“No Baby Change”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Wakefield
“No Baby Change”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I visited Harvey's for my birthday weekend with husband and baby. There were high chairs for the little one but disappointed to find there was no baby change facilities. It meant we had a grumpy baby with a full nappy while we ate and so it was rather rushed.

We chose a lunch time toasted sandwich (mine was a BLT) which came with fries in a nice little tin cup on a wooden board so it was nicely presented and I felt reasonably priced at £5 for the size of the portion. The drinks were expensive though!

Can't comment on the staff as we didn't have much dealings with them other than ordering the meal and having it brought to us. It was lunch time though and they weren't overly busy, so we got seen to quickly. I was just disappointed that there was no baby change and so until the baby is out of nappies, we won't be going again unfortunately.

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Back again”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I returned to Harveys again recently and I wasn't disappointed. The food was just as good as I remembered it and the waitresses were lovely. I'll be going back again for more :-)

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Basic food hygiene”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I’m going to keep this write up short…anyone who puts RAW prawns onto a skewer and then does not wash there hands and makes a salad straight after should not be working in a kitchen. Very disappointed will never eat there again…

2 Thank lala p
“Just awful!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I've eaten here a few times and even though the service has never been good the food was always nice so when my sister and brother in-law suggested we go because they've never been before I was happy to go but never again.
After arriving we were given our menus and told to sit in a table where normally the staff takes us to our seat. My sister then went to the toilet, while there a waitress came for our drinks order, my brother in-law told the waitress that my sister was in the toilet and could she come back in a few minutes, she walked off in a huff. After ordering our drinks and waiting a while for them a waiter took our order but when my brother asked what a meal was on the menu the waiter answered "I don't know" with silence after, no I'll go find out for you or I will ask the chef. When we finished our starter the same waitress who first came to our table to clear it she asked can she get something us anything but before she finished the sentence she was already turning to walk away. My sister had to rush quickly to ask for a glass of water and when we received it the waitress gave it to my brother in-law bit sister. When our mains arrived a different waitress was serving them and dropped my brother in-laws chips. This can't be helped but the first thing she should have done was go get him a new portion but she said sorry, offered to get him something else then walked away. When my meal came my sister asked for more ketchup, the waitress said yes but after five minutes of waiting still no ketchup I had to get some from another table. The food was okay but the chip fat hadn't been changed and you could tell from the chips. We waited around twenty minutes before the first waitress cleared our table, my sister asked for the bill. Five minutes later, half the table bring cleared and no bill another waitress came to finish clearing our table. My sister asked if the manager was there so she could talk to them, the waitress replied "I don't know who the manager is its my first day". From shock we just asked for the bill. A young waiter no more than 19 came to us and asked what the problem is. After my sister and I told him he said do you want something taking off the bill we said that's not why we are complaining. He gave us the bill and took nothing off. Even though we said no they should have taken our drinks off as courteous. My brother in-law went to the bar to pay as my sister and I waited outside. My brother waited at the bar for a couple of minutes while two members off staff where talking about my sister and I before they realised my brother was there. I have to say that it was the worst experience. Staff need to be trained and there should always be a manager or at least a supervisor working.
You've lost customers!

1 Thank LucyRhiann
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Needs work!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Decided to try this restaurant as it looked a little like Frankie & Bennys. Turns out it is like a cheap Frankie & Bennys, just not cheap prices! The food was adequate, not a lot of choice if you don't want to pay more than £10 for a main. We chose not to eat dessert as there were no desert menus left on the table, or handed to us. Our plates when we had finished the main meal were not cleared, we waited at least half an hour after we had finished for them to be cleared. Even when we were leaving our table hadn't been serviced. One of the waitress' was more interested in talking to the chef rather than clearing our plates. We never got asked if our food was okay. There was a family next to us and they got served desert whilst still having their dirty plates from their main on the table and non were cleared until after they had paid their bill. We didn't even have an opportunity to ask anyone for the bill, we had to get up and go to the bar and pay for it there. Could be a good restaurant but the service definitely needs improving. We wouldn't eat there again.

1 Thank HannahFS88