Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing Scenery and Great Local Knowledge

The weather was less than favorable when we met John Hadwin from Boutique Tours of North Wales, who... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Jazzbeau1130
Eastchester, New York
The unique guided tour for people who don’t usually enjoy guided tours :)

My style of travelling is to pick a destination, do research, book my flights, get good maps... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Leotheflyingcat

All reviews day tour private tour john hadwin his knowledge caernarfon castle north wales cruise ship betws y coed comfortable van personal tour guest house big tour incredible tour british isles cruise roman road swallow falls ugly house
Reviewed August 10, 2017

Highly recommend Boutique Tours. We spent 2 action packed, custom designed, days touring N. Wales with John. The 1st day we spent on the Isle of Anglesey and the 2nd in Snowdonia. Each day was filled with spectacular scenery and beautiful walks. John's depth of knowledge of the area, its history and legends added immeasurably to the experience. John's passion for Wales and his work shines through guaranteeing a memorable experience!

Date of experience: August 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
BoutiqueTours, Owner at Boutique Tours of North Wales, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

It was my personal pleasure to be of service to you during your visit. I am thrilled that I fulfilled your expectations and provided you with a great destination experience with my private tour services. I hope that one day you will choose to return to Wales and I can show you so much more of this beautiful country.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

My husband and I had a wonderful day with John. He was punctual, professional, extremely informative and knowledgable and a fun guy to hang out with for the day! He picked us up at our guest house in Conwy and showed us the beauty of North Wales. We have never hired a private guide before but had limited time in North Wales and many things we wanted to see. We did not feel comfortable driving ourselves and wanted to leave the logistics to someone else so we could get the most out of the area. John exceeded our expectations! John and I discussed before hand where we wanted to go and he put together a great day. We saw things we would have never found on our own. We went to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoc, Caernarfon Castle, Snowdonia National Park, a Slate mining town, Swallow Falls, Betws-y-Coed and many more. We had a lovely lunch a Pant du Vineyard and Cafe and enjoyed their hard cider, mineral water and bought a bottle of their wine for later. Thank you for the Welsh Rabebit recipe John. We can't wait to make it.

1  Thank Karen042358

I am thrilled that I fulfilled your expectations and provided you with a great destination experience with my private tour services. Private tours provide so much more and often when international visitors choose to budget, they restrict their exposure to the real destination. I pride myself in showing so much more in a days tour than you could do on your own or even with a small group/shared tour. I am glad you felt it was worth the investment in return for a true destination experience. I hope that one day you will choose to return to Wales and I can show you so much more of this beautiful country.

Reviewed August 5, 2017

My family and I (husband, 13 yo girl and 16 yo boy) had a wonderful day trip with John that was a highlight of our 12 day cruise around the British Isles! We had a day stop in the port of Liverpool. Once I saw that Northern Wales was accessible from Liverpool I sought out a customized trip that would allow us to see Conway and Caernarfon Castles, Snowdonia, Betws-y-Coed, sheep and sheepdogs. I found John and Boutique Tours on Trip Advisor and it was a complete success. I exchanged emails with him before we left, and he laid out a great tour that would allow us to see what I had on my list at a reasonable pace, stop for lunch and snacks (we try ice cream and chocolate wherever we travel) and get back to the ship in plenty of time. I could tell from the email exchanges that were both very detailed and responsive that we were in excellent hands. John arrived at the cruise port right at our chosen time and we found him easily. He had a very comfortable large van that we would travel in which gave the four of us plenty of room. We drove west from Liverpool and made a few impromptu stops along the way to Conway Castle. John provided an interesting and educational narrative as we drove, and I wish I had taken notes to pass along all the great stories of Welsh history! Our first planned stop was Conway Castle which was magnificent. It was situated in a lovely town and you could walk all through it to really give you a sense of the proportion and heaviness of the rooms and stone. John came with us and led us around which was terrific! We could have stayed many hours but then headed west again to Caernarfon Castle where we stopped to walk around the outside of the Castle. The tour books all list both castles and show the high points of both - in my opinion you are missing out if you do not go to both. They castles, towns and georgraphic areas are really different and have different historical significance. We drove through John's old hometown and next he took us to a beautiful old quarry where we saw a spectacular lake as we headed into Snowdonia. It is hard to find words to describe the colors we saw in that park - lush greens, sapphire and grey skies, i reminds me of pictures I have seen of New Zealand. All along we had asked to see sheep and sheep dogs, which John said he would do his best to find. He took us through a beautiful mountain pass in Snowdonia when cars stopped ahead of us because of a huge herd of sheep crossing through with several dogs running the show. It was so great! While stopped we talked with others who were watching and one of the shepherds which was a treat. After we wound up a peak for a stop we made our way to the Ugly House, which was a lovely little bungalow where we had a delicious lunch. After that we went to Betws-y-Coed, a magical town where we had a chance to walk around and explore, snack and talk to folks. With that we made our way back to Liverpool. We took a lovely course that took us up to a hill that gave us a great last vista of Northern Wales, with rolling green hills, homes, sheep and cows. We all had a great day and would love to go back. We highly recommend John and Boutique Tours of Northern Wales. He was kind, funny, professional, well informed and led us on a wonderful day!

(Note I had a bit of trouble uploading the photos and typing in descriptions, so hope you can see Conway and Caernarfon, Snowdonia and other parts of our trip)

Date of experience: July 2017

It was my personal pleasure to be of service to you with my private cruise tour arrangements at Liverpool. I take great pride in designing bespoke tailor made tours to suit what clients want to do and see and I aim to provide one of the best destination experiences in Wales with the delivery of my private tour service. I hope that one day you will choose to return to Wales and I can show you so much more of this beautiful country.

Reviewed August 5, 2017

We arranged to have John pick us up from the Holyhead cruise port and take us on the North Wales in a Nutshell tour for the day. The van was very comfortable for the four of us and we had a great day which included several off the beaten path spots! We also enjoyed our lunch with Welsh rarebit and the best scones of our trip! I would highly recommend Boutique Tours of North Wales.

Date of experience: July 2017

It was my personal pleasure to be of service to you for your private cruise tour at Holyhead. I always aim to provide a true experience of Wales with the delivery of my private tour cruise tour service at Holyhead, with many cruise passengers rating their day ashore with me as either their 'favourite day' or 'the best tour of the cruise'. I hope that one day you will choose to return to Wales and I can show you so much more of this beautiful country.

Reviewed July 9, 2017

Things we advised John we wanted to see were included and also things he thought we might be interested in because of our requests. The itinerary was very flexible allowing as much time as we required but also moving things around to take account of local weather conditions. John was very knowledgeable and also looked out for our comfort to an exceptional extent. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: June 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
BoutiqueTours, Owner at Boutique Tours of North Wales, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Thank you for your very positive review about your tour with me here in North Wales. I take great pride in being able to offer one of the best destination experiences and I hope that one day you will return to enjoy more of our beautiful country.