“I can't wait to go back!”

Escape Boutique B&B
Ranked #33 of 146 Llandudno B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I am currently in the car on my way home from three days at this B&B, and I couldn't wait to write my review on it.

Where to start; well, we arrived around 2:30pm on Wednesday afternoon to an extremely warm welcome. Everything was thoroughly explained, what to do and recommendations on where to eat in the area, which was great because we'd never been to Llandudno before. We were then given our keys and our bags were carried to our room (I give him a lot of credit for that; our bags were heavy!)

We stopped in Room Nine - the loft. I really don't think there's a word to describe just how spectacular that room is. Spread over two floors (what with being the loft after all) it was just beautiful. The dresser had a kettle with teas and coffees and hot chocolate - it even had specialist tea bags - I'm a huge fan of peppermint tea so I was very happy to see it was available - a lot of hotels I've stopped in don't provide this.

The bed was so comfortable. Definitely one of, if not the most comfortable bed
I've stayed in ever. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if the room was front facing - but hey, you can't have everything!

We went for a walk into the town centre - yeah, a walk! It's like, a 3 minute walk. It's wonderful. No need to drive or get a taxi or the bus, you're right there! :)

On the first night we listened to the recommendations we heard and went to Mama Rosa for tea. Needless to say, it was delightful. I won't go into detail because I'll review that when I've finished here!

We got back to the hotel that evening and cuddled up in bed watching telly. Oh before I forget, they have a HUGE selection of DVDs and Blu-Rays if there's nothing on telly you want to watch!

Breakfast on both mornings was beautiful. I had peppermint tea, porridge, toast and a full English! It was wonderful. I'm still full now, three hours later! During the week it's served between 8-9am, so you do have to get up for it, but I promise you it's worth it!

They do have an honesty bar; full of crisps and sweets and pop and alcohol. I didn't actually purchase anything from there but I had a look at the price list and it didn't seem extortionate

Overall, this place is nothing shy of 5* - without the 5* price tag. It's amazing. Wonderful. Spectacular. I can't wait to return. I just need to decide whether to stay in the same room, or try something new! :)

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank ThermalByline
gracewalks, General Manager at Escape Boutique B&B, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Hello

Your review is heart warming and so kind, Im thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that you had an insight into where to eat and what to do.

Room 9 is extremely popular as its very different to any other B and B in town,

So do not hesiste to come back and try all 8 other rooms, looking forward to seeing you again soon

Warm Regards

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Well, what a great place this is - a stunning building, beautifully restored & exquisitely re-designed. My room was luxurious, comfortable and spotlessly clean.
The staff were great - I was particularly impressed by Josh's attentiveness.
Overall, a wonderful experience - thanks.

Room Tip: Room 7 is gorgeous
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank hadleymike

Hello Mike

Im glad we made it a fabulous experience for you,

If your every venturing up North again you know where we are so just give us a call and we shall sort it all for you

Warm Regards

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Escape. Has its own off street parking and the building is very impressive from the outside. Inside its just as impressive and the staff are very welcoming and helpful. The rooms themselves are very well fitted out, each with its own theme and those our group had (6 and 7) were very impressive. Breakfast was comprehensive, with starters and a main English breakfast on offer. The only niggles were that things like toiletries in the rooms weren't topped up when the rooms were cleaned (we ran out of body wash on the second day) and the price is very much at the top end of the scale (though admittedly it was a long weekend).

Room Tip: Rooms 6 and 7 have great views over Llandudno
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Hello

Thank you for your review, very kind words indeed.

I apologise for the lack of Toiletries, they should always be topped up on a service, thank you for letting us know as I will make sure that is now double checked eached day.

Warm Regards and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife & I stayed for 1 night in retro room & feel that this is the best B & B we've EVER stayed in! All rooms are individually designed. Attention to detail was second to none! Stunning view from room, amazing breakfast, bed was blissfully comfortable, nice powerful shower & Sam was the most perfect & attentive host. Cleanliness was mint man! I could go on but all I shall add is everyone that's planning a trip to Llandudno shouldn't hesitate to book a stay of at least 1 night (if not more) at this amazing B & B! We'll definately be back to this unique & charming property!

1  Thank clydeweaponofpeace

Well what can i say, your review has absolutely blown us away,

Thank you so much for your kind words, we very much look forward to welcoming you back

All the very Best

Regards the Escape Team x

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed at the Escape last weekend (17th to 19th July). We had to check in late as travelling across after work from Yorkshire, Nick the owner was extremely helpful and welcoming. The hotel itself is lovely, a gorgeous Victorian building which has been decorated in a modern style which highlights the original features such as fireplaces and stained glass. The rooms are fabulous, each decorated in a different style. We were a last minute booking so ended up in the retro room which is 1970's style with huge prints and funky furniture, the website and brochure don't do the room justice, its simply fab. The bed is massive and really comfy, its had lots of nice touches like a bowl of retro sweets and the bathroom was really nice. The B&B is spotless throughout and breakfast was first class. This is somewhere for a romantic treat and is worth the money. Makes me want to go back and try out other rooms. Staff were helpful without being obtrusive, and the room so welcoming it was hard for us tired work slaves to leave it and bother to explore the town.

Room Tip: Each room is individually decorated, to a theme such as Hollywood Glamour. Room 4 the 1970's Re...
1  Thank Georgiana S

Hello

Your review has been greatly appreciated, thank you so much

We are always here if you need to 'Escape' from your busy working lives

Look forward to welcoming you back here soon

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 21, 2012

From the moment of arriving to the point of leaving our stay was superb. Sam and his staff were most polite and helpful. Breakfast was lovely and room 8 was our only option (we like a bath not shower) as room 3 was already booked. Were we disappointed --- no!!! We will be back hopefully on a regular basis as it is only a 2 hour drive from our home.

2  Thank gwynfa m

Thank you for your review, we are so happy that you enjoyed room 8.

Room 3 is very popular so make sure that for next time you call us with plenty of notice as you will definately have to experience room 3's beauty.

Once again thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to Escape in the near future.

Warm Regards from the Escape Team.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Have just returned from 2 nights In Llandudno and Escape certainly lived up to its rave reviews that we had seen prior to booking.
Were met on arrival by Sam (The owner) who gave us a real welcome, showed us around - including viewing the other rooms that we hadn't booked and was very knowledgable about the area, local restaurants etc. There was a genuine feeling from the owners and staff of wanting to make guests stay relaxing and memorable and there were also some nice touches like the honesty bar (at very reasonable prices) and old photos of the house with the original owners that took you back to Victorian times.
The full English breakfast was one of the best I have ever had in a UK hotel - made with good quality ingredients and well cooked.

Room Tip: Choose your room from their excellent website where there are descriptions and pictures of each room...
2  Thank Phil H
gracewalks, Manager at Escape Boutique B&B, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

"There was a genuine feeling from the owners and staff of wanting to make guests stay relaxing and memorable and there were also some nice touches like the honesty bar"

Thank you so much for your kind words,

We are thrilled you enjoyed your time here in Llandudno,

When your next in the area call us direct and we shall sort you out,

Happy New Year from all the Escape Team x-x-x