“nice boutique b&b”

Escape Boutique B&B
Ranked #34 of 146 Llandudno B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Just been back from our two nights stay. We liked the building,even though it needed more maintenance. Tyling in the terrace are all coming off,shame as I think they are original of the period. Outside it needs a white paint on the metal facade. We stayed in room 3, the most booked. Room is a gorgeous style, bath very nice and confortable for sharing. Tv very big. Room view impressive(front facing room). Bed very confortable(could do with a new mattress). Chests of drawers had drawers missing(they are getting a bit old) Bathroom with nice big shower. Loo seat not fitted straight. Nice teas selection,buscuits sachet, and two little bottle of waters each day. Bathroom amenities and little soap. Staff very nice. Breakfast is nice with plenty of choice. Bread is not homemade,but I am fussy!.Also it would be nice to have an area to help yourself with cereal,jams,juices etc. Very early the breakfast timing, from 8 til 9. Good dvds selection,shame cant just take the dvd ourselves but had to ask the specific one. Nice to have the honesty bar,help yourself.
In all is rather nice but maybe we were expecting the wow factor. We saw nearly all the other rooms,apart from the loft one, nice new manager showed us as requested. All very original. Some a bit small. Liked the other one with the other bath (blue and pink one) but didnt have a nice view as it is at the back. They all have beautiful new bathrooms with impressive showers. I think they need good maintenance as they have been done to very high standard and impressive decos, but it seems difficult to keep. Parking is for 5 cars and we parked outside the second night,but that was fine, it is a quite residential road. Very close to town, 5 mins walk. We ate in the Ousbourne hotel,food was fab, service average(their rooms look gorgeous but more expensive) . Other little problem is the noise carried throught the building as it is an old building..Thank you to all the staff, we had a very nice stay..

Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in room 3 with the bath all I can say is wow lovely bed,bath,shower and sitting very clean and very helpful staff who booked us into somewhere lovely to eat .
Lovely breakfast in the morning highly recommend that you try and stay here one night.drinks in the honesty bar and plenty of relaxing time also good parking off road

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Madmarcus01
Reviewed September 5, 2012

What a beautiful place to stay. Stunning building and very stylish interior. Sam and Gaenor are to be congratulated for what they have turned this lovely place into. Such a lot if work and thought have gone into it. The wrought iron work and stained glass panels were just beautiful. We had a very warm and friendly welcome before being shown to room 1 .Contemporary Eclectic. It was a gorgeous room. Lovely bathroom, with top class toiletries- Elemis, cannot get better than that. Top class bed linen, including the most comfy pillows and duvet which were spotlessly clean ensuring a wonderful nights sleep.
The delicious breakfast was served in a charming Dining Room . All the staff were friendly, helpful and they SMILED. How nice was that. Just loved staying here, did not want to leave.Thank you Sam and Gaenor and all the staff.

2  Thank smileyfaceme
Reviewed September 3, 2012

it was a return visit for us, we had stayed in room 3 in July 2011 (Contemporary Deco - Hollywood Glamour - amazing roll top copper bath!) and this time room 7 (Calm and Light - Modern Milan), I saw they had a couple of rooms going on Facebook on the Friday night and got a good deal for the following night! The floating bed and lighted canopy thing are brilliant ... and we slept really well! Fascinating shower head with LED lights .... and great size. Everything is very clean, lovely Elemis shower gel/shampoo/soap, great fluffy white towels. All very decadent and boutique. The house is fabulous and always leaves me wanting to go back in time to see how it was in Victorian times! Breakfast was superb, local produce, brilliant service, nothing seems too much trouble for Josh and the team. Parking on site is brilliant (although it is quite tight when it is full!), as Llandudno streets get busy if the weather is nice. It's central enough but slightly tucked away. We ate at Osborne House - very nice, but we prefer Valentino's - both only a few minutes away.

Room Tip: all the rooms are individually designed .... check on their website for what you like! Try and get...
1  Thank JLC1966
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I am currently in the car on my way home from three days at this B&B, and I couldn't wait to write my review on it.

Where to start; well, we arrived around 2:30pm on Wednesday afternoon to an extremely warm welcome. Everything was thoroughly explained, what to do and recommendations on where to eat in the area, which was great because we'd never been to Llandudno before. We were then given our keys and our bags were carried to our room (I give him a lot of credit for that; our bags were heavy!)

We stopped in Room Nine - the loft. I really don't think there's a word to describe just how spectacular that room is. Spread over two floors (what with being the loft after all) it was just beautiful. The dresser had a kettle with teas and coffees and hot chocolate - it even had specialist tea bags - I'm a huge fan of peppermint tea so I was very happy to see it was available - a lot of hotels I've stopped in don't provide this.

The bed was so comfortable. Definitely one of, if not the most comfortable bed
I've stayed in ever. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if the room was front facing - but hey, you can't have everything!

We went for a walk into the town centre - yeah, a walk! It's like, a 3 minute walk. It's wonderful. No need to drive or get a taxi or the bus, you're right there! :)

On the first night we listened to the recommendations we heard and went to Mama Rosa for tea. Needless to say, it was delightful. I won't go into detail because I'll review that when I've finished here!

We got back to the hotel that evening and cuddled up in bed watching telly. Oh before I forget, they have a HUGE selection of DVDs and Blu-Rays if there's nothing on telly you want to watch!

Breakfast on both mornings was beautiful. I had peppermint tea, porridge, toast and a full English! It was wonderful. I'm still full now, three hours later! During the week it's served between 8-9am, so you do have to get up for it, but I promise you it's worth it!

They do have an honesty bar; full of crisps and sweets and pop and alcohol. I didn't actually purchase anything from there but I had a look at the price list and it didn't seem extortionate

Overall, this place is nothing shy of 5* - without the 5* price tag. It's amazing. Wonderful. Spectacular. I can't wait to return. I just need to decide whether to stay in the same room, or try something new! :)

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank ThermalByline
gracewalks, General Manager at Escape Boutique B&B, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Hello

Your review is heart warming and so kind, Im thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that you had an insight into where to eat and what to do.

Room 9 is extremely popular as its very different to any other B and B in town,

So do not hesiste to come back and try all 8 other rooms, looking forward to seeing you again soon

Warm Regards

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Well, what a great place this is - a stunning building, beautifully restored & exquisitely re-designed. My room was luxurious, comfortable and spotlessly clean.
The staff were great - I was particularly impressed by Josh's attentiveness.
Overall, a wonderful experience - thanks.

Room Tip: Room 7 is gorgeous
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank hadleymike

Hello Mike

Im glad we made it a fabulous experience for you,

If your every venturing up North again you know where we are so just give us a call and we shall sort it all for you

Warm Regards

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Escape. Has its own off street parking and the building is very impressive from the outside. Inside its just as impressive and the staff are very welcoming and helpful. The rooms themselves are very well fitted out, each with its own theme and those our group had (6 and 7) were very impressive. Breakfast was comprehensive, with starters and a main English breakfast on offer. The only niggles were that things like toiletries in the rooms weren't topped up when the rooms were cleaned (we ran out of body wash on the second day) and the price is very much at the top end of the scale (though admittedly it was a long weekend).

Room Tip: Rooms 6 and 7 have great views over Llandudno
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Hello

Thank you for your review, very kind words indeed.

I apologise for the lack of Toiletries, they should always be topped up on a service, thank you for letting us know as I will make sure that is now double checked eached day.

Warm Regards and we look forward to welcoming you back soon