“what a hole!”
Review of Elsinore Hotel

Elsinore Hotel
Ranked #60 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed July 28, 2009

I always check tripadvisor when booking a hotel but on this occasion I didn't as last minute, what a mistake. First room offered to us was 210 I wish I'd taken a photograph; there was a double wardrobe completely blocking the window. Not that there was a view when you managed to get to the window. When we asked for another room the owner said he only had one left and we wouldn't like that one either. However, we took the second room on the top floor - similar state to other reviews - wires out of the ceiling, shower head that constantly moved around when you try to take a shower. Breakfast was obviously cooked at least 15 mins ahead of it being required. Do yourself a favour don't stay here,it's a complete rip off, more like a hostel than a hotel and I don't mean a youth hostel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank BernieWirral

Reviewed July 28, 2009

we stayed here it was not a good experience glad we only stayed one night, the cooked breckfast was precooked and cold,it needs a lot doing to it the bathroom did nt look like in the picture verry basic,there was gum on the wall needs a good ove hall

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank northwalestilly
Reviewed July 20, 2009

most depressing drab place i have ever had the misfortune to stay in.the glass ,on pictures on the walls were smashed red wires hung from the ceilings,mattress badly stained,curtains hung down and come off tracks,somebodies chewing gum stuck to bedroom wall,never slept a wink,breakfast luke warm and horrid.....need i go on ,wouldnt go back there if they paid me ....dreadfull place

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank funkymonkey64
Reviewed June 25, 2009

I agree with my ten year old daughter, we stayed one night and had we not just done snowdon and very tired we wouldnt have stayed the night. The room smelt badly of stale smoke, the window was cracked and wouldnt shut properly and lead straight onto the fire escape which didnt leave feeling me or my daughter were in the safest place , the beds definatley had fleas we had the bites to prove it !!!!!!! the bathroom was even worse the shower door was broken and dont think it had seen a cleaner in years the toilet was filthy and the sink in a worse state than the toilet I didnt even allow my daughter to have a wash or put her toothebrush in the bathroom we bought bottled water to brush our teethe the nicest thing about the room was the decorative electrical wires hanging from the ceilings and walls as they looked clean .
The breakfast looked edible but we didnt take the risk , The hotel itself looked like it was set up for aggie n maggie to go in .
I was actually worried that if we sat there long enough we get a housing benefit cheque and a social fund loan it was more like a hostel for the homeless . but all credit to the staff they worked for about an hour a day when they served breakfast and were really good at taking money before you saw the room and only accepted cash mmmmmmmm that just about said it all .
It did cross my mind that I was over the top until I nipped over the corridor to the room my friend and her eleven year old granddaughter were staying and soon realised I wasnt exaggerating she wouldve had the best sea view ever if was able to see out of the windows .
Anyway on a more positive note we had a fantastic time in wales and we had something to laugh about on the way home

3  Thank sparky43
Reviewed June 20, 2009

it was horrible i couldnt sleep for the only night i was there as i was scared of getting bitten by fleas in bed. I think the thing that scared me most is that there were red wires hanging from the ceiling. The breakfast was disgusting. it stank of smoke and im only 10 and not a proffesional critic. My mum put on a brave face for my sake but I couldnt do the same for her.The bathroom was manky and the shower was miniscule. I got told off by my mum for putting my toothbrush on the sink, because it was so filthy.

3  Thank tigy123
Reviewed May 24, 2009

Deinately the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. We booked online and when we arrived we instantly knew we'd made a mistake! The reception area and dining room reminded us of an old folkes home. Our room 304 was on the top floor and we were kept awake the whole night by what can only be described as the sound of rats scurrying in the loft and cooing of pigeons who had also set up residence in the loft space!!
The bed linin however was clean but the shower didn't stay warm enough for 1 shower!
ABSOLUTE RUBBISH

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kazo22
Reviewed May 11, 2009

This is quite frankly the worst hotel I have ever stayed in-and I have stayed in a lot!
Even before we arrived I telephned for directions as we were a bit lost and the man on the phone was not very helpful.Warning bells rang but it was too late to go elsewhere.
As soon as we arrived I knew my instincts were right. The outside of the hotel was in dire need of a coat of paint. Inside the same-very shabby. The manager finally appeared from somewhere-Fawlty Towers is a good description! We paid there and then and then he said to put the case in the lift.This arrived and was so small we couldnt get in with them so opted to carry then upstairs ourselves.
The corridors were so scruffy and the rooms were as bad! I had a single room which was tiny and had only a bed,wardrobe and TV .The bed had one pillow and a thin duvet but was at least clean!
The ensuite had damp patches and I didnt fancy using the shower. .The bathroom fittings were red plastic and circa 1950!!
There was only one bath towel-no hand ones-and no soap or anything.
It resembled a prison cell although they are probably better!
No usual mod cons such as phone or anything.
The worse thing was that it was freezing cold and I couldnt get the heating to work.Fiddling with the knob it came off in my hand.There were no spare blankets or anyhting-had to get up and put a tshirt on on the middle of the night.
My friend had a similar room but even worse because when she went to open the window the glass fell out of it!
The breakfast was unappetising looking and greasy.
I know it was cheap but I thought that was because hotels in Lllandudno are cheaper than elsewhere,
I couldn wait to leave.Didnt bother complaining because lots of the hotels were fully booked as it was a bank holiday.

2  Thank welshfanWales