“short holiday”

Cuisines: Bar
Newport, United Kingdom
“short holiday”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Well located on the seafront with easy access to the main town and local area,
only 20 min walk from the train station

members of staff were more than welcoming and helpful on arrival, access to the room was by two means either walking up stairs or by taking the somewhat outdated lift,

on getting into the room found it to be a little on the small side, with it also feeling like a lick of paint and new furnishing would greatly help bring it some new life but overall ok for what we payed for and suitable for planning the day ahead.

The breakfest was more than welcoming with a good choices on the menu to start the day off right

As for night life the down stairs bar offered more than enough entertainment with parties and great drink deals

overall

I would say that if you were plaining a short break then you could do far worse then stay here.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Douglas_1987

Llandudno, United Kingdom
“thoght this type of service had died out!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Got to comment on the experience of using the bar here over the weekend. The large tattooed young lady behind the counter (Please note - I make no judgement about her appearance whatsoever - merely state the facts) served 3 lots of people who came to the bar after us. When I, politely, asked if I could be served as I had been waiting 20 minutes I was told "there are two other bars you can use". Her male colleague spotted this I think and came and served us next thankfully.

Thought this terrible service and bad attitude was a thing of the past but it would seem not. What is the point of having promotions or events to attract people and then allowing poorly trained unprofessional staff with a bad attitude to work there?

4 Thank Teejay12391