“5 days at the Trevone...”
Review of Trevone Hotel

Trevone Hotel
Ranked #45 of 59 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Overall this hotel offered good value for money although th owner who worked there as Manager was less than friendly... On arrival he told us he didn't know we were booked in although there was a coach load of us he looked peeved off that we had arrived and said that we would have to wait in the lounge area as there was no staff on site... After an hour of waiting without a drink or anything else offered the staff finally turned up to book us in.. The staff were friendly but the owner was far from it he was very rude to a couple who had learning disabilities they complained that ther shower was broke his answer to this was "All the showers in this hotel are in working order but I will send somebody up to look at it" I was on the same table as the couple who had complained and I couldn't believe what his reply.. I said to the owner they wouldn't have complained if the shower was working I find you very rude with no customer service skills he replied" As I said they are all working but I will send someone to look at it"... His overall attitude to his paying customers was terrible ..... He obviously overheard everyone talking about him as he changed his tune after about 2 days our stay there and was over the top with friendliness it was obviously fake as he went from one extreme to the other. I and many others who stayed there would not go back again due to his downright rudeness and lack of respect towards his paying customers who are by the way keeping him in work ...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Caroline C
WalesTrevone, Owner at Trevone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Obviously my hotel knew about this booking but we did not know that the coach had broken down on the motorway and that they had to call in a replacement vehicle. As the usual proceedure is for the coach company to telephone and let us know the expected time of arrival this call never came.
When the guests arrived several wanted to use the toilet and it was only after this that I could greet our guests and explain the hotel and meal times etc. This took about 12 minute and by the time I had finished all my staff were in attendance. There was never an hours wait.
In relation to the shower the guest in question did not know how to use it and once this was explained they were fine. I do not believe that I was ever unpleasant to these guests
The feedback I received from most passsengers was very positive and several guests wanted brochures to return independently.
The reviewer had been under the impression that the coach company had booked her into a sea facing room and when she arrived to learn that they had booked her into a rear facing room she was most upset and no matter what we offered to her she declined our best intentions.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights, lovely sea view room, clean and fresh, owner Roger made us very welcome and gave good local advice on what to see and do around the area. Rooms are small but were fine, 2 chairs to sit and look out to sea and pier. Room and bathroom were clean and tidy. Breakfast was adequate and well served by the friendly staff. Parking could have been a problem, but if you can get parked on the sea front as we did, very good value, free between 4pm and 10am, then £3 for the day. We where happy with our stay and had a few good chats with Roger, on numerous subjects. We are not pensioners and there was a good mixture of ages during our stay. Would stay again

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
WalesTrevone, Owner at Trevone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for your positive review and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Have you seen the magnificent show - Fawlty Towers - with John Cleese? You can have the very same experience here:)

Altough the owner guy is very kind, and you can see that he's trying to do his best, the hotel is just not good enough for it's prices! Dirty bathrooms, heavy and greasy breakfast with unfriendly waiters, small lift, entrance door which is closed even during the day, old furniture, uncomfortable beds, etc., etc.

One positive thing is the beautiful view from the rooms on the seaside front.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Darvkop

As a 3 star AA approved business with significant positive reviews we point out that our 160 year old Victorian Establishment is much sought after by appreciative guests. Being a listed building we are restricted by what we can change and do not wish to become a plastic modern bubble
As a fan of Failty Towers I cannot see any resemblance to either myself or our staff.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

My partner and myself stayed at this hotel for one night. The manager met us at the door. He explained everything to us i.e. door locks, fire escapes and places of interest. We then went to our room. It was absolutely beautiful! The room was, like the whole hotel, spotless. Tea and coffee provided. In the bathroom a good size shower. The bed was so comfy. Breakfast was well cooked with a range of cereals. My partner had cereal which was brought over to him, he didn't have to serve himself. Fantastic break in a beautiful hotel. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2013
WalesTrevone, Owner at Trevone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Wow, we are so pleased that you shared your comments with us. Thank you very much and we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I booked this hotel based on price and position, opposite the sea. I was only staying overnight. I requested a room with a view if possible and was made aware that this involved an additional cost. I am so glad that I upgraded, since the single rooms were small and at the back of the building. I received an extremely welcome and felt very at ease straight away. The hotel is well positioned for everything and the view overlooking the sea was delightful. Breakfast was lovely and served by extremely friendly staff. I would have liked the bar to have been open and maybe evening meals offered, travelling alone I would have felt more comfortable eating at the hotel. The hotel itself was clean and comfortable, Some of the room was dated, but this did not affect my stay. The proprietor generously stored my luggage whilst I looked around the town prior to catching my train. All in all I had a very pleasant experience here, the sea view was definitely the best feature and the price was very reasonable, Give it a try.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the front, it will definitely be beneficial
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Just returned from an overnight stay at The Trevone. Nice, clean and comfortable hotel. Good breakfast and friendly owner. Would stay there again. If weather had been better, we would have asked for an extra night in the hotel (although there were no vacancies at the time). Good sea views and easy access to everything, including the pier and shops, restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife and I booked this hotel on recommendation from Tripadvisor reviews, which in the main were good. However, I have to say that there were a number of plus and minus points which make this review one of the most difficult I've written to date.
Firstly let me say the proprietor... Roger was very welcoming and helpful so no problems there.
The breakfast, whilst by far not the best we've ever had was adequate, and the staff very good in their service. The position of the Hotel is perfectly placed on the sea front where a sea view room is a must.....So........what is there to moan about......well.....It has to be said that the Hotel itself is very, very, Tired. The décor in our room was dull, dowdy outdated and in the main not particularly the cleanest. The shower was Tiny and full of mould in the grouting coupled with the cheapest toilet rolls i've ever come across. The carpets were very worn and looked like the room had not been Hoovered very well. The 'Bar' was never open for the whole of our stay whilst every other hotel had entertainment and non residents using their facilities eagerly.
In short....I've stayed in better B&B's for half the £80 per night.
Therein lies the problem for me, because this hotel charges Hotel rates for what in effect is average B&B facilities. Would I stay there again............No.

Room Tip: Don't have a room at the front if your near the ground floor, too noisy from the drinkers in the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple