“An extremely good and very friendly hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lynton House

and 1 more site!
Lynton House
Ranked #5 of 152 Llandudno B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“An extremely good and very friendly hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

I was booked into the Lynton House for two nights by the company with which I was working and I have to say I was very impressed (this was my third visit to Llandudno and by far the best of the three guest houses I've stayed in). The decor was very tasteful throughout with some nice touches and obvious care and attention taken and the location was good. The Lancastrian proprietors were very friendly and helpful, offering excellent Northern hospitality, with nothing seeming too much trouble and the breakfast was great, with the full cooked breakfast just enough (rather than overwhelming or sparse), fresh coffee in a cafetiere and a good selection of self service fruit and cereals. On the slight downside, the 'Small double' room lived up to its name - I was glad I was the only person staying in it - with no room in the tiny en suite shower room for the sink (which was opposite the en suite in the main room). The only other (fixable) things were issues with missing TV channels on the Freeview set (which was resolved) and the missing lock on the sash window, which I would have voiced concerns about had I noticed it before I was about to check out. That said, I would certainly return to this great hotel, especially if a slightly larger room was on offer.

Room Tip: Don't opt for a small double if you need space or there's more than one person staying.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank thestayer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Radcliffe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

Sheridan and Mark were excellent hosts. There was a very good choice for breakfast. The room was extremely comfortable and spotless. Very good value for money. Would recommend and will be staying again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Winsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for three nights and it was excellent as soon as we walked into the room we thought this is the hotel for us are room had 2 parts to it and the room had a very comfy 4 poster bed in it the tv had all the channels you need on it there was a honesty bar but people could probably just nick things from it because there were no staff monitoring it. Breakfast was excellent and there was just nothing to fault about it. STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!

Room Tip: all of the rooms are excellent
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Lancashire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Lynton in December. It's located at the pier end of Church Walks, so you're very close to the promenade, the tram station and the second-to-none Fish Tram Chips. Our room was very clean and serviced daily. The bathroom sported a jacuzzi bath, which was welcome after a long day walking on The Great Orme. However, there were a couple of gripes. The first one being the breakfast. The egg was a little bit 'snotty' and the sausage was the thinnest and most crooked thing that we'd ever seen and we didn't even get any beans, which is something that I've never come across with a cooked breakfast. As with my breakfast at the Lynton the day before, I asked for no mushrooms as I find them completely disgusting on a taste and visual basis. When my plate arrive, I had a generous heap of mushrooms. The sight and smell made me nauseous. Not one to make a fuss, I removed the mushrooms from my plate but this left the rest of the food swimming in mushroom 'juice'. I covered my food in brown sauce and salt to try to mask the smell and taste. I ate it holding my breath as I was so hungry. Another gripe is that it seemed a little bit impersonal compared to other guest houses that we've stayed in. I can't say that we'll be back. It just wasn't for us.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

Great location for exploring Llandudno, shopping etc. Very welcoming, friendly b and b. the bedrooms were clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated as were the dining room and lounge.Would definately stay here again. my only negative and it is only a tiny negative was the bathroom in room 11. it was slightly dated and small compared with the rest of the rooms

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

Friendly and welcoming. Great room - spacious & clean. Excellent breakfast. We will definitely be returning here. Thank you :)

• Stayed December 2011
Dolgellau, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

We have stayed in Llandudno many times but, this time, we decided to try a different B&B and chose Lynton House for a 2 night stay. We were not disappointed. Our, room, a twin, was not particularly spacious but was very well equipped, clean, comfortable and warm. Breakfast was plentiful and well cooked and it was good to find fresh fruit salad instead of the tinned variety which is so often offered. The staff were delightful, friendly and eager to help. A highly recommended B&B. The location is perfect, just off the prom but within walking distance of all that Llandudno has to offer. Well done!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family