2,029 results
All reviewsbuffet stylenational holidaysbit datedplenty of choicea sea view roomshort breakgreat weekendstanpiersingerprom
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Good food,staff very pleasant and helpful especially Duncan,the rooms could do with updating as with all Britannia hotels they are tired and dated,you get what you pay for

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
AnnaElliebb, General Manager at The Grand Hotel - Llandudno, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

So happy to hear you had a nice break with us here at the Grand Hotel. I will pass your comments on to Duncan who will be very pleased to hear your kind comments about him.
It is true that the bedrooms would benefit from some refurbishment but hopefully we offer a clean and tidy environment for you to enjoy your short break.
We are so busy at all times that it is sometimes difficult to put aside time for bedroom decoration but we do try to offer a good value for money break.

Reviewed September 10, 2011

This 'grand,' building is very impressive and in view of the number of rooms and guests provides really good value for money. Will certainly be going back for another break

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
AnnaElliebb, General Manager at The Grand Hotel - Llandudno, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2011

Please to hear you enjoyed your break here at the Grand Hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future for more of same.

Reviewed September 8, 2011

Our stay at the Grand Hotel was brilliant, you didnt really need to go from the hotel if you didnt want to, it has everything on site. Had a lovely sea view room with a balcony, the room smelt fresh and clean and was very comfortable. Staff were excellent and couldnt do enough to make sure you enjoyed your stay even though it was extremely busy. Keep up the good work, we will defiantely be back and will be recommending to our friends and family .

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
AnnaElliebb, General Manager at The Grand Hotel - Llandudno, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2011

Thank you so much from all the staff at the Grand for the fantastic review. It sounds like you had a fab holiday so we look forward to you returning for more of the same.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

were not looking forward to our stay due to the reviews we had read on trip advisor .but this was not true as it was clean comfortable good food, good value for money .staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: ask for room with a view not a courtyard
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
AnnaElliebb, General Manager at The Grand Hotel - Llandudno, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2011

So glad you enjoyed your short break with us here at the Grand Hotel.
Unfortunately some of the reviews are not always a true picture of the hotel as guests who are not happy for whatever reason are more likely to put a review on than someone who has had a good experience. Thank you for taking the time to put this review on as it is always helpful to future customers to get an overall picture of the hotel.
To put this in perspective we would receive approximately 2 or 3 complaints per month in which the hotel would have accommodated over 2000 guests.
I am so pleased the negative reviews did not deter you from visiting the hotel.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

Went with my 13 year old son, 54 year old brother and 79 year old father, staying for 3 nights over the August bank holiday 2011. Both my father and brother use mobility scooters. The hotel was not overwhelmed with scooter users, but was very scooter friendly and well thought out from a mobility point of view. Lifts to all floors.

Hotel must have been extremely grand in it's day. It's still a lovely hotel now if a little tired. The reception/dining/entertainment areas are clean, comfortable, spacious and nicely decorated. The bedrooms are not luxurious, having basic furnishings, but are more than adequate for a short break. I was really pleased with the beds which have mattress covers, and good quality bed linen. Fresh towels were supplied daily, nice quality bathing products. Complimentary bottle of wine was a nice touch, left in both our rooms. Our chambermaid was on hand each morning, and acted on any requests I made.

All staff I saw or engaged with, worked very hard to keep a very busy hotel, as tidy and pleasant as possible.

The Buffet breakfast was good value for money. The trays were constantly changed as soon as they became low, and if they did run out, it only took a couple of minutes for them to bring out more once they were made aware. Once again the staff worked very hard . They contantly cleared/re-laid tables as quickly as possible which meant the dining room was always tidy/pleasant for those lingering towards the end of meal times.

We didn't see much of the entertainment as my son found the Snooker Room!! However my father loved the "Sing-a-long" with Stan on Sunday night, and the singing we "overheard" from the cabarets seemed quite good, as were a couple of guitarists. Lovely ballroom with dance floor for those who know how to ballroom dance!

Really surprised with Llandudno itself, as I hadn't expected it to have been protected from over-development on the sea front. No shops other than the cast iron kiosks on the pier. Shops are restricted to the roads behind the main frontage, with a good selection of both High St names and individual browsing shops.

We found a good sports bar for the Wolves/Villa Match. A lovely cafe serving homemade food, fell in love with the Kelly's Cornish Ice-cream Kiosk on the pier and also Grumpy's old fashioned sweet shop.

There is a mobility shop in the town which rents out mobility scooters, and for a small charge will deliver them to your hotel, and also collect them following your departure. Very well organised.

Good crabbing (although a net is essential if you are to land the big ones).

Ideal area for walkers as there is plenty of countryside to explore, but also for those who struggle to walk or have mobility scooters as the Sea Front is very flat.

During our stay at the hotel, there was a mixture of all ages, from little ones right through to seniors, with the majority being between 40 and 60. Quite a few people we spoke with, had returned many times.

Only a couple of negatives for me: Personally, I struggle with the fact that pets are allowed in the bedrooms. Whilst I believe this is a great thing to do, I would wish for pets to be restricted to certain bedrooms so as to happily accommodate everyone. They may well do so, I'm not sure, best to ask if you have any concerns.

The other is the parking. There's a loading spot in front of the hotel, from there it's a case of finding a spot for that day, then moving it after 6:30 to a spot near the hotel There's an area with marked bays within 20 metres or so of the hotel charging £4.10 per day. Once you are parked, I believe it's a good idea to leave it and use other means of transport.

Overall, I would certainly recommend the Grand for a long weekend, intending to return in the near future for a weekend with my husband and son, as my son want's to challange his dad to a Snooker tournament!! As they do special entertainment weekends, we may well choose one of those.

Room Tip: Ask for a bathroom with an outside window.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank beckbury

It certainly sounds like you had a great holiday and found all that Llandudno and the hotel has to offer.
We do allow dogs in the hotel but I have to say that over the Bank Holiday weekend we had more than usual. Normally we would only have about two per month but I think the cost of £10 per break is a lot cheaper than kennels which may have had something to with it.
We have no control over the parking which can be frustrating at times but more so on a busy Bank Holiday weekend. We have a lot of repeat customers who always find ways around the parking situation such as arriving early in the day.
Thank you again for the positive comments regarding the restaurant and housekeeping.
Hopefully we will see you again sometime in the future.