The Grand Hotel - Llandudno
$335
Agoda.com
$202
$197
The Broadway Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
$105
Merrion Hotel(Llandudno)
$178
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
The Clontarf Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
$126
$128
Tynedale Hotel(Llandudno)
$202
1,943 results
All reviewsnational holidaysbit datedplenty of choicea sea view roomshort breakstansingerormeprom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Dropped my mum and her friend off for a 5 day break into a so called premier room as we were taken up into the lift and through the corridors I thought this place needs a complete makeover the carpets are very tired looking and so is the decor. The same feeling hit me when we went into the room, the framework on the windows needed a good scrubbing. Following the cattle market queuing system for the restaurant, and the total disappointment with the food, my mum and her friend went out to eat, and asked us to come and pick them up the next day as they were desperate to leave. They informed the staff of their grievances and were told nobody else has ever complained about the food. The pictures on the web-site make the hotel look gorgeous please renew them with the rooms as they are now, scruffy to say the least. Im sure that the duty manager would have solved everything though ha ha what a waste of £230 each for two pensioners.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank Philipwink
AnnaElliebb, General Manager at The Grand Hotel - Llandudno, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

This room departed the hotel because one of the ladies was disabled and both were were nearly blind. They were upset that we did not offer waiter service and felt unable to help each other and to be honest should really had someone with them to assist.
I actually spoke to them personally (as the Duty Manager !!) and offered them a discount on a future booking to the value of the forfeited amount.

Reviewed July 25, 2011

My friend and I stayed the beginning of July and enjoyed it very much. The service was good, no complaints, the room was perfect, balcony with a fantastic view, comfy beds and clean, plenty of tea, coffee available. The grand is the perfect location for all amenities,bus stops and shops. The food was brilliant and always hot. We enjoyed it that much we booked for next year before we left. Thanks to all the staff that made our holiday a pleasure.

Room Tip: get a superior room if u want a balcony with a lovely view.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mave23
AnnaElliebb, General Manager at The Grand Hotel - Llandudno, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2011

Thank you so much for your fabulous review of the Grand Hotel. Your review perfectly sums up what the hotel is about; great view, great location, good food and friendly staff.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

I've just returned from a weekend away with my partner at The Grand and I'm truly baffled and appalled by some of the reviews I've read! We had a fabulous break, room clean and airy, good food, really helpful nice staff and yes it does appeal to older people and so what? We are in our early 40's and loved the other guests, had fun on the karaoke, bar open till' late!! Will be rebooking for the Soul Weekend in September can't wait!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Tinacostello

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. It is heart warming to read postive comments about the age of our guests as we welome guests of all ages.
The karaoke will be waiting for your return visit in September.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

My wife,myself and the rest of the party were very pleased with our reception at the hotel.Everyone was satisfied with their rooms,the staff were excellent and attentive and the food was fine.A good choice,well cooked and as much as you wanted.I was concerned after I read some of the reviews of this hotel,but pleasantly suprised,and look forward to visiting again. D.Watkins

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank derekrwatkins

So very happy to see you were pleasantly surprised. The staff work hard to ensure you have a lovely holiday and positive feedback is a lovely gesture so thank you again.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

We booked this as a late break over a website, unfortunately if failed to state that there was no parking available at the hotel...only on street and a pay and display where you can't renew your ticket unless you move your car for an hour first! We asked at reception about the parking and they were not very helpful with other alternatives. Not only that we were staying there duing the triathalon weekend and by chance, we noticed a sign saying the road would be closed where we parked our car, so we had to be away by 10am, otherwise we couldn't go til 3pm. When asked reception about where else to park she wasn't helpful at all and then the 'muscle' stepped in to lean aggressively over the desk at my partner! Our room was very clean, but outdated and facing the skips with dirty windows, like all over the hotel, a bed like patato sacks and no shower or curtains in the bathroom. The upside was, that the breakfasts were very hot, not like some hotels where it's cold as soon as you get back to your table. In summary, we were very dissapointed as we hadn't paid that cheap a price for this hotel and it ended up costing us a parking ticket too, as I hurt my knee on the Great Orme and couldn't get back to the car on time!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shropshirejogger

Unfortunately the hotel and subsequently the reception staff cannot be held repsonsible for guest parking. We have a sign on reception stating the local parking charges.There were signs all over Llandudno stating the Orme would be closed from 10am for the Triathlon. Announcements were made throughout breakfast reminding guests that access to the pay and display would be restricted from 10am; guests are responsible for 'getting' to their car before their parking ticket expires.
We do have a small number of rooms that overlook the courtyard or back yard but the majority overlook the Gt. Orme or Llandudno Bay. It is always worth paying the sea view supplement of £10 per room per night or the Premier Sea View supplement of £20 per room per night.
I am delighted to read the comments about the 'hot' breakfast as the Catering staff have worked very hard in recent months to keep the standard high.