“Poor regard for customer care.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Harveys New York Bar and Grill
Ranked #33 of 204 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Poor regard for customer care.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I had a pretty bad experience at Harvey’s. My burger bun fell apart so my burger filling went everywhere, I then started to eat it with a knife and fork and realised the burger was burnt so I didn’t eat it all. I had ate about a third of it by the end. I asked the waiter to take it back, telling him it was burnt and I couldn’t eat it. When it came to paying the bill they had left the burger on the bill, so I asked to have it taken off.
To sum it up I was accused of being a liar by the waiter ‘George’, who was working behind the till. I had to ask for his name because no one had name badges, which working in the customer service industry myself, I see as a ruse to avoid complaints because staff are anonymous, it gives them a carte blanche to treat you badly. He was extremely rude to me, to the point where I turned around and told him that if had spoken to a customer like that in my workplace, it would no longer be my workplace. He did feel the need to inform me, in a condescending tone that ‘no one has ever complained about my attitude before’. Really? Well I do not enjoy being made to feel guilty about complaining about poor quality.
I was then informed that I had ate most of the burger, but they could not confirm that because it had already been thrown away. (I also struggled to understand how they knew I had ate most of it then?) And that if I was telling the truth, then why did I not send the burger back straight away? I informed them that after waiting, expecting someone to come and ask if the meal was ok, which they normally do in such expensive places, (it’s called service), I had tried, but to no avail, to get the attention of a staff member. When I finally did, I made my complaint and asked for the bill because the person I was with had already finished.
After all this they knocked £5.00 off my £12.00 burger. I don’t know about anyone else, but I have never been somewhere where you are expected to pay because you have ate a few mouthfuls of the awful food. Unfortunately this is the second time I have been there, it was bad the first time but I didn’t say anything because we all have bad days, but today it was me who had the bad day. That is why I am now writing this as a warning for anyone else, eat there at your own peril. Overpriced and overcooked.

Visited June 2013

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place to eat in Llandudno”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

We walked for what seemed like forever trying to find somewhere nice and clean looking to eat. We eventually spotted Harveys and were so glad we did. It was very much like a Frankie and Benny's but maybe priced slightly better? The music, atmosphere and decoration with American style diner booths was great. I wanted to sing along to the good old songs my mum and dad brought me up on, so it was a real trip down memory lane for me. The food was excellent. My 13 year old daughter wished she'd had a childs sized pizza though after attempting to eat the large adult size and failing. The portions were enormous and well worth the money, just a shame we had to leave some. Service was good, food is cooked to order so you expect a small wait for it to be prepared. We will definitely return next time we visit Llandudno. We just wish they could open one in Cheshire!!

Conwy, United Kingdom
“poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

nice food, but the waiter/waitress service was so poor and slow, we waited 25 minutes for our drinks to arrive and thats only because we went to complain and a furthur 20 minutes for our food to arrive so your talking 45 mins intotal before we ate..., they need waiters/waitresses with personality you would get better service if you went to a wake!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank aldean c c
“Me and my partner had a share platter loads of food £20 great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Visited llandudno for weekend me and other half hotel food was very poor so we disided to go out read some not great reviews about harveys this wasnt the case briliant service was with a smile food was great and exellant value cool decoration

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Best place to eat in Llandudno”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Having eaten here a few times now on return trips to the town, I can honestly say this place delivers every time. Plenty of choice on the menu, reasonably priced, and served up as though you're in an american movie! If you're thinking of getting a platter, make sure you're all hungry, because they are generous portions (but handily they will box up anything you can't manage so you can take it home) The buddy holly and elvis playing in the background creates a great atmosphere. The staff are attentive and helpful. You can see the chefs at work from your table, and the complimentary popcorn is a nice touch!