“Pretty poor.”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I visited this café today with an old school friend for lunch. Premises seemed fine, We ordered a bacon & cheese toasted sandwich & a smoked salmon and cream cheese open sandwich. The toasted sandwich was ok, but salmon open sandwich was not. Bread was slimey , cream cheese and salmon just ok but why add tomato slices.??? not nice.
I ordered another coffee after our lunch but when it was brought to our table we were given our bill and the table was cleared by a VERY sour faced waitress, we were no longer welcome !!. We left very quickly and we will not return,

Heather C, Public Relations Manager at Habit Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Hi, thank you for taking time to review us, I'm horrified at with the experience you had on your visit with your friend. I can assure you we take all complaints seriously and try our best to ensure they don't happen again. We have spoken to our staff, and hopefully the issues you have raised have been dealt with. We don't put tomatoes on our Smoked Salmon so have confirmed that with our kitchen staff that not to put them on anymore, and have spoken to all waitress regarding service with a smile.
Thank you for your review and hopefully have resolved things.

karen

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Called in here for some lunch whilst exploring Llandudno, good atmosphere, fairly easy location to find. Appeared to be very popular with the older generation but the food was amazing.Nothing all singing and dancing just nice food. The puddings are fantasic, they have a large selection of cakes in the middle of the room which you can chose from. It is also very good value for money. It was half the price we paid the day before at a high street bistro.

Heather C, Public Relations Manager at Habit Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us, I’m so glad you enjoyed our food. (The older generation know where the good places are).We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to Llandudno. Thank you for a lovely review.
karen

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We have enjoyed eating at this venue in the past,and on this occasion the food was just as good.The menu is not too bad,varied but its Llandudno,its Mostyn Street,so its Not that cheap.But its ok.My steak and Kidney Pie,chips and peas was ok.my co-diner enjoyed a chicken and mashed potatoe with roasties and peas,lunch.Yumm too,by all accounts.The whole thing was only spoiled by the fact the two card mashines were not working so not taking card payments.DAM ANNOYING!.You only find this out when you go to pay at the till.the notice telling you they both dont work is stuck between both mashines at the tillpoint.Thats just BAD!.There should a BIG sign in the window,I think.We were dam annoyed!.

Hi, this is our third review from you, you must like us, and thank you it’s much appreciated. We have an extensive menu and you can come in just for a cup of tea or a full meal. Our prices are inline I think with most establishments of our calibre, our Roast Dinner is gorgeous and when it’s on our daily special board its only £6.95!! A fantastic price, fresh veg, homemade roast potatoes, and our roast meat is cooked and sliced at the habit.
On the situation regarding the card machine, this wasn’t due to us at all, it was an issue with Barclaycard. It does look like we have two terminals but infect it’s the same one but one section for us to use the other for the customer. We did have a notice up by the till and I’m sorry you didn’t see this, but it’s really not a problem as literally across the road, is a card machine at the bank.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Visited Llandudno for the day so my family and I once again ate in here! (My 2nd review of here having been 12 month before!). First a lovely freshly cooked lunch, then back for tea and cakes before driving home. Really nice freshly cooked food, we sat at table by the kitchen entrance so you can see frst hand how efficient the kitchen is run and unlike most places you can see your food freshly prepared!
However what stands out for us are the staff. Friendly, efficient, attentive, nothing too much trouble.I happened to drop my kinife on the floor, within literally seconds a replacement was on the table. When we came back for tea, some 4 hours after lunch 3 of the girls remembered us and asked us how our day was where had we been and that for me says it all, EXCELLENT! Top marks for food and service!! 5 STARS.

Heather C, Public Relations Manager at Habit Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

BRILLIANT!!
Thank you for taking the time to review us again.
Sitting by the kitchen is a great place to sit, our food comes out of our kitchens reasonably quickly and people think its all pre made, but it’s not, we make it as it’s ordered. Our staff has been with us for years so we have a good team. It’s lovely when customers come in for lunch and come back in again later, and I’m thrilled by the service you received.
This, like others is a fabulous review, we print them out and show the show all the staff. It’s a great way to feel appreciated and defiantly makes us proud.
Thank you!!!!

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I have eaten here many times over the last few months. The whole restaurant is open and airy not stuffy like someplaves, and not only is the service fast and from people that look like they actually enjoy thier job :). The food is fantastic probably one of the best places to get fish and chips from in llandudno. I can't think of anything to fault it.

Hi, lovely review thank you. Our fish and chips are lovely I have to agree. We use fresh cod from a local supplier, and we batter and cook it to order. It’s a firm favourite!!! We do enjoy our jobs here at the habit and I’m glad that comes across.
Hope to see you again!