TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,246 results
All reviews bit dated kippers plenty of choice a sea view room short break pier stan singer orme prom
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good food choice/ amounts plus very flexible meal times and varied entertainment.
Building like lots of old hotels needs refurbishment in some areas- beautiful in most used communal areas.
STAFF FIRST CLASS. So helpful courteous and pleasant from the minute we walked in- taking our cases to rooms etc
My allocated room was so hot ( friends who I’m with like the warmth throughout the hotel but I can’t cope!) No fans available despite their best efforts and window due to safety regs only opened 3 inches- I was on a top floor. Explained to Head Receptionist the following morning my problem and she organised another room, arranged with Head Housekeeper for my belongings to be moved to new room while I was out on an excursion. So efficiently dealt with within minutes.
My belongings perfectly placed when I returned.
Such excellent staff service- better than some expensive hotels I’ve stayed in.
Listening into guests requests:problems it’s the norm for ‘ nothing to be too much trouble’ from the staff team.
Highly recommended.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Kim R
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I am annoyed with myself for not believing that a hotel can charge £100 + a night and be so terrible. The room was filthy dirty, and so outdated. The dust was thick. The bathroom especially was disgusting with vomit up the tiles and dirty, mouldy grout. 1st night I hardly slept as the bed was so lumpy the next morning we discussed going home, we were booked in for 2 nights. We asked at reception for the mattress to be changed, it was, for one too small for the bed, but it was marginally more comfortable and clean which the previous one was most definately not, we realised when the mattress was changed, we decided to stay despite everything else. The mirror for example was too far up the wall to see in when you sat on the dressing table stool, TV only got a signal on a couple of channels and that was if you stood in the right place! I couldn't eat breakfast the first morning as the restaurant and the waiting staff were pretty dirty and the food was being doled out off a filthy buffet. Bread for toast was just piled high next to toasters for any one to maul before you got to it etc etc! I tried to stomach some cornflakes but the 'cold' milk was warm from standing next to the huge trays of hot food, I was feared to eat it. The 2nd morning I thought I might try a boiled egg as it would be pretty hard for that to be contaminated. It was very under done so I asked a 'chef' to cook me a harder one, he was very cross about the request, just scowled and grabbed the offending egg and never came back again. There were a lot of waiting staff, why the buffet has to be help yourself is beyond me. As I wasn't busy eating, I sat and watched some of the customers, and staff too by the way, piling enormous quantities of food on their plates, often in not a very hygienic fashion, replacing stuff in the serving trays etc and I am convinced that it would be more economical to do a manned buffet with a few of the waiting staff serving? As an example, several guests had full English x about 3, with fried, scrambled and boiled eggs! I can't believe anyone would behave like that if the food was being served. I felt sorry for the staff, in scruffy uniform, trying to do the right thing by the guests and being cheerful. But they obviously had no training, or at least none that had sunk in! During our stay we didn't see a duty manager and laughingly, when we asked for a comment form on our departure the receptionist looked a little flustered and appeared with a sheet of paper, an envelope and a pen! Don't leave the comment box suggesting guests put their form in it if you can't provide the form! Oh and if you, like me, are daft enough not to believe all the dreadful reviews and you are unfortunate enough to be in 407, laughingly described as a premier room. I wouldn't risk the filthy balcony, however inviting the tatty plastic chair or the bedroom stool look out there.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sian S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a triple room for myself, mum and daughter, the bathroom was terrible, mould in all the seals ect and very basic. The beds were even worst rock hard mattress with paper thin pillows. The whole place is dated and suited to elderly clients. The all you can eat restaurant options prove that. You can hear every movement in the hotel, hallways and rooms either side or above and below you.
At 11.15 there was horrendous noise coming from a room close by, there was no phone in the room so I had to get dressed to go to reception. I could go on, I won’t be returning here which is a shame I visit Llandudno every other weekend.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my 3-night stay while doing some walking along the coast and in Snowdonia. My room on the 4th floor was bright, warm and comfortable, and had a lovely view across the bay. And it was terrific value for money.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2019 via mobile

Rooms very dirty never cleaned walls got mould meals where always cold lifts never worked only one lift worked the hotel was disgustingly dirty we booked through majestic coaches driver was very good never a bother always on time to take us places it was just the hotel that let holiday down

Trip type: Traveled with friends