The Grand Hotel - Llandudno
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
St. George's Hotel(Llandudno)
$180
$167
$477
$335
Agoda.com
$202
$197
The Broadway Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
$105
$143
$133
Priceline
  • Beachfront
The Clontarf Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
$126
$128
Tynedale Hotel(Llandudno)
$202
1,943 results
All reviewsnational holidaysbit datedplenty of choicea sea view roomshort breakstansingerormeprom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Firstly i`m going to start with the positives. The hotel is in a fantastic location with i would imagine probably the best views in Llandudno. The staff are all friendly and very helpful and you can tell that at one time this would have been a lovely place to stay. Now unfortunately it is far from lovely. We did hear lots of people who were returning to the hotel and so for them it must still be good but for us it was very poor and i couldn't wait to come home. We had a very badly leaking radiator in our room which was obviously going to cause damage to the room below, but after reporting it to reception no one came to fix it. The hotel corridors are very depressing and reminded me of our local aged infirmary which is being closed down (perhaps it was the green colour, the filthy windows or the squeaky floors not sure which). Our evening meal was edible but there was very little choice and the presentation of the buffet area was poor it felt like school dinners. There were amusing interludes when your relaxing meal was interrupted by a tanoy announcing that bingo tickets were on sale. Breakfast really was poor and i had to leave mine. I know this is only a 2 star hotel but it seemed they had sourced the cheapest ingredients possible. The sausage may have had some meat in it somewhere but cereal seemed to be its main component, the bacon was tasteless and my husband didn't even attempt the eggs as they looked so dried out. We were eating in the premier dining room so i dread to think what the main restaurant was like. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable but the whole hotel needs a seruious input of cash if it is ever to improve. It made our recent stays in Travelodges look grand. Perhaps we were expecting too much and like i said some guests like it because they return but for us it was the worst hotel we have ever stayed in(uk & abroad).

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend upgrading to a premier room as ours was premier and nothing special apart from the view so i would think the standard rooms would be poor.
1  Thank von2207
AnnaElliebb, General Manager at The Grand Hotel - Llandudno, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

The radiator was seen by a member of maintenance but unfortunately it could not be repaired by the in-house staff. We had to therefore call an outside Company but the response time is not always as quick as we would like on a weekend.
The hotel is over 100 yrs old and yes the corridors are not modern and bright like a purpose built Travelodge but I think this adds character to the building.
We normally receive praise for our dinner and breakfast but on this ocasion we must have fallen short of our normal standard so for this I apologize.
I do think £79 per room, for D B & B inclusive of a complimentary bottle of wine and Entertainment we offer amazing value for money.
The hotel has a lot of repeat business but on this occasion it appears we have not won this lady round.

However, thank you so much for the positive comments about my staff.

Reviewed October 22, 2011

Yes the hotel is dated, but it is very comfortable, and location is excellent.

I was a little confused as to what sort of room I had booked. I was told on booking that if I paid extra I would be given three premier rooms with a higher standard sea view and premier dinning. I asked what was the top grade rooms, with the premier dinning. I was then told of a room that sounded much better. I booked Three of these rooms one double and two singles which I agreed on. I never received a confirmation of my booking, and did ring the booking office, but still never received the booking confirmation. When we finally got our rooms at 4.00 the two singles where not even premier. But in all fairness to the rooms they are clean with double beds, and the most amazing sea views. The double was a premier room small basic and was far from a higher specification. Not sure what went wrong with my booking, but I did not get what I booked. If you are lucky enough to receive a confirmation, I would it check carefully. What I cannot praise enough, is the chef we had in the premier restaurant. I am Gluten Free, I asked him what I could eat. Within five minutes he had made me a wonderful veg soup, then when it came to the carvery, he again rustled me up the most delicious gravy to accompany my meal (never had gravy in five years so it was a real treat)

Room Tip: Check your booking confirmation if you get one
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

