“Great meal”

Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very enjoyable meal The wife enjoyed the hanging skewer and the staff told her how to tackle it and warned her that the skewer was hot. The service was very good considering that they were busy and it was a Friday night. The staff were very friendly all night and kept the drinks topped up

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were a party of five, including two children (4 and 18 months). We didn't order for our youngest and they were fine with that - we had a spare plate and she shared our food...our four year old chose a hot dog - it was ok - if I was being really picky, I would say that the bun was not cut very carefully, and I had to cut it again so that she could manage to eat her hot dog. (I would also suggest that when spoons are placed on the table for dessert that the handle is used and not the 'spoon' bit - a small thing maybe) We ordered ribs and pulled pork for everyone else - it was all ok - fries and slaw were generous. I would say that younger children might struggle on the bench seats as the tables are fixed and my four year old was too far from the table to eat comfortably....but she insisted on sitting there! Don't expect anything gormet, it's on a par with Pizza Express or Jamies etc.....costs more than McD's and is nicer than McD's!!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I'm just back from a simply dreadful meal at this restaurant. The food was bad, as was the service. The waiters seemed only able to speak in monosyllables, and looked as if they wanted to be anywhere else but in Harveys (and who could blame them). Having had many meals in the States I can assure everyone that this place isn't even a pale copy.

Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!

1  Thank JintR
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have never written one of these reviews but if I can prevent just one person from wasting their time and money at this incredibly bad excuse for a restaurant it'll be worth it.
Just imagine all the superlatives you have ever used for bad eating experience and there you have it.
Just avoid, I would rather eat 3 day old McDonalds in Mogadishu than go back there !

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Maybe a little unfair to rate this as poor as my other firends (7 of them) all had decent meals.
They all ordered burgers or pulled pork which looked and seemed to taste good but I ordered a Rib Eye Steak and asked for Jacket Potato instead of chips.
Firstly I was apalled at being charged an extra £1.50 to take a healthy option instead of chips and then my meal came with chips!!
I was then told they had run out of jacket potatoes earlier in the day and yet i was not told by either of the staff this!!
The manager apologised and I agreed to have it with a side salad. So they took the chips off then brought it to me and I got a very well done steak instead of the medium one I had asked for.
It then went back a second time and I was told it was priority order to be recooked and it took another 15 minutes by which time all my friends had finished their meals. The steak was cooked properly the 2nd time but was one of the worst pieces of steak I had ever had full of gristle which I don't expect when paying for almost the most expensive thing on the menu!
To be fair to the manager he was very apologetic and did agree to waive my meal from the bill.