“Awful place never again”
Review of Bodafon Farm Park

Bodafon Farm Park
Ranked #16 of 97 things to do in Llandudno
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Bodafon Farm Park, a FREE farm park tourist attraction in beautiful Llandudno, the Queen of Welsh Resorts. Bodafon is open 7 days a week, with Summer opening hours in place 10am to 9pm ( bookings only on weekends on 01492 549060). New for 2016 is our Castle Fort with a slide and cargo nets built into the bank of the farm. The little one will love the outdoor adventure play area, ride on tractors and feeding goats, deer and llamas. Jack our pony is available for pony rides and a tractor and trailer ride around the farm track at only £2 per person. Our restaurant and bar leads out to our covered Italian canopy and courtyard where you will find our BBQ and wood fired pizza oven and water feature. Perfect for large groups and families to enjoy a meal. The sun terrace next to the play area offers stunning views over the bay of Llandudno and The Great Orme so you can relax and watch the children play. Did you know we also cater for occasions including weddings, christenings and birthdays providing a full range of menus and a bespoke service with exclusive hire available. Bodafon farm is home to the North Wales Bird Trust, housing a large collection of birds and owls. All in all a great day out.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful place never again”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Went up to the farm for story time well what a diaster..the room was filfty and stank of drink (meant to be a child/toddler activity) the worst 3.50 ever spent, then we took the children to the play area which again is so dangerous the slide has a split down the top there broken wood and holes every were.one lady spoke to the young man doing pony rides he shurgged..then it couldnt of got much worse we decided to go for lunch my son fell in a patch of nettles hes 2... we ordered lunch which was very expensive after waiting 40 mins half of the meals arrived but not mine and my child and when it did 20 mins later got sent straight back..the food was cold the chips swimming in grease and my burger cremated...it was a shambles of a day and i wouldnt reccomened here to anybody

Visited August 2013
1 Thank dgreg1978

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Enjoyed our visit alot! little park for my daughter to play in, plenty of animals to see and stroke! the staff were very friendly and would definitely come again! and its free!

2 Thank july232013
wales
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Is it me??? Have I missed something???”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Ashamed to say that as a resident of llandudno, last Saturday was the first time I visited as somewhere to take my 18month grandson on a sunny afternoon for a couple of hours.

No entrance fee, lots of things to see and plenty to occupy children of all ages. There was laughter and mums and dads enjoying the experience of seeing the animals and owls with their families!!

I am amazed at the negative comments made by some of the previous posters?? The owners of this "working farm" allow people to experience their environment. Who do the previous posters think provide the little tractors and play area, with play equipment for the children, and at who's cost??

Health and Safety issues, mentioned by one poster?? That is why they state that parental responsibility at all times, you are the parent, you need to take charge of your own child!! You want a sterile environment go to Sea World, where you pay through the nose on admission fees, and get about an hour wandering under glass domes!! The slide and some fences needing repairing?? Yes, but the livestock take priority on this "working farm"

No attendant on reception?? Who is going to pay their wage?? Not allowed to take picnic?? They try to recoup their overheads by offering their own refreshments in the on site cafe!! And how many people leave without making a donation do you think??

I for one loved the whole experience, allowed to wander around for as long as I wished, introduced my grandson to some up close and personal one to one time with the farmyard animals!!

Thank you we will visit often.

S S W

5 Thank summersunshineWales
Lancashire
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Visit an open air farm”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We took our two grandchildren to Bodafon farm today. Where can you visit farm animals,deer and birds of prey and it doesn't cost you a penny???!!!!
You can wander about at ease and children can stroke goats , see alpakas,see deer and numerous birds of prey for free?
There is a reasonably priced restaurant,catering for reasonably priced Ice Creams and lollies for the children
This is situated in a fabulous setting overlooking Llandudno bay and shouldn't be missed if you have children of any ages

4 Thank Michalcookson
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice little farm - needs some work.”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I think the first thing you have to bare in mind about this farm is that it is FREE. So you can't really complain or expect too much either.

I don't think the car park is much of a problem really, it is just a car park after all...

My children enjoyed the tractors out on the courtyard, I get the feeling they are a big hit!
The café area is absolutely stunning, the food looked lovely too but as we had already ate cannot comment on its taste. It really did look great though!

The outdoor area linked to the café is also really nice and well kept. The owl enclosures were really nice and clean.

The views from the top are amazing.

The play park was nice but did need improvement. I imagine there probably Is a few health and safety issues on the play area but for free entry I doubt they have much money to make improvements with.

We paid £2 for our son to have a pony ride. The pony was well behaved and looked well looked after. However we were a bit shocked when the young man giving the pony rides told us he hadn't been there since his work experience a few years ago and hadn't tacked a horse up since then. We weren't too worried as we have some experience with horses and ponies but he did give the impression that he didn't really know what he was doing and had the pony not been so well behaved this might have been a problem.

There weren't many animals in the courtyard and the pig looked really dirty, This could just be because he was old but I do remember commenting on him.

Overall I think this is a great place to visit for an hour or more if you have lunch there. There are some improvements needed but I don't think it would take much to bring it right up to scratch!