“Nice but not fantastic.”
Review of Top's Restaurant

Top's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 209 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Colwyn Bay
“Nice but not fantastic.”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We visited Top's as a family group and enjoyed a banquet. The food is good but not spectacular, you get plenty and its well priced. Service is efficient. The decor is minimalist black and white, rather clinical and although busy there was little atmosphere. It's the best Chinese Restaurant in Llandudno by a country mile but that said all the rest are moderate to say the least. We will go again and be happy if the current standard is maintained. It just doesn't have the " WOW" factor. Not a " special occasion" venue. I have scored it 4 but it's more 3 and a half.

1 Thank SRBColwynBay

Manchester
“Awful Thai Food”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We ordered takeaway October 25th. Thai Green Curry should be fragrant and with the coconut milk creamy. The sauce was watery and bland in all flavours apart from the chilli.

Put simply change the brand of jarred curry paste, make the recipe properly or delist it.

My mum had the Red Curry and this was the same. The others in the group had Chinese good and this went down okay but nothing spectacular.

This was the worst takeaway food I have eaten for a long long time.

3 Thank ManchesterGrease
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“A lovely surprise in Graig-y-Don”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Everything about this new restaurant is quality and in my opinion it is the best Oriental food outlet in Llandudno. It’s quite obvious a great deal of money has been spent to get it up and running. Although the Restaurant was quite busy, the staff could not have been more attentive. Our food was cooked fresh and presented with panache and in a very timely manner. Every course we ate was perfect. I would recommend Tops to my friends and I will return to eat there again soon.

Llandudno, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Second visit was disappointing!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We thought we would give our new local restaurant a try! On our first visit the food was exceptional and could not be faulted and all the staff were very attentive. We therefore went back! On our second visit we were disappointed! Not with the food as that was at the same standard but with the service! Our order was taken for food and drinks and both arrived promptly, but after that we were never spoken to again! We were not asked as the time before if all was ok, if we wanted any more drinks and when our plates were cleared if we wanted any desserts, tea or coffees, we were actually forgotten. It was not as if it was busy as there were only 10 of us in the restaurant and 3 waiting on staff! I also observed that non of the other 8 people were attended to either! I hate negative reviews but I feel as though I do not want to go back and this is a shame as the staff are lovely and the food fantastic.. However I left feeling they are "only nice and attentive on your first visit" and after that not bothered! You need to make sure every visit is the same experience for everyone time & time again!

Llandudno
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Was glad to hear a new chinese was opening in Llandudno and after reading the reviews
looked forward to trying it.
The place itself has a modern decor and the staff are very attentive.
The first thing we noticed was no complimentry prawn crackers on the table as you are seated
which is normally standard .
We had a choice of starters which were fine .For our main meal 2 of us ordered the house
fried rice which i expected to have pork ,chicken ,beef,prawns in it but i think all it had in it
was chopped up prawns and i think scallops it looked bland and i orded curry sauce
to spice it up to be honest i,ve had much better takeaways.
Another of our party ordered the special curry this again was lacking in content not a lot of meat etc
My wife said we may have been unlucky with the meals we chose but every meal should be spot on .
They have no dessert menu.