“Spectacularly Different”

Characters Tea House and Hot Stone Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 211 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Characters Teahouse and Hot Stone Restaurant. A secret to be found. Tucked away in a side street we are not easy to find. But when you do you are in for a big surprise. We are different to say the least..You could say quirky and you would be right. Old second hand china, cups, saucers, plates, glasses, furniture etc all bought from charity shops and completely mismatched giving the place character and ambiance hence the name Characters. Food is wholesome and unpretentious ,soups, sandwiches, hand made cakes & scones of different flavours forming the basis of our now famous Afternoon Tea. Accompanied by proper loose leaf tea & coffee of your choice we are open daytime 11am to 4pm Monday to Saturday. In the evening Friday & Saturday serving from 6.30pm to 8.00pm our also famous "Steak on the Stone" Accompanied by "Bring your Own" wine, beer or champagne. Whenever you decide to visit you will be greeted with a big welcome from the staff & management of this lovely family run restaurant..hopefully see you soon. Characters Team
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were recommended by the owners of Lauriston Hotel for lunch , and we were not disappointed . Good choice of food fair prices and very friendly staff . Everything from the décor to the cutlery is quirky but not in a bad way , defiantly worth a visit !

1  Thank Frank D
There are newer reviews for Characters Tea House and Hot Stone Restaurant

Reviewed June 17, 2014

My daughter in law booked Characters for my husbands birthday meal . Characters was great from start to finish . we were welcomed as soon as we entered. The whole experience was was superb . Wasn't too sure what to expect. The food was great ,i am not a big eater but ate all mine so did the rest of my family. would recommend Characters ,look forward to returning .

1  Thank BirminghamCaz
Reviewed June 9, 2014

A "Tea Shop" is not a place I normally frequent but what a little gem this is!
Something for all ages and tastes.
You are welcomed as soon as you enter and are treated with the same courtesy and politeness, whether you are just having a drink or a full meal, throughout your stay.
I highly recommend it to young and old alike.
Bravo!

2  Thank stoney1961
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Booked characters on a Saturday night for my daughter's 21st, a family party with mixed ages, grandparents to a young nephew and niece. Characters were superb from start to finish running things smoothly in the background whilst we got on with the party. The food was great, the novelty of cooking your meat on hot stone provided great entertainment and since we took over the whole of the downstairs floor we felt as relaxed as if we were in our own home with none of the stress of catering for a large group. I would thoroughly recommend this for any family group. Special thank you to one of the staff who happily tried to teach us some Bollywood moves. Fantastic restaurant.

2  Thank Shar0nShaw
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Characters was recommended to my friend and I, we turned up on spec, and I have truly never experienced anything like it, the whole evening was exactly what was said to us, quirky and a little different, food great, people wonderful, I would highly recommend this place and it gets a 11/10 for Cheryl and Shelagh from Crewe, "Girls that know how to have fun".

1  Thank Shelah4817