“Beware of insects in your salad.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating
Barmouth
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beware of insects in your salad.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Monday 15/7/13. Ordered two sandwiches that came with salad. Both looked ok. On almost the last mouthful of salad I saw something move. Yuk. It was a baby snail or should it be slug. No shell. I discreetly spoke to a male waiter and showed him. He went off to see the manageress who came over to our table waving the plate and snail shouting that I was not having a refund as I had eat it all, except for the sluggy thing of course. I told her that I was afraid I may have eaten his brothers or sisters. The upshot was I was not only humiliated in front of the other customers, I was not offered an apology or a refund and was made to feel I was in the wrong for daring to complain about my sluggy meal. Be very careful

Visited July 2013
1 Thank TerryBarmouth

Conwy,north wales
“went for breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

had breakfast here instead of at the b+b,hubby had full cooked,which looked ok,i had scrambled egg on toast,which could of done with more egg.
on the whole ok,but saw that we could have got a better deal at another café.oh well

Visited May 2013
staffordshire
“Reasonable and pleasant a place to visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stopped in by chance with my husband and 3 children, we had 4 fizzy drinks & a cappuchino. We also had food i had the plaice special which was ok but the fish was quite small. My children had the ham, eggs, & chips which went down a treat,nice sliced ham and fresh eggs and tasted we ordered the bacon and cheese toastie which looked and tasted nice.
My husband had the combo of goujons ,onion rings,dreaded mushrooms and scampi which stated on the menu with dips,however on ordering i was asked to choose between the dips of garlic or salsa. My husband really enjoyed his meal though, he didn't enjoy his cappuchino as it was weak more like a latte . All in all the service was very quick, the staff were pleasant too, the prices were reasonable, the place itself was very clean and tidy, the booths were very comfortable to sit in, i would visit again but try something different.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Cafe Express a place I visit year on year”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Cafe Express is a cheap and wonderful cafe, where service is good as is the food. I suggest you try the Welsh Oggie its really nice, Coffee is good as are the staff who always remember me on every visit. I truly cannot understand the negative reviews, I have been going there since it was a " National Milk Bar" and thats years, I cannot recommend it enough, the menu has a good choice & variety but is mainly food for quick meals, breakfasts etc. I'm off round to see them again tomorrow and look forward to my visit & friendly staff as always

• Visited October 2012
swansea
“breakfast”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

worst breakfast I have ever had.Bacon was overcooked, egg underdone and sausage was tasteless and tough.The staff were totally unhelpful, and were more interested in talking to each other.Also coffee was supposed to be a latte, had a bitter taste. Will not call into this establishment ever again, that is any Café Express.

• Visited June 2013