The Grand Hotel - Llandudno
Agoda.com
$281
$264
Agoda.com
The Broadway Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
$53
$95
$93
$101
1,954 results
All reviewsnational holidaysbit datedplenty of choicea sea view roomshort breakstansingerormeprom
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Okay, ordinlary I would have given this type of hotel a 1 star, but my change of heart is the fact that it was my parents 50th wedding anniversary, and the hotel was our destination. I must admit I had doubts, dirty room etc, but actually it was basic accomodation and very clean. If you're looking for a romantic weekend then if you're over 50 it's the place for you.

The staff are very good and attentive, a lot better than some 5 star hotels I've stopped at. The hotel owners Britannia are still running this in the Butlins/Pontins form of entertainment with no clear investment into the property. If they did itwould be even more of a gold mine given the location of the hotel.

There's no parking here but public very local 500 yards down the road if you can find a space £3 from 8am to 6pm, then £1.10 until 10am the next day.

If you're looking for your next 70's weekend and I mean age, then you'll like the Butlins style of entertainment. I suspect I'll be back when I'm 70 watching a Wham or Sigue Sigue Sputnik tribute band.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2012

just celebrated my 40th birthday at the grand hotel. a group of us went, with age range 7 to 76, and what a fantastic time we all had! The hotel is splendid, our room overlooked the beautiful bay and was spotlessly clean, the staff couldnt do enough for us and even took the trouble to find out whos birthday it was and brought us a complimentary bottle of bubbly to the dinner table. the food was fantastic with a great choice. i would recommend this hotel and will deffinately be returning. thankyou to the Grand for a Grand stay!!

Room Tip: a sea view room is an absolute treat.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed at the Grand for the Motown Weekend. Really enjoyed the weekend. All the staff are very helpful and friendly. The motown entertainment has been better in recent years, but the atmosphere is great, which made up for it a bit. The karaoke in the other bar from 11pm is good fun. Shaun the Karaoke DJ was great, he got everybody joining in the fun and he is a credit to the hotel (should give him a salary increase to make sure he stays). The karaoke singers were of a very high quality this year - ha ha.

Accommodation was fine, a standard room with a balcony. Cosy enough.

Will definitely go again next year, or may even try the 60's weekend as well. Very homely hotel. Good food and friendly people - what more can you want on a fun weekend away from home.

Room Tip: Best rooms are premier rooms - had one last year with jacuzzi and two rooms - really comfortable and you also get to eat in the premier restaurant.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Patty3073
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Those people who have written good reviews on here must have stayed in a premier room My room was 514 on the fifth floor which in my view should be condemed The corridor was unsafe loose floorboards covered by loose carpet not been hoovered for sometime This is also where they store all the cleaning trollies and hoovers (nice welcome when approaching your room) My room was disgusting It had ancient furniture, grubby peeling woodchip that had what i hope was spit all down it at the side of my bed Windows were filthy there were rusty pipes all round the room and in the bathroom The bath leaked into the room below They accused me of not putting the curtain in the bath while i showered (cheek) but when i pointed out there was no grout on the curve of the bath the guy grouted it later on ..... problem solved
I complained only to be told No refund No room change Next day i am in reception and a guy complained only to be told they were very sorry and would sort out a refund for him I felt this was because i am a female and a senior citizen I dont usually complain but this was so awful I felt i had to make a point Tried 5 times to no avail
While i think about it DONT BOOK WITH BOOKINGS .COM because you dont get the same deal as booking with The Grand (they really should change the name) You pay the same room rate but dont get the evening meal included While we were there there was an infection and Anti Bac was put out everywhere ..... nice

Room Tip: Dont bother Choose somewhere else unless you pay premier rates
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank honestupfrontgal
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We came here several years ago and it was a little tatty then, now it is definitely worse. The staff were all lovely but the place is in a desperate need of refurbishment .. a very costly thing I'm sure but if not done, then it'll crumble into the sea ! Great location and, as mentioned, great staff though !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends