2,029 results
All reviewsbuffet stylenational holidaysbit datedplenty of choicea sea view roomshort breakgreat weekendstanpiersingerprom
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Excellent location (I have fallen in love with Llandudno :o))
Vibrant town 5 min away, pier and garden to have a stroll, hills for more serious walking
Bedroom with stunning views of the bay and mountains (well worth paying the extra £5 pp per night)
Excellent staff: always pleasant and answering patiently my "beginners" questions
Excellent food (well, too many temptations really, had to ration myself!)
Mostly good entertainment (sometimes a bit too loud)
Friendly atmosphere and pleasant guests. I wonder whether the hotel/entertainment staff could do a little more to help shy single guests to get to know other people.

Overall, a revelation that Christmas can be stressfree and enjoyable!

Room Tip: Pay extra for a sea view, ask for a room with a bath.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
AnnaElliebb, General Manager at The Grand Hotel - Llandudno, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2012

I am so glad you enjoyed your first Christmas away from home with us here in Llandudno. It is a lovely review from a lovely lady and I am only glad to hear you encountered friendly guests and staff throughout your stay.
We don't mind answering 'beginners' questions as hopefully it will lead to you being a 'regular' to the Grand.
Thanks again for the feedback.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

my friend and i went into premium room for 5 days over christmas. certainly wont be going back there again. i am profoundly deaf. there was no simple basic needs met there, television had no subtitles. this had been promised when the booking was made. my life was at risk as there was no flashing light for fire alarms. staff upon arrival was surly. we had to wait for 3 hours before being able to go into our room. lift broke down there was queues of wheelchairs trying to get back to their rooms. imagine if there was a fire. the left still not been repaired when we left. only the chef was pleasant. the male vocalist on our last night was good to listen to, i believe. our room was too warm. we left with thumping headaches and stuffed noses. windows filthy. sorry grand you were old and faded. time to be updated or retire before u kill someone.

Room Tip: go premium for the beautiful views. its worth it. seeing the sun rise.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Shelagh W
AnnaElliebb, General Manager at The Grand Hotel - Llandudno, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2012

Whomever made the reservation failed to mention the lady was profoundly deaf so I admit we were not fully prepared. My staff are not normally surly but if this was the case on this occasion I apologise profusely.I have since ordered 3 Teletext t.v's so we will hopefully not have this problem again.
The booking comments did state the lady was disabled; she was therefore allocated a room near the lift. Reception have a list of guests who require assistance in the unlikely event of the fire alarm sounding and this lady was on the list. Plus she was sharing a room with a friend who would have been able to hear the alarms (the alarms are very loud and there is one in every bedroom).
The 2nd lift did fail on Christmas Eve but we are at the mercy of contractors who said it needed a part. As anyone knows, the lifts cannot be used in the event of the fire alarm sounding and to be honest I think we managed very well with one lift over a very busy period.
A simple request at Reception to turn off the radiators would have been sufficient to reduce the temperature in the bedroom because it was, unlike last year, remarkably warm over the Festive period.
I can assure anyone reading this review it is not our intention to kill anyone and to be honest I am offended at the accusation as we take the health and safety of our guests very seriously.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

We normally stay at the Imperial or George between Xmas and New Year but they are now asking daft prices, so chose the Grand as they did a really good deal and teenage daughter and friend wanted to come with us so it meant we needed 2 rooms which was just too pricey at the other 2 hotels. I asked for rooms with a sea view and we were not disappointed. As we booked last minute my husband and I were given a family room which was brilliant and had a little sitting room overlooking the bay. The girls had a smaller room but again a brilliant sea view. Dinner was fine for the money paid and each room got a bottle of wine which was drinkable. There was entertainment if you wanted it, we all thoroughly enjoyed bingo but as we are inexperienced at this we didn't take pens, but not too worry, after a lot of rustling in handbags everyone around took pity and we were soon sorted! A real holiday atmosphere with all guests chatting with each other. The hotel is a little jaded and not as posh as I am used to if I am honest, but I would stay again any time. A real gem of a hotel that is affordable for families. Well done the Grand.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank climmo

Thank you for your review. We are not posh like the Imperial or the George but like the reviewer has stated we offer great value for money. If anyone is looking for a clean and comfortable hotel at a reasonable price for this time of the year we are the one to go for.
It quite amused me to think of you joining in with the bingo; I am only sorry you didn't get to shout House !! Hopefully we will see you again !

Reviewed December 27, 2011

We had a great sea view from our room which we paid extra for but worth it but the rest of our stay was weird. We were on Dinner, Bed and Breakfast plus cabaret. We went down to dinner and were greeted by a member of staff who insisted that we had to have anti bacterial spray on our hands before we could enter the dining room (the same thing happened at breakfast - what is this all about?) The buffet food on offer was of the 1950s school dinner variety and the cabaret consisted of two singers and two dancers singing naff Christmassy songs. Not a good experience.......

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the Entertainment
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank chorltongirl187069
AnnaElliebb, General Manager at The Grand Hotel - Llandudno, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2012

I am least pleased to read that you had a great sea view.

What I find weird is that the booking was made for Cabaret Dinner and Breakfast and they find it weird that they had Cabaret !! Yes the entertainment was festive but they did stay over the festive period and Christmas songs are naff. I have never heard a Christmas song yet that isn't a bit naff but that's Christmas for you.

The anti bacterial gel is used as a sanitizer before entering the restaurant to prevent guests who have contracted any bugs or viruses from passing them to other guests.

I feel we are acting responsibly by looking after the interests of our guests.

Reviewed December 23, 2011

nice hotel,excellent local on the edge of the great orme.sea views from some rooms,nice clean hotel,plenty staff on hand,nice rooms,nice ballroom,some good entertainment,a good nights sleep.had good weather for the time of year dec 2011.great offers for the new year.two bars.special offer on at the moment for weddings packages.couldnt find anything wrong with this hotel.excellent all rounde rwill stay again and would recommend to anyone..good evening meals.,breakfast good choice.eggs and sausage a bit hard but what do you expect catering for about 150 or more guests.and we did go down about 9am.lifts to all floors.tis is an old building with original features,my advise is to get the chair on the balcony and relax,take in the views they dont get any better

Room Tip: ask for SEA VIEW its worth the little extra.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

What a fabulous review; You have certainly summed up the hotel in a few short sentances and we usually cater for 300+ guests at breakfast so I don't think we do too bad. I will pass your comments on to the chef about the sausages.
I think I may even take your advice and get a chair and sit on the balcony as there is not much of a view from my office !!