“Never mind the food service was rotten”

Brewers Fayre Craigside Inn
Ranked #90 of 211 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We called here without booking but looked empty anyway. We had to wait an hour after ordering food for it to be served. The waitress made us feel as we shouldn't be there. My friend was given a dirty pudding plate and she polity showed the waitress. It was visible finger marks encrusted onto the inside of dish. Waitress looked at us disgustingly and after my friend apologised and asked for another one. Waitress snatched it away. Best bit was the manager at the end of meal asked if everything was ok. We explained about the dish and she just laughed with a oooh comment ! I found the staff so unprofessional regardless of the mediocre food I would never return because of the lack of customer service. We also had to replace some cutlery due to dried food on two forks. That was easy done as cutlery box on the side but I'm sure if I walked into kitchen to change the plate we would have been thrown out (wish we had when starters was served). We wasn't asking for price reduction just a clean plate ! That night there was 5 of us dining and 5 of us plus our bad reviews to other people certainly won't be calling again. Appalling service . Shame as it lovely location and nice atmosphere but service even more important than the food. Please retrain your female manager and the waitress. When I hear good reviews I'll stop telling everyone about ours

1  Thank DaisyflowerCamper
There are newer reviews for Brewers Fayre Craigside Inn

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I agree entirely with the two previous reviews. the setting is good, warm atmosphere, helpful and friendly staff. But the food....clearly mass produced and processed. I ordered the lamb shank. It looked unappetising with a pat of mashed potato and a couple of spoonfuls of cabbage in a small bowl (why?). I suspect it came in a bag which was then microwaved. The desserts were of the same ilk - mass produced types. We could have bought similar from the supermarket freezer. The decaff coffee was instant. Not a great meal.

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

This is a gorgeous pub in a beautiful location. What a shame the food is so poor. We have made the mistake of eating here on a few occasions, especially on a Sunday if we've not had time to make a roast. Every time we are so disappointed. It is just cheap, mass produced hospital type food. I know it's a chain pub but there's no excuse, we'd rather pay a bit more for a decent meal. The family next to us were complaining about their food, so it's not just us being picky! A real shame, as this pub has everything going for it but the food. Please sort it out. We won't return until we hear things have improved!

1  Thank sunseasandtime
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I have visited here on numerous occasions, but the last few times I visited, I've been less than impressed, the food is most definitely far from fresh, and seems processed. I know sometimes chain restaurants like this can't make things 100% homemade or whatever but you at least expect it to be cheap if they're cooking frozen food. Last time I went I had a salad, the lettuce was soggy and the chicken was rubbery. The restaurant itself is nice; modern and clean and the staff are great, but I think the food is overpriced for what you get. You're better off going to a local run cafe and paying the same price but getting fresh food. I probably won't go back again

1  Thank Laurenashleyhope
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Been here a couple of times, first time was great, second time not so good.
Visited yesterday and it was fairly empty. After some 15 mins had to go and ask the bar man where our drinks were. Food was ok but the gammon steak was very small - probably the smallest portion we have ever had anywhere. We had a side portion of side cabbage which came in a very small bowl which was only half full, probably about two spoonfulls. When we ordered dessert our first 2 choices were unavailable - would not expect a large eatery like this to run out of things on a fairly small menu.
Otherwise, it has a nice atmosphere and we will probably visit again when we are passing through and try and get there early so we can have the same meals for £10 (2 for £10 offer) then we wouldn't have minded the smaller portions so much.