definitely stay here again, I shall try another room next time as all the rooms are different.

Room Tip: The loft (room 9) has 2 floors, but no bath or view. There are other rooms with views/bath if that...
1  Thank Natalie L