My girlfriend and I stayed at Burleigh House for 3 nights from Thursday 16th to Sunday. It was a 30th birthday trip - for me - and from the moment we approached the guest house from the promenade, I could tell that she'd made the right choice. Steve was sitting outside and was very welcoming from the minute we walked up to the front door.
The place is deceptively large; the front is quite small, like a townhouse but once we'd stepped inside it was like Doctor Who's Tardis. Our room was lovely, very spacious and well-equipped with all the amenities we've come to expect in the West, from and iPod docking station to boot polish in one of the drawers (and thankfully, no bible in any drawers).
Breakfast was delicious and prompt and everybody was given their own seperate table, even a couple of guests that were staying alone; so personal space was well-respected.
Steve and Julie themselves were incredibly accomodating and on hand to offer advice about local attractions; bars, sights, etc. Shortly after showing us to our room, Steve popped upstairs with a couple of bottles of Champagne for us to celebrate my birthday, I thought this was a really, really great gesture and immediately put us both at ease.
If we hadn't spent most of one of our days walking around the Great Orme, we may have had the energy to enjoy a proper drink in one of the pubs facing!
I can safely say that we'll be back. Most likely in the next few months as, having been to Llandudno all of my life, I've never felt as welcome and comfortable; Burleigh House was a great 'base of operations' from which to explore one of our favourite places in Wales.
David & Lauren
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In need of a relaxing break in comfortable, modern surroundings? Then Burleigh House is the place for you, just make that call to us direct and you'll receive an extremely warm and friendly welcome from your hosts, Steve and Julie. The superb accommodation, officially graded Four Star Guest House by Visit Wales, is in an perfect position which is overlooked by the rocky headland of the Great Orme and ideally situated in a central location convenient for holidaymakers, theatre goers and business people alike. With a rich array of shops, restaurants, bars and attractions throughout the year, Llandudno is undoubtedly one of the finest seaside resorts in the UK. All rooms are fresh, clean, well decorated with a modern feel and situated on the first and second floor. We have no lift and no ground floor rooms. Room facilities include a well stocked hospitality tray using Fairtrade products where possible, bottled water, toiletries, large bath sheets, TV/DVD/Freeview, Hairdryer, Radio/Clock alarm with iPOD dock. Free wireless internet is available throughout the house.We are happy to cater for all dietary requests including vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free.Please note that this non-smoking guest house cannot accommodate children under the age of 12. Burleigh House does not have private parking but 'free street parking' is available nearby. Steve and Julie are happy to advise on arrival.Come and see for yourself ...... REST - RELAX - RENEW ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Burleigh House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Burleigh House Hotel Llandudno
- Burleigh House Llandudno, Wales