“great”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2013

well after few years i returned to this restaurant,and omg its changed, use to be dated but now its nice ,clean ,and lovely food,great offers and friendly staff. the food was on the table within 10 min of ordering and tasty and plenty of it ,thanks crsaigside

There are newer reviews for Brewers Fayre Craigside Inn

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Went to the craigside recently with all my family, arrived early for tea (4.30)but still very busy, we had to split the group over two tables. Ordered our food and drink together, food arrived very promptly but no sign of the drinks, had to chase them a number of times. The food was good and very nice and hot. Had the same issue with puddings, all arrived but a mix up of the wrong pudding arriving caused major confusion with the staff, who struggled to be able to understand how to correct the mistake. The staff service was mixed, some members were fantastic and some were awful, no in between.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I visit this establishment quite often the food is reasonable and good, the staff are friendly and very helpful. I would recommend it if going to Llandudno via the coast road. It is also a premier lodge a good place to stay if going to the theatre.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We called here without booking but looked empty anyway. We had to wait an hour after ordering food for it to be served. The waitress made us feel as we shouldn't be there. My friend was given a dirty pudding plate and she polity showed the waitress. It was visible finger marks encrusted onto the inside of dish. Waitress looked at us disgustingly and after my friend apologised and asked for another one. Waitress snatched it away. Best bit was the manager at the end of meal asked if everything was ok. We explained about the dish and she just laughed with a oooh comment ! I found the staff so unprofessional regardless of the mediocre food I would never return because of the lack of customer service. We also had to replace some cutlery due to dried food on two forks. That was easy done as cutlery box on the side but I'm sure if I walked into kitchen to change the plate we would have been thrown out (wish we had when starters was served). We wasn't asking for price reduction just a clean plate ! That night there was 5 of us dining and 5 of us plus our bad reviews to other people certainly won't be calling again. Appalling service . Shame as it lovely location and nice atmosphere but service even more important than the food. Please retrain your female manager and the waitress. When I hear good reviews I'll stop telling everyone about ours

1  Thank DaisyflowerCamper
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I agree entirely with the two previous reviews. the setting is good, warm atmosphere, helpful and friendly staff. But the food....clearly mass produced and processed. I ordered the lamb shank. It looked unappetising with a pat of mashed potato and a couple of spoonfuls of cabbage in a small bowl (why?). I suspect it came in a bag which was then microwaved. The desserts were of the same ilk - mass produced types. We could have bought similar from the supermarket freezer. The decaff coffee was instant. Not a great meal.