“pet/wildlife friendly and sprinkled with customer excellence” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Headlands Hotel

Headlands Hotel
Ranked #35 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Gloucestershire
“pet/wildlife friendly and sprinkled with customer excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

A last minute decision to stay near Conwy for the half marathon took us to the most pet friendly place I have stayed. Buster was very welcome and enjoyed his sleep next to the radiator in our bedroom to prepare himself for his race support role. Nothing was too much trouble at Headlands - my request to deviate from the breakfast menu to set me up for the race was met with a willing smile. Ray even made a booking at a local italian restaurant for my traditional pre-race pasta meal. The hotel is immaculate and it was lovely to see the regular sea-birds visit the patio for their breakfast. Wonderful views of the bay and the resident greyhound very chilled out and also made us feel welcome. I recommend this unique hotel which is reasonably priced. It was nice to feel that my visit was valued by the owner.

Room Tip: Turrett room is split level so works well for a family, although a little small. Room has amazing v...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JFOW

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Haverhill, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I am astounded that this hotel has been awarded a 4 star rating from the Llandudno tourist board,and is highly regarded by tripadvisor.
Firstly the room...pubic hairs in the bath,bath grab handle comes off in your hand,shower runs red hot then freezing cold...i gave up trying to use it and opted for the bath (being careful with the grab handle of course). The bed was surely the most uncomfortable i have ever slept in,,having numerous lumps and bumps no vallance thus showing the bare bed base and ultimatley its age.Breakfast was poor(i'am almost lost for words),sausage was cremated despite being told all was cooked fresh.The owner was rude and sarcastic...a couple of items were left on the plate,,and he said 'if you don't want to eat it don't order it '. He was not interested when my other half showed him a fly doing the backstroke in her coffee....the cereal bowls were so small and could only just accomodate one weetabix (planned i'am sure)...my 13 year old stepson was not asked if he would like a drink with his breakfast (over 3 mornings)...when he plucked up the courage to ask for a hot chocolate this was met with a scowl followed by the owner leaving the restaurant...on his return he complained that he had been to room 26 in order to find a sachet of hot chocolate and seemed less than impressed....DON'T HAVE THE FRIED BREAD it's soggy and like rubber...youv'e been warned.
I hope your a sound sleeper..then you may not notice the owners huge greyhound howling most of the night...in short this is a very basic hotel with a rubbish breakfast and a very surly and rude owner THERE'S A LOT BETTER IN LLANDUDNO If you want evening meal it's only available from 7 to 7.30 (a joke)...also breakfast is only 8.30 to 9.15 Enjoy (probably not)

Room Tip: Don't bother wasting your money...rooms are basic
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank david c
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Best location in Llandudno. Looking out to sea, at the Promenade, towards Snowdonia and over the town. The people that run this place are lovely and so welcoming, friendly and decent. The interior is beautiful - beautiful big old staircase, stained windows, sumptuous sofas in the lounge, a little conservatory on the side and a big conservatory which extends the dining room so you can eat while taking in the spectacular view. The view at night is just as good as the daytime. There is home cooked food in the evening but you need to order in advance as it is not meant to be a restaurant I don't think. The rooms are so nice - clean, well equipped, fresh and up to date with flat screen tvs, phones, spotless bathrooms, beautiful, tasteful decor and attractive furniture which compliments the surroundings. The proprietors welcome well behaved dogs too which has been great as I wanted to bring my little chap away with me. The good location means you can turn left out of the hotel in to the gardens/park by the Orme and cable car station with the Happy Gardens just near by (I think that's what they are called but its a great spot). The chap, his wife and super daughter are all very nice people with exceptional people skills and perfectly friendly and chatty. I just can't believe I 'dropped on' so well with this. It's just a a couple of mins walk down to the best restaurants and pubs and beach. My only warning is that this hotel is at the end of a steepish road which may not appeal or be suitable to everyone but if you can manage the hike, the pros far outweigh the cons.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank gastronaut2010
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

The whole idea of having a Saturday night away is to chill out and not have to be up at the crack of dawn to have breakfast by 9am then have to rush like a madman to check out by 10am !!!!!.....come on guys...cut us people some slack as we are up all week by 6am and don't want to be rushing around on a day off,,,,,so on that note we wont be staying again,,,,,,Gary & Sue Richards.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Gary194848
Wrexham, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Arranged a one night weekend stay at Headlands for my husbands birthday treat. Location perfect for exploring LLANDUDNO, VIEWS BEST WE HAVE HAD ANY WHERE, accommodation spacious, clean,warm, welcoming and the hotel has so much character.Really felt at home and breakfast was superb. This was the first time we had taken our two old English dogs to a hotel and when they state they are a pet friendly hotel they really mean it. A lot of places don't mind little dogs, but our dogs are big and bouncy so it was fantastic to find somewhere so dog friendly but also an excellent hotel to visit even without the dogs. The goodie bag to take home was a nice touch, we will definately back.

Room Tip: If you can't manage stairs ask for a low floor room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Christina J
Rugeley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

myself and dave booked a weekend at the headlands hotel in Llandudno last wkd.
We booked a seaview which had probably the best views in Llandudno,the room itself was lovely, it was like stepping back into the victorian era.
The staff were all very friendly,breakfast was fresh and hot,the icing on the cake for us though,was that they were genuinely dog friendly,our little dog toby was welcomed as much as we were and he was allowed everywhere except the dining room for obvious reasons.
The owners have a resident dog...charlie, whom you can even take for walkies yourself (if he can peel himself from the cosy bar area) We really felt welcome,without having to worry too much about taking toby...we even had a goody bag to take with us for the journey home which contained homemade flapjacks(which were delicious) bottled water and a chew for toby.
we have visited 4 or 5 hotels in Landudno but the headlands is by far the best,will definately be our first choice in future,fingers crossed that they have vacancies when we do return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sharon M
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My friend and I stayed in this listed building for our first four nights in Wales after a very long trip from California. I was glad that I spent extra for the room with the view (not only do you get a fabulous view but a bit more living space). The view was extra appreciated since I woke early every day (5am). I could sit in the bay window with a cup of tea and enjoy looking out each morning until breakfast.

Be aware that there is a good steep walk up and down from town (fine for my friend and I - truly steep though). Headlands is amazingly located for the cable or tram up the Great Orme (my favorite part of Llandudno) and a bit of a parkland behind the hotel with views across to the little Orme.

Breakfast room also has the amazing view and they switch seating locations to give everyone a chance at the best part of the view (I was impressed at the thoughfulness of this). Food - outstanding! I'm a vegetarian and there were amazing substitute breakfast foods for me, way more than I expected (or needed). I was rather spoiled for the rest of the trip!

Room Tip: If you are staying several nights (as we were), spend the bit more for the rooms with a view. The r...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends