We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at St Hilary, right from the moment we parked easily outside the property and were allowed an early check-in. They bent over backwards to help us, giving advice on the best restaurants, how to get there and whether to book in advance, etc. Our room was spotless and a decent size, with nice attention to detail – you could tell they’d gone the extra mile for their guests.
On the subject of miles, St Hilary is on the promenade 1 mile out of the town centre. Being 1 mile outside the town centre is an advantage if you’re driving, as the parking is unrestricted, it’s well away from noisy pubs and you don’t get many daytrippers parking this far away from the town centre/ pier, etc. This means you don’t have to fight to park your car nearby. It’s also just over the road from a children’s playground – handy if you’ve got young kids, just take care crossing the road.
It’s a disadvantage if you’re arriving by public transport – you wouldn’t want to walk a mile from the train station carrying heavy suitcases, and have to walk a mile each way every time you go into town.
As we were travelling by car, we found it an excellent location, and I enjoyed an early morning walk on the beach just over the road before breakfast. Breakfast was a cut above the average, obviously freshly prepared with fresh fruit salad, etc, and once again the hosts worked hard to make it special.
NB. There is plenty of accommodation in Llandudno with very high Tripadvisor ratings, given by ‘reviewers’ who’ve only made one short review, for that property. This suggests to me that the reviews aren’t genuine. St Hilary is not one of those. I’m a genuine reviewer – check out my other reviews, and this is a genuinely great guesthouse, which deserves its' good reputation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. Hilary is a fully non-smoking elegant Victorian seafront Guest House, commanding magnificent views of Llandudno's sweeping bay. The St. Hilary is decorated and comfortably furnished to a high standard throughout. Our guests return time after time as they enjoy the quality and service that we offer, in a friendly and homely atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your St. Hilary Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Hilary Guest House Hotel Llandudno
- St. Hilary Guest House Llandudno, Wales