“Culture”
Review of Venue Cymru

Venue Cymru
Ranked #19 of 99 things to do in Llandudno
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Excellent performance - Butterfly Lion. Several people complained of the £3.00 admin charge but as the seats were reasonable we were happy. Could you add the admin fee to the ticket price?

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We have been to Venue Cymru a number of times now and have never been disappointed. The facilities are all reasonably new and are well kept and maintained. Parking has always proven to be easy for us, as later in the day you can park free of charge along the sea front, just across the road from the theatre. On this occasion we saw Blood Brothers, which was fantastic.

I would highly recommend you visit this theatre, ticket prices are usually very reasonable and make sure to take the opportunity to the experience the quaint little seaside town of Llandudno too.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

In writing my about this theatre, i would like to say that the evening of the 19th September was so special, as Blood Brothers, was an amazing show. Now for the theatre, last time i went there was a lot of standing and clapping, "Boogie Nights" This night we were so glad for the interval! The seats are so hard and lumpy, people either side of me said they were aching too. They are the worst sears in the world! A rather abrupt older lady warned me if i took a cup in the theatre, i was to make sure it had a lid on, and then another lady pounced on us.Staff traininh would be good i feel, or tgis theatre will suffer. I love Llandudno, and going to a show, might try Conway next time. Sorry i didnt take a cushion in with me!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is medium sized theatre seating around 1800 on the promenade in Llandudno and it was opened in 2007. It is well designed, looks good and somehow it's modern design fits well on the wonderful Victorian sea front. It also hosts conferences and concerts as do most venues these days.
Plastic/paper cups are sadly the norm these days due to health and safety and the selection of drinks and snacks was not good.
I found the seats in the theatre to be the most uncomfortable I have sat on. My garden furniture puts it to shame. I found this very distracting and I was glad of the break part way through the excellent show.
I cannot rate this theatre anything more than average but it's the show that counts.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Small and well organised, easy to park nearby. Easy to leave too, unlike larger venues where you feel like cattle!. We go here quite a lot. There are lots of Hotels and B&B's nearby.