“"Absolutely ruddy lovely"...my words”

Inglenook Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 211 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Polish, British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We have visited Inglenook on more than a few occasions and always leave feeling satisfied but wanting more. The staff are always the nicest, most polite, courteous, helpful and interesting of people. It is increasingly hard to find cafe/restaurant staff who know what the food is, never mind what it tastes like but, for the team at Inglenook this isn't the case. Their knowledge of what they serve is always tip top.

Any ignorant person who visits any place that serves food not typically found locally has an easy option to be embarrassingly stupid and reveal their inner lack of empathy. However, saying that, we never seen or heard anyone eating at this high quality place who is not happy. I could well be accused of not being experimental in my food choices and I simply cannot bring myself to not have the traditional Polish pork cutlet with mashed potato and salad. Very decent sized portions and wonderfully presented and freshly made. One day, I will put aside a whole afternoon to sample the rest of the gorgeous Polish dishes.

If you're in Llandudno, or near by, divert for lunch and try Inglenook. You will be happy you did. If you're not, go to McDonalds and sit in a car park.

1  Thank Gareth W

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The Inglenook...in a word, brilliant. On a recent visit to Llandudno, we parked off the beaten track (as off the beaten track as you can I suppose in Llandudno) and are so glad we did. Myself, my wife and daughter being cold, hungry and in need of some comfort wandered into what seemed a nice, inviting and as we suspected family run eatery. What a find it was.

From the welcome we received, which made us feel like we were part of the family, to the quality of the food we ate, we could not fault the Inglenook. Plenty of food to choose from; from the more adventurous Polish cuisine to the staple dishes of burgers and chips...you would struggle not to find something to your taste.

The quality and standard of the food we ate was right up there with the best in Llandudno and provided fantastic value for money. Our daughter's plate was as clean at the end of the meal as I imagined it was when the food was placed on it...yes, she enjoyed it that much. The lollipop she received at the till was the icing on the cake for her!! (Nice touch)

I can imagine this being a regular haunt for our family from now on when in Llandudno. For good quality, value for money food in a friendly atmosphere the I implore you to search out the Inglenook and give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

2  Thank SgwbiDw
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had walked past this cafe one evening after we had already eaten and thought we would try it next time we were in Llandudno. Well we booked our table on Saturday evening and the tables are set up really nice. We both ordered a starter and main course and chose the Polish dishes and they were really generous portions and very tasty. The waiter was great, very friendly and helpful. We had took our own wine as they are not licensed which wasn't a problem. We had a lovely evening and will return next time we are in Llandudno. Very highly recommend this cafe/bistro.

2  Thank armic
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Don't miss this little gem! You won't be disappointed. We fancied it, we tried it, we will go back! Excellent food, excellent décor, excellent prices, and just that little bit different. We had a great night. As yet, they are awaiting a drinks licence and they asked if we wanted to bring in our own. My husband popped to Asda (nearby) and we were sorted. Go on - give it a go!!

1  Thank JuneandPeter
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This place has really really good food. We dined here on a Saturday night and had a really nice meal. We took our own alchohol as they are not licensed but that was no problem and they happily provided glasses. The waiter was really friendly and helpful and we will certainly return next time we are in Llandudno.

3  Thank GailC333