It sounds very much like your booking was made with our Central Booking Office but without knowing more details I cannot comment on the actual reservations.
I am happy however to hear the rooms were clean, comfortable and with a great sea view.
The Chef tries very hard to accommodate all diets and I am so pleased on this occasion he managed to accommodate you. You will have to ask him for the gravy recipe !!
It sounds like you had a good break and the food was good in the Premier Restaurant.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

I stayed at the Grand Hotel Llandudno 10-14 October and had a brilliant time. I paid extra for a sea-view room and wasn't disappointed. The room itself was immaculate and very well equipped, the bathroom having a French window out onto a balcony facing the bay.
The hotel staff cannot do enough for you. The food is buffet style and excellent and plentiful for both breakfast and evening meal. The entertainment is very good, running from 7.30pm each evening and a varied programme each night.
This was my first solo holiday-a much needed break from being a full-time carer- and whilst it was a little strange being on my own, I really enjoyed being looked after and taken out each day on the coach.
I couldn't fault the Grand Hotel in any way.

Room Tip: Rooms at the 'back' of the hotel face on to the bay and the sunrises are wonderful
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank enaid46
AnnaElliebb, General Manager at The Grand Hotel - Llandudno, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

Thank you so much for your fabulous review of your holiday here at the Grand Hotel.
It sounds like you had a great time and made full use of the hotel facilities and I am loving your photograph of the sunrise over Llandudno Bay.
Hopefully we will see you again sometime in the future.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

just stayed in this hotel with the mrs sun to tues , we were shown the room it was small and dated , we have stayed here before on the minus 1 level and these rooms are nice with moden tv, jaccuzi bath and sofa lounge area with seperate tv,s, the room we had this time was on the 3rd floor with sea view that was the only good feature with this room, the curtains had come off hooks , the tv was a 20year old 14 inch portable, the bathroom had not seen any update for 10 years or more, there was a howling wind noise from behind the toilet if we opened the balcony door, the hangers in the wardrobe 6 in total were the flimsiest smallet plastic things i have ever seen, we asked for a change of rooms to the ones we have stayed in before but they had all gone, we decided to make the most of it , and asked for a iron to be sent up to the room to re press our clothes to go out for a meal to the indian nearby, we returned to room 6 hours later to get ready to go out and you guessed it NO IRON ahhh,the good points to the hotel are they have nice bar areas and good entertainment on most nights and the breakfast is good and plentiful, didnt sample the evening dinner so cant comment on that, you are near the main attractions, and the orme which we love and the pier is right in front of the hotel, sorry needs updating and splash of paint to keep guests happy and returning to this once wonderful hotel. would only stay here as a walk in booking to ensure we get the room we like next time!!!!! runcorn couple.

2  Thank stephen k
AnnaElliebb, General Manager at The Grand Hotel - Llandudno, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately it is not always possible to allocate the lower ground rooms as they are very popular.
This booking was for a double room but the lower ground rooms are family rooms and are allocated on the basis of who has booked early, what type of room has been reserved and the rate paid.
I can only apologise that the iron was not delivered to your room; the weather was atrocious on Sunday evening which may have contributed to the 'howling wind noise'
Thank you for your kind comments about the entertainment and breakfast.

Reviewed October 15, 2011

it is the best hotel in llandudno i have stayed in,Ive used about 50 before,the views from our room {524}were breath taking,good central position,parking good,room excellent,staff could not do enough for us,i had a late deal off laterooms .com and was worried about the deal i was offered as a very competitive price ,i shouldn't have being,it was excellent.the breakfast was fit for a king and queen ,entertainment was topnotch entertainment was ,cliff Richard double who must have being good as my wife to be thought it was him god bless her i will get her eyes checked when we get home ,a real jewel in the crown sat on top of a jewel in the crown still one of the best many thanks

Room Tip: ask for rooms over looking the bay you wont be disappointed
1  Thank congylad

Thank you so much for your fab review. I am so glad you had a good weekend.
In your wife's defence; the Cliff Richard tribute was an excellent act and even when I spoke to him personally at the Front Desk he sounded like Cliff Richard. He even brought 'Hank Marvin' with him and the feedback I received from all the guests about him and the Diana Ross tribute was excellent.