“Proper breakfast!”

Cuisines: Polish, British, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Popped in on the way to work, having heard about the place from Tripadvisor and was not disappointed! Had the big breakfast and my partner had the veggie option and we were both stuffed full and very satisfied! Not greasy, nice big portion, what's not to love? Add to that the very attentive and thoughtful service and it makes the place my new favourite breakfast spot in town, particularly having been let down by another well-recommended place the day before. We'll be back! :)

2  Thank Cv3dave

Reviewed August 3, 2014

I would love to be able to agree with previous reviews but I struggle to see why this place is so highly rated. Being Polish I was really looking forward to having some traditional food and introduce it to my English friends. Pierogi (stuffed dumplings) were swiming in grease from fried onions, were not made with wild mushrooms as they should be and tasted as they were from the packet. Fishcakes only had fish in the name and certainly not in the flavour. Paninis were good but its not really a culinary challenge.

Ideally I would give this place a 2.5 but the atmosphere was good and staff pleasant enough. Wouldnt recommend.

4  Thank Aga W
PhilBH, Social Media at Inglenook Cafe & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

I would like to assure you that unlike many others we don't use filler ingredients in our Fishcakes, ours are hand made from 100% haddock covered with breadcrumbs. They have been very popular with our customers over the last 2 years and people have enjoyed them enough to mention them in their reviews.

In regards to the Pierogi - there are different ways of serving this dish, here it is served with Onions and some oil - exactly as the Chef would have prepared it in Poland. The Pierogi are made with a mix of mushrooms including Wild Mushrooms (which is not a requirement of Vegetarian Pierogi). They are again all hand made by the Chef - NOT from a packet.

Once again, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your visit, however I am glad to say that you are the exception - we have many satisfied customers who have become regulars that prove we must be doing something right.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Beautiful restaurant in a good quiet place. You can eat Polish and English food. Very friendly service and good food. We'll definitely be back with the whole family. I would recommend Polish dumplings and delicious sandwiches.

2  Thank Paweł M
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Great restaurant with Polish mood. The dishes served by the chef very tasty. Restaurant very warm and friendly. On the back of the restaurant for a wonderful romantic corner fireplace. I greet the whole team of inglenook. Kisses!

1  Thank Kacper M
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Wonderful homemade food. Polish cuisine dishes from the best in the area served by the chef Jan. The restaurant decor very cozy. The staff very nice. I recommend!

1  Thank Anna S