“Appalling service”

Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We waited 45 minutes for our food, and when it arrived the order was wrong. The server seemed baffled and asked us if we wanted to send it back. We didn't because after 45 minutes we were hungry. The food was uninteresting, neither good or bad. We had a very hard time getting any server to bring us more drinks, and then the drink order was wrong, the servers appeared bored and indifferent. We were charged full price for everything, and it was expensive. We will not be back.

1  Thank Maggie H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,427)

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I loved this restaurant. On a weekend trip to Llandudno we visited the restaurant twice and were extremely pleased with the food and service on both occasions. Despite being busy during the festive period we did not have to wait long before a waiter took our order and only a short time later our food was served. I couldn't fault the restaurant, the staff were helpful and the food was great. Will eat here again in any future trips to Llandudno.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Last Monday my girlfriend and myself decided prior to our usual pub quiz antics we'd eat out. After much deliberation we ended up with Harvey's being the choice of location. Safe to say given my previous two reviews I wasn't overly keen on going but we went all the same.

Much to my amazement we were greeted after a few minutes by a gentleman who asked "table for 2" and somewhat flicked the menu's in the general direction of the table, he followed us over and placed the menu's down on the table. So far, not much change from a few months ago, still very quiet inside we were one of five tables which quickly became two. The waiter returned a few minutes later to ask if we wanted to order drinks (Massive improvement on the 35 minute wait I'd previously encountered), I do however find it amazing that a pepsi is £1.95 and it's roughly half a pint. After setting down our drinks we were asked if we were ready to order, I asked for the BBQ Burger and my girlfriend the hotdog, food didn't take too long to come (again a massive improvement on previous visits). The food was brought to us by a different waiter who appeared somewhat nervous and asked if we wanted anything else so I asked for another round of drinks with no ice, I'm sorry now if this causes offence but how hard is it when you've been told "no ice" to not put ice in?! I want 100% pepsi in my glass not half an iceberg and 5% pepsi!

All in all I can't tell if previous reviews have been read and the staff couldn't wait to get rid of me or if they were just generally the way they were but I would have to say overall Harvey's is heading in the right general direction.

Does it offer value for money - NO.
Does it offer a welcoming environment - Somewhat.
Is the service great - I guess that depends on expectations.

Many may read this and believe I am stuck up or too critical, but when you're paying money for a service you expect it to be to your standard, at Harvey's you're not paying peanuts so you don't expect monkeys. With the news Hickories is currently recruiting and set to open in 2014 on the site formally known as "The Ship" in Rhos on Sea, I would have to say Harvey's days may well be numbered.

Oh and after hearing your advert on HeartFM (96.3) "Why go to Harvey's New York Bar and Grill? Because the chef is from New York" not a great reason I'm Welsh and proud but wouldn't be a great farmer!

2  Thank Dave0J
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Dropped in for a lunch - hypnotised by the specials' board outside .it was pretty quiet when I arrived - despite being a pre-Christmas lunch-time. I went for a Club Sandwich..and a filter coffee. I was rather disappointed by the greasy texture of my sandwich - but it did fill a hole...The filter coffee turned out to be an Americano....which sent me buzzing ! VFM was OK - I don't think I'll be going back...but there we are.

I almost managed not to mention the "apostrophe outage"....! - sorry but I had to.

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Visited Harveys after hearing some decent reviews locally, and fancied giving it a try. But what a let down.

The food was extremely oily, which made the paper it came in virtually see-through. The burger i had was very dry, unseasoned, and soaked in oil; which caused the bread it came in to be soggy. The burger was caked in an over-powering BBQ sauce, which seemed to have been poured over with no care.

Expected good things, but was left with something similar to what a greasy cafe would serve.

First and last visit im afraid. The staff however were friendly, chatty and helpful.