2,076 results
All reviews national holidays bit dated kippers plenty of choice a sea view room short break pier stan singer prom
Reviewed March 23, 2012

This hotel could be fabulous, in a stunning place and an imposing building BUT sadly it's so in need of a complete refurbishment. Rooms are very small and not very clean and the whole building is in great need forf a total refurbishment, grubby and jaded. Dinner was ghastly. The so called "Carvery" proved to be dishes of indifferent meat pre-cut and re-heated with overcooked pre frozen vegetables and disgusting desserts. Any resemblance to a carvery is purely co=incidental Avoid this disaster

Room tip: Sea view rooms are larger and nicer, side view rooms are tiny and uncomfortable
Date of stay: October 2011
2  Thank ronsann
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Room was spot on with sea view.Noisy at evening as was on 1st.floor above entertainment.but great food,shows well put together,reasonable priced drink.and good friendly staff made a very pleasant stay.More positives compared to the Scarborough Grand and Llandudno is such a clean town to visit, a good base for exploring north wales and a good family reunion was had.

Room tip: Pay the extra and get a sea view premier room.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank comet73
Reviewed March 20, 2012

i also read the reviews we had booked for a 4 night stay and was worried but on arriving found the staff helpful very friendly. The room was clean and we had a lovely view . the food was excellent and plentiful we enjoyed both the breakfast and dinner with a good range of dishes to chose from. Shaun and his girls were brilliant entertainment also Doug and Steve with his magic guitar. The car parking was not a problem. I would like to mention the duty night manager was very helpful.
We found the hotel very clean cosy and quiet and would definately stay again.

Room tip: ask for a sea view although we were in room 133 and had a lovely view of the great orme and also a sideways view of the sea and llandudno pier which was lit up at night.
1  Thank Peter T
AnnaElliebb, General Manager at The Grand Hotel - Llandudno, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel; it is much appreciated.

I like to think my staff are always helpful and friendly. It is usually when a guest asks for something they cannot have that they report the staff as being rude or unhelpful. My staff do as instructed at all times and do not have the autonomy to make some decisions which occasionally does upset guests.

So glad you liked the food; I will pass on your kind comments to the Head Chef (who incidently got in trouble for the earlier bad review about the breakfast) so he will be pleased to see the favouable reviews about his food.

The Entertainment staff will be chuffed to bits to read your comments; they work very hard, as do Steve and Doug.

The Night Manager in question is Paul (who I am covering for as I sit here at 11pm so he can go and see Everton, and he supports Blackburn, work that one out !!)

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Wasn't sure what to expect after reading other reviews, but were pleasantly surprised.The reception staff were very welcoming,and friendly.The room we stayed in on the 5th floor, came with a lovely sea view,which was a surprise as we hadn't booked a room with a sea view.Very clean, cosy and quiet. Breakfast was lovely and unlike the Grand at Scarborough was better organised as we were shown to our table and seated.Will use this Hotel again.
Elaine and Graham (Derbyshire)

1  Thank Elaine S

Thank you so much Elaine and Graham for the positive comments re. the Grand in Llandudno.

So glad you had a lovely time here in Llandudno. Some fabulous views to be had from the 5th floor, overlooking Llandudno Bay and the rooms are lovely and quiet (unless you hear the seagulls squabbling).
I will pass on your kind comments to the Reception and Restaurant staff.

Thanks again.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Before my wife and I went, I looked at some reviews and one that stood out said that the food was like school food. Well, all I can say is he must have led a very sheltered life. We were there for 4 nights and every night, the food was very good. Far better than I get on board. I am captain of a container ship. Ok, there was a bit of a problem with creaking floor boards, but she is over 110. I expect to be a bit creaky at that age. Loved the place.

Date of stay: March 2012

Thank you so much for the lovely comments about our hotel. I am so pleased that you did not let the negative reviews stop you from visiting the hotel. I can understand varying comments about the rooms as we have 168 bedrooms of all size, shape and decor.
However, I do find it strange that the comments about our food are so diverse; what one guest loves another hates. I suppose we all have different expectations and I am only happy that we met your expectations on this occasions.
Yes the old girl creaks with age; much the same as her boss !!