“bad end to a great weekend” 1 of 5 bubbles

Harveys New York Bar and Grill
Ranked #33 of 204 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“bad end to a great weekend”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Had been away for long weekend and on return decided to have a meal at Harveys, wanted to for a # of months and sorry we did! Steak cooked OK but the fries were hard and stale and tasted like they were old chips warmed up. Onion rings looked overdone and shiny with fat, inside was just a grease mush. JD sauce was OK. Service attentative not many in at 20.15 hrs. Friendly guy who must be sick of hearing the same thing,informed him of our compliant and he said he would tell the manager. Paid the full bill and left him a tip as it s wasn't his fault. Will not go back again, never. It didn't spoil our trip away but sorry we went now.

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
“Average at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

4 of us ate here on a lunch in llandudno,all felt the place was highly average,with high prices for what you get,pre-prepared food.would not return as there are better options in town

Old Colwyn, United Kingdom
“Yuck”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I'm sorry to say that we tried Harveys, even after the bad reviews we had heard from our friends and family (it looks so nice from outside), and we were thoroughly disappointed!!

There are a lot of staff on hand, and well the service nor the food tends to reflect the abundance of staff they had on hand.

The service... we felt rushed to order drinks, and to order our food - basically as soon as we sat down. The starter (buffalo wings) was served as a basket, with no plates for us to eat off. I ordered a side, but it didn't arrive with my main meal... but they had no problems charging for it. This error took a good 20 minutes to resolve, which made us feel even worse - it isn't worth it for £1.99. The food was just thrown down with no service at all.

The food, was terrible. The buffalo wings are deep fried and then the sauce is poured on top. The wings were greasy and horrible, with no real flavour to them! The burger was served on a "decorative" paper, which when eating your burger... you're pretty much eating the paper as well - perhaps to help with the flavour. The burger isn't very nice, there is a mountain of greasy cheese on there!

All style and no substance I'm afraid.

wales uk
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DINER WITH RESTAURANT PRICES”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and son and myself had 2 courses each and a round of drinks which came to £70 total.
Its up there with a good restaurant as regards its prices so is not exactly a pop in and have a quick bite sort off establishment if you know what i mean!.
Food was good and tasty but we would have liked a few more trimmings. Ie corn and salad which come as norm at the real american diners.
Overall very tasty, desserts need a little work, mountains of squirty cream is not impressive i feel anymore!.
Would we return, definately!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Poor regard for customer care.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I had a pretty bad experience at Harvey’s. My burger bun fell apart so my burger filling went everywhere, I then started to eat it with a knife and fork and realised the burger was burnt so I didn’t eat it all. I had ate about a third of it by the end. I asked the waiter to take it back, telling him it was burnt and I couldn’t eat it. When it came to paying the bill they had left the burger on the bill, so I asked to have it taken off.
To sum it up I was accused of being a liar by the waiter ‘George’, who was working behind the till. I had to ask for his name because no one had name badges, which working in the customer service industry myself, I see as a ruse to avoid complaints because staff are anonymous, it gives them a carte blanche to treat you badly. He was extremely rude to me, to the point where I turned around and told him that if had spoken to a customer like that in my workplace, it would no longer be my workplace. He did feel the need to inform me, in a condescending tone that ‘no one has ever complained about my attitude before’. Really? Well I do not enjoy being made to feel guilty about complaining about poor quality.
I was then informed that I had ate most of the burger, but they could not confirm that because it had already been thrown away. (I also struggled to understand how they knew I had ate most of it then?) And that if I was telling the truth, then why did I not send the burger back straight away? I informed them that after waiting, expecting someone to come and ask if the meal was ok, which they normally do in such expensive places, (it’s called service), I had tried, but to no avail, to get the attention of a staff member. When I finally did, I made my complaint and asked for the bill because the person I was with had already finished.
After all this they knocked £5.00 off my £12.00 burger. I don’t know about anyone else, but I have never been somewhere where you are expected to pay because you have ate a few mouthfuls of the awful food. Unfortunately this is the second time I have been there, it was bad the first time but I didn’t say anything because we all have bad days, but today it was me who had the bad day. That is why I am now writing this as a warning for anyone else, eat there at your own peril. Overpriced and overcooked.

Visited June 2013