“Good walking, stay away for the summit”
Review of Great Orme

Great Orme
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Great views, pick your own way up and down, but walk if you can. Avoid the tourist trap of the summit complex by taking a picnic

Write a ReviewReviews (5,755)

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Bigger than we expected and the Great Orme has lots for everyone. We enjoyed a walk around it and took a picnic lunch, which we enjoyed overlooking Llandudno bay.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Yesterday I took my wife, daughter, father, and mother-in-law to the great orme summit. Knowing what I had read the night before on a lot of negative reviews I was very apprehensive about calling in the cafe. "Come on" where do people get these reviews from? The cafe was clean, tidy, with very pleasant young staff. The food looked all very good,with our snacks being very acceptable.the table was clean on arrival, and was instantly cleared away once we had finished. The price was no dearer than what you would expect for a top attraction in peak season, what more do people want? I would challenge anyone to attack the enormous chocolate eclair and not get cream on their nose, cheeks, and eyebrows, it's a joy to watch.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Well worth a visit for the views alone which are spectacular. We went up on the Tram and came down on the cable car. There is a shop, cafe and crazy golf and also a very informative visitor centre. Lots of wildlife, particularly good for birdwatchers

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The weather was mixed when we went so did not get the best views but the beauty was still there and the whole atmosphere was magic. Had a look at the old church, the copper mine and went up to the summit. My husband has walking difficulties but able to park at various view points and still enjoy whilst I got out and about. Also great fun watching the tram, if had more time would have had a ride on it, maybe next time. Visitor centre great for kids and an interesting film show on wildlife.
For us the best attraction was the copper mine, went there back in the early 90s and delighted to see how it had developed without losing the sense of exploration. Even with his disability my husband able to make his way around the underground tunnels - being narrow he could hold on! Staff there particularly welcoming.